Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poland will be the wealthiest country in Europe in 10 years time, and the UK the poorest (Telegraph)

pellinore

Oh well. Maybe we can change this by rejoining the Single Market. 65% of all Brits and 86% of under-21s now want to rejoin, and the present government is languishing in the polls, so it seems as if we may be able soon to Take Back our Country from them, restore democracy, and Take Back Control of our Borders and stop the uncontrolled legal and illegal immigration they have unleashed since end of 2020:

All this may come as a surprise. Though Poland is still admired by the British, it is seen by many as a poor country that is to be pitied rather than envied.

One reason for this negative image is that some two million Poles emigrated after the country’s EU entry, with about half of them coming to the UK. Mass emigration was driven partly by unemployment at home, which remained stubbornly high for many years.

That impoverished image, though, is hopelessly out of date. After a period in the wilderness as the economy was retooled, Poland is now booming.

12ft |

Edited by pellinore
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

What is considered poor in UK and Poland?

Anyway, I don't see Poland wealthiest country in 10 years... Time will show whether I'm wrong or not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Anyway, I don't see Poland wealthiest country in 10 years... Time will show whether I'm wrong or not.

Poland at the moment is getting plenty of NATO cash and enjoying their moment as a major possible "flash point" if all out war breaks out across Europe...

Nah...10 years from now Poland will be an after thought once again.

Maybe a "per Capita" event "possibly"...

Poland becoming "wealthier" than UK,Germany,and France overall...pipe dreams lol

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

Oh well. Maybe we can change this by rejoining the Single Market. 65% of all Brits and 86% of under-21s now want to rejoin, and the present government is languishing in the polls, so it seems as if we may be able soon to Take Back our Country from them, restore democracy, and Take Back Control of our Borders and stop the uncontrolled legal and illegal immigration they have unleashed since end of 2020:

All this may come as a surprise. Though Poland is still admired by the British, it is seen by many as a poor country that is to be pitied rather than envied.

One reason for this negative image is that some two million Poles emigrated after the country’s EU entry, with about half of them coming to the UK. Mass emigration was driven partly by unemployment at home, which remained stubbornly high for many years.

That impoverished image, though, is hopelessly out of date. After a period in the wilderness as the economy was retooled, Poland is now booming.

12ft |

I really dont think most of us care one way or the other about Poland. Oh and that Poland boom is a bit of a distortion isn`t it? Here`s an example why:

image.thumb.png.7ff0d1f3c7de746a8bc8e81ad6b828a0.png

Obviously the UK have since left but Poland still gets its tribute from the Germans, French, and Italians. How ironic you want the UK to re-join the EU, yet ignore the fact we would be one of the major contributors funding the rise of Poland.

What a spectacular home goal you have scored today LMAO.

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

Poland at the moment is getting plenty of NATO cash and enjoying their moment as a major possible "flash point" if all out war breaks out across Europe...

Nah...10 years from now Poland will be an after thought once again.

Maybe a "per Capita" event "possibly"...

Poland becoming "wealthier" than UK,Germany,and France overall...pipe dreams lol

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

I agree with you both. Poland is getting an economic boost from the war atm. And it won't become wealthier than France or Germany. It might become wealthier than the UK, though. The UK has erected trade barriers around itself which aren't compensated for by any new trade deals.

Even the pro-Tory Telegraph, when they are publishing saner articles, don't pull their punches on what is facing Britain. They have taken Britain to the brink of disaster:

... a party that talked about reshaping Britain around “high-skill” immigration but then set the salary thresholds for workers as low as £21,000, below the average. They got a party that talked about Taking Back Control only to Completely Lose Control on Britain’s borders while refusing to do the things that would be necessary to regain control.They got a party that spent years criticising New Labour for pushing millions of our fellow citizens onto state dependency and welfare, stripping away meaning and purpose from their lives, but which today presides over a massive expansion in the number of working age people who are on welfare benefits while turning to mass immigration to plug the gaps.

Sunak’s Tories have lost the Red Wall and are destined for oblivion (archive.is)

Edited by pellinore

This is all merely about low wages in Poland attracting new industries.  As the UK discovers how its standard of living has collapsed post BREXIT, I have faith in a collapse in UK wages and a similar boom economy emerging there.

3 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

This is all merely about low wages in Poland attracting new industries.  As the UK discovers how its standard of living has collapsed post BREXIT, I have faith in a collapse in UK wages and a similar boom economy emerging there.

4 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

I really dont think most of us care one way or the other about Poland. Oh and that Poland boom is a bit of a distortion isn`t it? Here`s an example why:

image.thumb.png.7ff0d1f3c7de746a8bc8e81ad6b828a0.png

Obviously the UK have since left but Poland still gets its tribute from the Germans, French, and Italians. How ironic you want the UK to re-join the EU, yet ignore the fact we would be one of the major contributors funding the rise of Poland.

What a spectacular home goal you have scored today LMAO.

5 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Here are some genuine numbers which will help the UK on the way down.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

Here are some genuine numbers which will help the UK on the way down.

I liked your comment, not because I think what is happening is good, but because I am glad you drew attention to it.:hmm:

• 5 weeks later...

Poland's state broadcasting authority has received multiple complaints over the way state media covered a huge anti-government protest over the weekend, an official said Tuesday.

State broadcaster TVP played down the size and significance of the protest led by the main opposition leader, Donald Tusk. Hundreds of thousands of people demonstrated in Warsaw, making it possibly the largest demonstration in decades in Poland.

Organizers estimated that 500,000 people took part. The number is impossible to verify but the march stretched for kilometers through the streets of Warsaw along the main route and down side streets. Protests were also held in other Polish cities.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ap-poland-law-and-justice-donald-tusk-warsaw-b2352566.html

7 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Poland's state broadcasting authority has received multiple complaints over the way state media covered a huge anti-government protest over the weekend, an official said Tuesday.

State broadcaster TVP played down the size and significance of the protest led by the main opposition leader, Donald Tusk. Hundreds of thousands of people demonstrated in Warsaw, making it possibly the largest demonstration in decades in Poland.

Organizers estimated that 500,000 people took part. The number is impossible to verify but the march stretched for kilometers through the streets of Warsaw along the main route and down side streets. Protests were also held in other Polish cities.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ap-poland-law-and-justice-donald-tusk-warsaw-b2352566.html

Poland is starting to see some significant changes, to a large extent brought about by its increased wealth due to EU membership- it is widely expected Poland will overtake the UK in per capita wealth in a decade, certainly in two decades if the UK Britain doesn't change course. Poland's economic growth has been around 3.5% for the last decade, while the UK's has been around 1%, and the UK's projected growth over the next decade will be far less than 1% due to the disastrous trade deals it is entering.

Poland overthrew communism 30 years ago, now they want to be free of the oppressive regime they still have as a legacy of that. It is ironic that some of the UK population who have complained about "Polish plumbers" over here, will be looking for work in Poland in a few years time! ( Not true of course, the people who hate Europeans are mostly retired and will be dead and gone in a decade, it is their children and grandchildren who will have to face the consequences). Let’s be honest, our economic plans for Britain should look a lot more like Poland’s (cityam.com)