Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump found guilty and ordered to pay $5m

pellinore

He'll just run a campaign commercial and scheme up a few mil...the guy really is a bit of a cheesy hustler,I guess you could say...

And then there's Biden getting lost on stage...

Our real choices won't really be Trump Biden,it will be Trump vs Biden's VP...

If Biden would find someone competent that would be good,but Kamala is a walking disaster...

Keep in mind, Kamala doesn't have dementia...when she says something dumb,she's really just that stupid.

Rant over lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

He'll just run a campaign commercial and scheme up a few mil...the guy really is a bit of a cheesy hustler,I guess you could say...

I think he already raised $100+mil for legal fees, maybe the $5 mil can come out of that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Somebody help me understand.  The jury didn't believe her when she said he raped her but found him guilty of defaming her???

Hahaha 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, pellinore said:

The federal jury in New York City found that the former US President defamed advice columnist E Jean Carroll with an October 2022 social media post in which he called her allegations a “con job”.

He was found liable for defamation and sexual abuse. For the battery claim, he was ordered to pay $2 million in compensation and $20,000 in punitive damages, and for defamation, $2.7m in compensation and $280,000 in punitive damages.

Donald Trump found liable of sexually abusing E Jean Carroll and ordered to pay $5m | US | News | Express.co.uk

Well, she will have to get in line, he still has a lot of creditors waiting to be paid from what I hear.  A con man who doesn't pay his bills.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Sexual abuse yes, rape is harder to prove.  Maybe you need a male member large enough for penetration?         But 6 men and 3 women  found enough evidence to support her case.

How did she prove he sexually abused her if she didn't prove he raped her? What was the evidence? I'm genuinely curious. I've paid zero attention to this case. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm a bit confused on this too.

How did they prove Battery, but not Rape. It was all one story from one witness.

Probably because it is a civil trial and you don't have to really prove he did it, but that it's likely he did it. Maybe they believed him when he said she was not his type?? But that he liked grabbing woman.

And if there was no rape, did he really defame her? I guess maybe just being denied that you've met Trump is defamation...

But then it was a jury from New York City... So decision really doesn't have to make sense.

That said, I think Trump should just pay it and ask her to go away. And I hope she's able to get some kind of vindication, and closure, from her victory. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Somebody help me understand.  The jury didn't believe her when she said he raped her but found him guilty of defaming her???

Hahaha 

It is progressive Democrat logic driven by Trump derangement syndrome...  

The entire lawsuit is about her claiming Trump raped her in a department store and Trump defaming her by saying she was lying / making it up.   She couldn't prove Trump raped her, but some how Trump still defamed her?  He defamed her by denying it happened, but yet she can't prove it happened.  What a clown show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

That said, I think Trump should just pay it and ask her to go away. And I hope she's able to get some kind if vindication, and closure, from her victory. 

Screw that! If I was him I'd sue her immediately for defamation! 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Hahaha 

By November next year, he'll have been slam-dunk convicted in MULTIPLE deep-blue jurisdictions and every one of them is likely to boost his polling and his campaign donations.  It's all the Left has left.  ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, acidhead said:

How did she prove he sexually abused her if she didn't prove he raped her? What was the evidence? I'm genuinely curious. I've paid zero attention to this case. 

It'd all about the jury pool.  As I said, MULTIPLE convictions will occur before the 2024 election and I seriously doubt that any of them will hurt him in the end.

• Like 2

I think she couldn't prove he actually entered her, hence the sexual battery conviction without the rape element.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

That said, I think Trump should just pay it and ask her to go away.

And set THAT precedent for the crowd in NY that would get in line?  Nah.  Wait on the appeals.

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Excellent thank you! 

How did she prove he touched her sexually?

Exactly... if you can't prove one, you can't prove the other.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yep, anyone stupid enough to grab another, univited to do so,  by the ass, chest or crotch is sexual battery.   It is assault at the very least.  

People are going to have to pay attention to the words they use to the other sex as well, because some things could be construed as verbal assault even if the person saying them thinks its ok to say them. (like accusing a woman of being on her period when by a man who doesn't like what she says).    

• Like 7

Just now, Edumakated said:

Exactly... if you can't prove one, you can't prove the other.  

Honestly, I'd like to hear what the evidence was that convinced this jury that proved he touched her sexually. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Excellent thank you! 

AFAIK, they didn't even prove they were at the store together.

The defamation was contingent on the Battery, not the rape. So as long as the jury thought he "might have done it" they can fund him guilty.

Though, on an appeal, the lack of a rape conviction could easily overturn the others. Depending on judge and jury selection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, and-then said:

And set THAT precedent for the crowd in NY that would get in line?  Nah.  Wait on the appeals.

Too late, the precedent was set before or there would not have even been a trial, but I bet some women come out of the wood work an start proceedings on the same kind of law suits against him now.  And I will laugh my head off every time he looses.   He has had some nasty habits and now they are coming back to bite him. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

some things could be construed as verbal assault even if the person saying them thinks its ok to say them. (like accusing a woman of being on her period when by a man who doesn't like what she says).    

Really??? That's against the law??? Verbal assault?? 

Wow, ya learn something new everyday.

• Thanks 1

I find it really bad that our system allows for civil suits in situations like this....

If someone is accused of a crime such as rape, then it needs to be tried in a criminal court.  This thing where we can't get a criminal conviction but we can win a civil suit with less evidence is bonkers imho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Excellent thank you! 

Well for Stormy Daniels, it was by describing portions of Donald's anatomy that can only be seen while naked.  Not entirely sure what Carroll did, but I can imagine scenarios which she could prove an unwanted physical interaction.

• Like 8