Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus. A man of peace?

Abramelin

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

And you don't have a shred otherwise.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that consciousness continues after the physical death.

See post #70.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that consciousness continues after the physical death.

See post #70.

Meanwhile, in Kenya... 

5 days ago  Children were targeted as the first to be starved to death in the final days of a Christian doomsday cult in Kenya, according to fresh ...

6 days ago  Searchers for survivors and victims of a doomsday cult in Kenya's Shakahola forest discovered 22 more bodies on Saturday, according to a ...

6 days ago  The number of victims of a starvation cult in Kenya's Shakahola forest has risen to 201 after 22 more bodies were recovered, according to ...

1 day ago  Tipped off by defectors from the cult, Mr. Kaudo found emaciated believers who, though in the throes of death, cursed him as “an enemy of

~

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I can’t prove a negative. The onus is on you that it DOESN’T stop. So far you’ve shown nothing. And as science has shown human consciousness requires a brain. :rolleyes:

cormac

I have already shown how consciousness is non-local to the brain, which means that it could continue after death.

Or perhaps you can explain how someone having a NDE, can come back and know certain things that were non-local.

For example, the man who saw and spoke to a dead relative, only the relative had died whilst the man was having his NDE, and could not possibly know this.

Explain that, and countless other examples too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Do hallucinations and delusions give one information, for example, of where missing people are?

Because that would mean that consciousness is non-local to the brain.

Which in turn means that there is a good chance of consciousness going-on, after the physical body dies.

And the hilarious part is you have no takers.

On top of the fact you use the name of a deceased  Blotaa hunka Akicita and Dreamer, which is disrespectful to the Lakota in so many ways. 

• Thanks 4

Just now, Piney said:

And the hilarious part is you have no takers.

On top of the fact you use the name of a deceased  Blotaa hunka Akicita and Dreamer, which is disrespectful to the Lakota in so many ways. 

What is really hilarious is that you have no argument outside the usual insults.

And my name is a point of remembrance, to a great man.

So unless you can speak for all the Lakota..

• Like 1

I have already shown how consciousness is non-local to the brain, which means that it could continue after death.

Or perhaps you can explain how someone having a NDE, can come back and know certain things that were non-local.

For example, the man who saw and spoke to a dead relative, only the relative had died whilst the man was having his NDE, and could not possibly know this.

Hi Crazy Horse

Near death is not death so consciousness never left the body

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

If you don't understand this, you probably need some more milk..

Maybe you really need to read the OP.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Near death is not death so consciousness never left the body

So, what's that got to do with my point.

Does a psychic "knowing" where a missing person is - did I say they were dead?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

What is really hilarious is that you have no argument outside the usual insults.

And my name is a point of remembrance, to a great man.

So unless you can speak for all the Lakota..

I know their language, customs and know people get beaten up by their Akacita for using it.  So yes. 

And there is no insults, just the facts.

• Like 4

And yet the truth remains that there doesn't need to be proof in order for something to be true.

But it sure can be denied.

• Like 1

So, what's that got to do with my point.

Does a psychic "knowing" where a missing person is - did I say they were dead?

I have watched many "Disappeared" episodes on IDTV, but never was it said someone was found by following the directions of some psychic.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Piney said:

I know their language, customs and know people get beaten up by their Akacita for using it.  So yes. 

And there is no insults, just the facts.

But do you speak for every Lakota?

Because that seems to be a pretty insulting thing to claim.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Do you have a link for this claim?

Near death is not classified as biological death, they are not the same thing, you are not even clear on what you are talking about. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

And yet the truth remains that there doesn't need to be proof in order for something to be true.

But it sure can be denied.

It sure can, even when all the evidence suggests otherwise.

I wonder what the actual Crazy Horse had to say about the afterlife?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

But do you speak for every Lakota?

Because that seems to be a pretty insulting thing to claim.

Their custom says you do not claim/ use the name of a respected person after they are deceased.

And Taashunkaa Wiitko, which is how you actually say his named hated all things Christian. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, Christ is many things to many people.

But, to me, those teaching that seem contradictory are simply given to help the individual, at that moment. Milk for babes, and meat for men, type of thing.

For example, to love and respect ones parents is normal, (in this mundane world) but the higher teaching would be that we are all one - GOD - but to realise THAT, one must let-go of all attachments, notions, ideas and thoughts in general.

If you don't understand this, you probably need some more milk..

Hi Crazy Horse

If you admit that you have only read parts of the new testsament then you have not stufied what is in the bible. What you have is an opinion that you have crafted into a belief system which is unsupported by the very bible you cherry picked rabbit raisins from.

Am heading out of town now so it may be several hours before I can read or respond again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Perhaps you can explain how an NDE IS DEATH? It isn’t. The rest of your post is anecdotal at best. 

cormac

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

If you admit that you have only read parts of the new testsament then you have not stufied what is in the bible. What you have is an opinion that you have crafted into a belief system which is unsupported by the very bible you cherry picked rabbit raisins from.

Am heading out of town now so it may be several hours before I can read or respond again.

Have a safe trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It sure can, even when all the evidence suggests otherwise.

I wonder what the actual Crazy Horse had to say about the afterlife?

He believed in the reincarnation of his Skan Soul while his Earth Soul watched his people

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So, the prophet Equinius states that self-centered selfishness and narcissistic self-love is the key to enlightenment, happiness and a world that smells of charbroiled cheeseburgers, evermore? Well, I'm sold!

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Haha 3

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Perhaps you can explain how an NDE IS DEATH? It isn’t. The rest of your post is anecdotal at best. 

cormac

I didn't say a NDE is an actual death, (stop with the strawman).

What I claimed is that there is overwhelming evidence to show, how, many many people come back from a NDE with information concerning things that they could not possible know.

Therefore, it figures, (unless you have a different explanation), that ones consciousness can, and does work away from the brain. One may even suggest that all consciousness is one..

And you are at liberty to ignore all the evidence, but that's not a very scientific attitude, right?

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

He believed in the reincarnation of his Skan Soul while his Earth Soul watched his people

Ok, thank you..

He believed in reincarnation, great.

Ones consciousness continuing after the physical body has died.

14 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

14 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

Most if not the majority of NDE’s are due to serious injury to the brain or a whole lot of drugs keeping a person in an induced coma to heal physically. IMHO

Case in point, my middle son was riding his bicycle was hit by a car, he flew off his bike, hit his head on the fender of a parked car, he was knocked out cold, in a coma for 11 days when he came to he had all kinds of wild stories, sheesh, the doctor told him this was common in head injuries, it will pass. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

What I claimed is that there is overwhelming evidence to show, how, many many people come back from a NDE with information concerning things that they could not possible know.

Therefore, it figures, (unless you have a different explanation), that ones consciousness can, and does work away from the brain. One may even suggest that all consciousness is one..

And you are at liberty to ignore all the evidence, but that's not a very scientific attitude, right?

IMG_0736.thumb.jpeg.cec1a862ded6d245b2422469f97d4282.jpeg

So you’re just an outright liar then as you’ve attempted to use Post 70 to mean exactly that? That not really unexpected. 

Btw, you don’t know how to use the scientific method so let’s not pretend you’re remotely competent in that regard. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You have made the error, NDE and Death are not the same thing. And lots of stories is only evident of hear say or subjective narratives. This is an important point dude. :P The issue is your own gullibility, meaning you believe what ever you read or hear without evidence. This is on you to correct. The appropriate response is just to refine, learn something, and stand corrected. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked