Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO attack left US guards "screaming and babbling"

pellinore

We humans know everything because we landed on the moon and invented the internet. :w00t:

11 hours ago, pellinore said:

A US Air Force captain has recalled a terrifying moment in which his nuclear base came “under attack from a UFO”.

He described how guards were left “frightened”, “screaming” and “babbling” by the bizarre sighting, which has been covered up for more than 50 years.

Robert Salas, a retired US Air Force Captain, was heading up a Malmstrom base in Montana back in 1967.

He and his colleagues saw eight orange-coloured lights over the base, which was holding 10 nuclear missiles.

UFO attack on Air Force base left guards ‘screaming and babbling’ | Weird | News | Express.co.uk

Thanks for posting. My base was involved in that investigation, and it wouldn't be the last time either because other SAC bases were affected as well. The two missile flights that were affected in March 1967 were Oscar and Echo flights. However, UFOs continued to affect our missiles for years to come. 

Former Airmen to Govt.: Come Clean on UFOs

Former Air Force officers say UFOs interfered with nuclear missiles.

The U.S. government's official line may be that unidentified flying objects (UFOs) don't pose a national security threat, but a group of former Air Force officers gathered Monday in the nation's capital to tell a different story.

During a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., seven former Air Force officers once stationed at nuclear bases around the country said that not only have UFOs visited Air Force bases, some have succeeded in disabling nuclear missiles stationed there.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/airmen-govt-clean-ufos/story?id=11738715

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, pellinore said:

A US Air Force captain has recalled a terrifying moment in which his nuclear base came “under attack from a UFO”.

He described how guards were left “frightened”, “screaming” and “babbling” by the bizarre sighting, which has been covered up for more than 50 years.

Robert Salas, a retired US Air Force Captain, was heading up a Malmstrom base in Montana back in 1967.

He and his colleagues saw eight orange-coloured lights over the base, which was holding 10 nuclear missiles.

UFO attack on Air Force base left guards ‘screaming and babbling’ | Weird | News | Express.co.uk

Link "Salas told the guards to keep it outside the parameter of the gates". How precisely would soldiers fight a UFO? 

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

We humans know everything because we landed on the moon and invented the internet. :w00t:

What exactly is that supposed to mean?

You're one of the most vague posters on the site. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You're one of the most vague posters on the site. 

It means... something may have truly happened,then again it may have not happened.

I'm the king! :P :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

More slight changes to Salas' story. It's all nonsense that's been long debunked. He's obviously looking for more speaking engagements and the younger folks who know nothing of the entire matter lp it up. That's why there's been a run of articles regarding Malmstrom resurfacing the last few months. Kinda scummy in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

More slight changes to Salas' story. It's all nonsense that's been long debunked. He's obviously looking for more speaking engagements and the younger folks who know nothing of the entire matter lp it up. That's why there's been a run of articles regarding Malmstrom resurfacing the last few months. Kinda scummy in my opinion.

Nonsense that has been debunked? I don't think so.

1061274115_AirForceStaffMessageUFOLandingBoltMontanaMarch1967(A).thumb.jpg.54f9a5c1f5a55176a651a05cd7b9a04a.jpg

malmstrom-ufo-testimonials-p5-large.thumb.gif.4fef5486e7e9b194dde4721c4a3c38ff.gif

malmstrom-ufo-testimonials-p6-large.thumb.gif.9d55879fee3f5bd80c161d4bbbc336a8.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if the guards really were “screaming” and “babbling” something serious must have happened no doubt about that.

Unless the guards weren't properly trained or prepared.  In my head they are the guys that have to keep their cool in most situations.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, iAlrakis said:

if the guards really were “screaming” and “babbling” something serious must have happened no doubt about that.

Unless the guards weren't properly trained or prepared.  In my head they are the guys that have to keep their cool in most situations.

Or Salas is changing elements of his initial story to grab headlines again. Embellishing a story that was investigated and explained many, many years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Or Salas is changing elements of his initial story to grab headlines again. Embellishing a story that was investigated and explained many, many years ago.

Apparently, the facts do not agree with what you say.

Former Boeing Engineer, Robert Kaminski Confirms UFO Activity at Echo Flight Missile Launch Control Facility in 1967

By Robert Kaminski (Boeing's Chief Investigator)

Since this was a field site peculiar incident, a determination was made to send out an investigation team to survey the LCF [Echo Launch Control Facility] and the LFs [Launch Facilities, or silos] to determine what failures or related incidents could be found to explain the cause. The team was made up of qualified engineers and technicians headed by scientific person who was a glaciologist. There were about 5 persons in all that were sent out. After a week in the field the team returned and pooled their data. At the outset the team quickly noticed a lack of anything that would come close to explain why the event occurred. There were no significant failures, engineering data or findings that would explain how ten missiles were knocked off alert. This indeed turned out to be a rare event and not encountered before.

The use of backup power systems and other technical system circuit operational redundancy strongly suggests that this kind of event is virtually impossible once the system was up and running and on line with other LCF's and LF's interconnectivity.

[After months of investigation,] the team met with me to report their findings and it was decided that the final report would have nothing significant in it to explain what happened at E-Flight. In other words there was no technical explanation that could explain the event. The team went off to do the report. Meanwhile I was contacted by our representative at OOAMA (Don Peterson) and told by him that the incident was reported as being a UFO event—That a UFO was seen by some Airmen over the LCF [sic] at the time E-Flight went down.

Subsequently, we were notified a few days later, that a stop work order was on the way from OOAMA to stop any further effort on this project. We stopped. We were also told that we were not to submit the final engineering report. This was most unusual since all of our work required review by the customer and the submittal of a final Engineering report to OOAMA.”

692260730_Jamison-Affidavit_Page_1(1).thumb.jpg.4d534222cba0d03ebdb11ab6df7aaba9.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Apparently, the facts do not agree with what you say.

there are no facts here... what you believe to be fact because you read a story is not fact- but deep down you know that, don't you!

if you don't then how did you get by in the position you claim to have been in- not understanding the true meaning of the word fact must have been awkward for you & painful for others...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dejarma said:

there are no facts here... what you believe to be fact because you read a story is not fact- but deep down you know that, don't you!

if you don't then how did you get by in the position you claim to have been in- not understanding the true meaning of the word fact must have been awkward for you & painful for others...

Nice whargarble. Is this a primer on how to show you know absolutely nothing? Cause that's what you just did. Can't attack the info, so you attack the poster. 

Your batting a thousand as a denialist. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Reality is not on your side by any means because the facts are etched in the stone of history. Case in point:

Congressman Gallagher Questions Pentagon Officials on UFOs

Rep. Gallagher: "It’s also been reported that there have been UAP observed and interacting with and flying over sensitive military facilities, particularly not just ranges, but some facilities housing our strategic nuclear forces. One such incident allegedly occurred at Malmstrom Air Force Base in which 10 of our nuclear ICBMs were rendered inoperable......Well, I would say it’s a pretty high profile incident. I don’t claim to be an expert on this. But that’s out there in the ether. You’re the guys investigating it. I mean, who else is doing it?"

And it would not be the last time that UFOs would pay a visit to Malmstrom AFB. Notice in the report what ground observers reported at 0420 EST when the F-106's entered the area  and when they left. Such behavior on the part of the UFOs indicate intelligence, which has been mentioned in a number of UFO reports from around the world. Here is one example.

MANEUVERED MOTION AND "INTELLIGENT CONTROL

Case after case can be cited of UFOs apparently playing interactive games with (a) military aircraft

http://www.nicap.org/eth/motionstudy_ruppelt_orig.htm

11-8-2021-5-54-15-AM.thumb.jpg.71a4364331366ed3edde25267d6051fb.jpg

648442648_484a10c214d8(1).thumb.gif.417addfdc93c00130513a6d9cf5591d1.gif

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

Looks like there's more fake documents out there. There's one glaring mistake on that "memo". If you know action memorandums and their formatting, you'll see it immediately. More junk and fairy tales.

Edited by Trelane
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

Looks like there's more fake documents out there. There's one glaring mistake on that "memo". If you know action memorandums and their formatting, you'll see it immediately. More junk and fairy tales.

Can you point exactly what "memo" you have in mind? And what are glaring mistakes there? Just curious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

Can you point exactly what "memo" you have in mind? And what are glaring mistakes there? Just curious.

The one Sky is using in his post.

The date/time group used is the most obvious one. Regardless of when this was allegedly published, it is wrong by doctrine. The letterhead is wrong too from what I can see. Not 100% certain about other errors I am observing without more comparison research. 

• Thanks 1

Examine this incident from the aliens' perspective.  Why would they do this, and what might they hope to achieve?  Why would a UFO do these things attributed to it, then beggar off and leave everything exactly as before?

Okay, confession, I'm not actually an alien, so I don't have a great insight into how aliens think.  (I'll leave that to @censored and @also censored (Piney and Harte).)  But it seems to me a rather silly and pointless thing to do, which leads me to doubt it ever actually happened. 

Perhaps they were actively trying to disable nuclear weapons?  So why start there, in Ar$€hole Nowhere, Montana?  And - having established that your intergalactic UFO technology is better than 1960s US tech - why stop there?  Why not just use your superior brainpower and AI to disarm all nukes everywhere?  Surely that's the obvious logical (and easy) escalation?

Just to repeat: this is a very silly story.  It never happened. 

Edited by Tom1200
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Examine this incident from the aliens' perspective.  Why would they do this, and what might they hope to achieve?  Why would a UFO do these things attributed to it, then beggar off and leave everything exactly as before?

