Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

James Allen

Amita

26 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Got that right. In fact, I almost lost a girlfriend because she was afraid I was one of those guys that didn't have "wrong thoughts." ;)

Some "wrong thoughts" are like seeds that may take years, or lifetimes to give their bad fruit.

In my opinion, nobody can say that a wrong thought never had its negative consequence, it just didn't happen yet!!

Every effect, had its cause, but some causes are so distant as to not be seen.

8 hours ago, eight bits said:

Where is @XenoFish? We need a singing commercial for Chaos Magick!

He popped on briefly on Mother’s Day. Piney is right he takes frequent well being breaks. He will be back June 24 or 25. 

He is missed. :wub:

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

But it isn't necessarily all about cognitive narratives, influences and scenarios..

No, one knows a bad thought by how it makes you feel.

That's why we suffer, because we feel bad.

And then we start to ask questions, to make a narrative, to fit a pattern..

This is why you suffer because you feel bad about yourself, asking questions is a good place to start not so you can create an narrative to explain the pattern of feeling bad, but to understand what the triggers are so you can work with them and heal them or simply accept that as a human being there may be times you will feel bad and you will get thru whether it is dragging yourself kicking and screaming (fear mongering, catastrophizing) or finding a better way (self compassion/awareness), as humans we have good days and bad days. The biggest challenge is one has to do the work.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

This is why you suffer because you feel bad about yourself, asking questions is a good place to start not so you can create an narrative to explain the pattern of feeling bad, but to understand what the triggers are so you can work with them and heal them or simply accept that as a human being there may be times you will feel bad and you will get thru whether it is dragging yourself kicking and screaming (fear mongering, catastrophizing) or finding a better way (self compassion/awareness), as humans we have good days and bad days. The biggest challenge is one has to do the work.

The reason, (besides simply being human nature) to ask questions, to find a narrative, to fit a pattern, is to acquire the knowledge, to then avoid, or mitigate, falling into the same pitfalls again and again.

Ones feelings are really a compass, to let us know when we are on the right track, or not.

"Think less, and feel more" are kind of my watch-words, right now.

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

The reason, (besides simply being human nature) to ask questions, to find a narrative, to fit a pattern, is to acquire the knowledge, to then avoid, or mitigate, falling into the same pitfalls again and again.

Ones feelings are really a compass, to let us know when we are on the right track, or not.

"Think less, and feel more" are kind of my watch-words, right now.

CH one accepts what is and works from there. What is viable in your perspective is asking questions to establish the facts, then work from there. I’d scrap the rest. 

Have you read “Hardwiring Happiness” by Rich Hanson?  

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

CH one accepts what is and works from there. What is viable in your perspective is asking questions to establish the facts, then work from there. I’d scrap the rest. 

Have you read “Hardwiring Happiness” by Rich Hanson?  

But, how is one supposed to scrap their feelings?

And isn't that simply asking for trouble?

Feeling bad, oops, must have missed my step, and, feeling peaceful, happy, content, yep, must have stepped right, today.

The mind/ego can justify anything, death, murder, corruption, lying cheating stealing...

But the heart, never lies.

Therefore, think less, and feel more, (imho).

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

He popped on briefly on Mother’s Day. Piney is right he takes frequent well being breaks. He will be back June 24 or 25. 

He is missed. :wub:

Those are very precise dates, Sheri?

30 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Feeling bad, oops, must have missed my step, and, feeling peaceful, happy, content, yep, must have stepped right, today.

The mind/ego can justify anything, death, murder, corruption, lying cheating stealing...

Basically, You are judging yourself in this post. 

Keep working on self awareness you barely have your foot in the door, accept where you are work from there. You’re trying to be an expert when you have so much to learn. Piney told you that you are trying  to teach something you have not yet learned. Do the work the rest will come. Use self compassion to get you thru your hard times and you will have hard days. Take One moment at a time. 

Thoughts are an interpretation the objective is to become as clear headed ( in tune to actuality/facts) as one possibly can while accounting for influences, conditioning, experiences, beliefs,  biology etc etc. In mindfulness, this is non judgmental open awareness in critical thinking it is Ockham’s razor. You could even come up with a much more viable god construct to get you through as you learn these skills. 

Mindfulness skills: non judgment, open awareness, acceptance, focusing one’s attention on the present. If you don’t like mindfulness, Critical thinking will accomplish the same thing. 

‘You misunderstood you cannot scrap your feelings, remember, of course validate your feelings but keep in mind they are not always an accurate gauge of actuality. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Those are very precise dates, Sheri?

They are, this is from Xeno himself. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

They are, this is from Xeno himself. 

I didn't catch his fleeting appearance.

He didn't bother to stop for a chat, (with me) for some reason...(:().

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I didn't catch his fleeting appearance.

He didn't bother to stop for a chat, (with me) for some reason...(:().

Well, It is for the best he is creating an environment of compassion and empathy and kindness for his well being it is appropriate for him to have firm boundaries where you are concerned, as he heals and tends to his personal life. 

I am very proud of him, he is doing the work. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Well, It is for the best he is creating an environment of compassion and empathy and kindness for his well being it is appropriate for him to have firm boundaries where you are concerned, as he heals and tends to his personal life. 

Yes, he's broadened his horizons.

• Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Oh, so that was the reason, I am too dangerous to be allowed into his environment.

Okey-dokey.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Oh, so that was the reason, I am too dangerous to be allowed into his environment.

Okey-dokey.

Not dangerous, just your empathy, compassion and kindness needs some refinement, first. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Feeling include fear which is an inhibitor to moving forward, thinking can reason ones way past fear (dislike or other) to acheive a positive end, I do things because I think about them and what value they have so for me there is very little feeling involved.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Feeling include fear which is an inhibitor to moving forward, thinking can reason ones way past fear (dislike or other) to acheive a positive end, I do things because I think about them and what value they have so for me there is very little feeling involved.

Well you are also positive naturally, you look for the value in things as a skill. Your right fear is incredibly motivating, it isn’t an evil thing. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Okey-dokey.

Hi Crazy Horse

Xeno is being generous with you by ignoring you and you are not a danger to him, he is just trying not to be dangerous for you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Well you are also positive naturally, you look for the value in things as a skill. 

Hi Sherapy

Thanks, there is so much that is amazing and challenging in life so getting emotional about what should I do in msny cases is a barrier for some people. I put values on things because they are parts of a whole or end of/to something that I want go do or acheive evenif it is just to know someone.

Just bough a new phone and trying to get used to typing on it with my fat fingers..

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Not dangerous, just your empathy, compassion and kindness needs some refinement, first. 

Are we talking about the same Fish, here?

10 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Without thought, ones ego is left behind, (along with many silly issues) and in that empty space of the mind, Spirit, love, peace, and goodwill can claim their rightful position.

From which point on-wards, one may live life in abundance.

This is not speculation but a lived experience.

10 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Well you are also positive naturally, you look for the value in things as a skill. Your right fear is incredibly motivating, it isn’t an evil thing. 

What is there to fear when GOD is all powerful, and all loving?

Ignorance and the unknown are the root cause of fear, love is the light that casts-out all the shadows of the ones confusion.

10 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Xeno is being generous with you by ignoring you and you are not a danger to him, he is just trying not to be dangerous for you.

How is Xeno a danger to me, Jay?

5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Without thought, ones ego is left behind, (along with many silly issues) and in that empty space of the mind, Spirit, love, peace, and goodwill can claim their rightful position.

From which point on-wards, one may live life in abundance.

This is not speculation but a lived experience.

Hi Crazy Horse

That is your story and you're sticking to it huh. Glad to say my life is different than yours.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

How is Xeno a danger to me, Jay?

Hi Crazy Horse

Because of your ego.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Are we talking about the same Fish, here?

There in lies the problem, it is lack of empathy on your end. 

• Thanks 1