Okay, confession, I'm not actually an alien, so I don't have a great insight into how aliens think.  (I'll leave that to @censored and @also censored (Piney and Harte).)  But it seems to me a rather silly and pointless thing to do, which leads me to doubt it ever actually happened. 

Perhaps they were actively trying to disable nuclear weapons?  So why start there, in Ar$€hole Nowhere, Montana?  And - having established that your intergalactic UFO technology is better than 1960s US tech - why stop there?  Why not just use your superior brainpower and AI to disarm all nukes everywhere?  Surely that's the obvious logical (and easy) escalation?

I RESENT THAT STATEMENT AND KEEP MY SENILE DADDY OUTTA IT.

*wispy drippy southerners have to always make problems....*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

It also begs the question, did they not bring a Wi-Fi booster?

Edited by Trelane
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Trelane said:

That is basically what UFO debunkers told me in reference to the Navy's UFO videos after the Navy's videos were first revealed. Case in point was when a UFO debunker said that "Luis Elizondo claimed to be the director of a declassified UFO program called Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program that closed in 2012. The program, he said was to report on alien UFOS. He gives a video to the New York Times that he claims he stole from the Department of Defense."

The UFO debunker then said: "It gets funnier. There already was a fake video of the Nimitz "Tic-Tac" UFO on you-tube in 2007. Luis hands a newer enhanced fake version, created by his UFO chasing business To The Stars Academy Limited, to the New York Times." However, that particular UFO debunker eventually met his fate when the rest of the story became known after the Navy later confirmed it's UFO video was real.

Video taken by US Navy pilot appears to show UFO, Pentagon confirms video is real

The Pentagon is confirming that leaked video appearing to show an unknown object flying in the sky is an unidentified aerial phenomena, or UAP, according to multiple reports.

https://www.denver7.com/news/national/video-taken-by-us-navy-pilot-appears-to-show-ufo-pentagon-confirms-video-is-real

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/pentagon-ufo-navy-warship-video-b1830418.html

It became apparent that UFO debunker was not interested in doing homework.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Trelane said:

The one Sky is using in his post.

The date/time group used is the most obvious one. Regardless of when this was allegedly published, it is wrong by doctrine. The letterhead is wrong too from what I can see. Not 100% certain about other errors I am observing without more comparison research. 

Wrong!! Apparently, you made that up and this is another case in point. 

379838665_5_msg1(4).thumb.gif.35f4108bc32f161d23a44986cfe343a3.gif.

• Like 2

Posting more fakes does not make them true. Clearly you have no idea the construction of memos and correspondence within the DoD. 

I have never disputed that the videos Elizondo acquired without authorization or clearance were real. I simply have stated they are not videos of extraterrestrial craft. 

It's getting to be a bit tired to say this so many times through so many threads. I refuse to waste any more intellectual calories on such stupidity.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

The incident occurred as reported and I know that as a fact because my base was involved in the investigations. There is much the public is unaware of about what we know about UFOs. And I might add, incidents such as what  occurred to two missile flights at Malmstrom AFB  have occurred at other SAC bases as well. Case in point.

A NARRATIVE OF UFO EVENTS AT MINOT AIR FORCE BASE

Shortly afterwards, RAPCON provided vectors for the B-52 to overfly a stationary UFO on or near the ground. After turning onto the downwind leg of the traffic pattern, the pilots observed a large, illuminated UFO ahead of the aircraft for several minutes, before turning onto the base leg over the UFO while observing it at close range. After the B-52 landed, both outer and inner-zone intrusions alarms were activated at the remote missile Launch Facility Oscar-7. The duration of reported observations was over three hours.

https://minotb52ufo.com/

https://minotb52ufo.com/introduction.php

https://www.minotdailynews.com/news/local-news/2021/12/military-veterans-urge-truth-told-about-unidentified-aerial-phenomena-incidents/

What’s Going On In the Skies Over Western Air Bases?

On October 23, 2010, F.E. Warren Air Force Base, in Cheyenne, Wyoming, temporarily lost the ability to communicate with 50 of its Minuteman III nuclear missiles. The five Missile Alert Facilities responsible for launching those ICBMs in time of war, the 319th Missile Squadron, would have been unable to do so during the disruption. Significantly, these same individuals report multiple sightings by “numerous [Air Force] teams” of an enormous cigar-shaped craft maneuvering high above the missile field on the day of the disruption, and the following day. The huge UFO was described as appearing similar to a World War I German Zeppelin, but had no passenger gondola or advertising on its hull, as would a commercial blimp. 

https://montanapioneer.com/whats-going-on-in-the-skies-over-western-air-bases/

1975 Malmstrom AFB UFO Incident 

https://www.nicap.org/articles/CI-Malmstrom.htm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1