Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus. A man of peace?

Abramelin

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Evidence is somethinng that can be observed and tested independantly to get the same results. It is obvious that you do not understand this and using the word improperly.

No, evidence points to a truth.

Proof is what is actually observed and tested, with the same results.

So it is in actual fact, it is you who is using the word improperly.

18 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well we should all be thankful that you are here to speak for everybody else.

Some people would call that narcissistic.

And btw, you have no idea what my estimation, concerning my perceived knowledge of consciousness, is.

Which is sadly, yet more narcissism on your part.

:sleepy:

cormac

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So here is an amazing discussion concerning Christ, His teachings, who He was, and what happened to His teaching in the past, to the present.

For anyone actually interested in His more esoteric message, and its importance in todays world..

This is highly recommended.

Stunning.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

It really doesn't.

The personal opinion comes about after one has, (more or less) finished their discernment.

I say "more or less" because with new evidence, one has to renew their original discernment.

And if the new evidence doesn't fit ones paradigm, then the paradigm shifts.

Every piece of the jigsaw, (every insight) allows one to see the bigger picture that much clearer.

What that picture turns out to be, is none of my concern.

An add to: have you ever considered additional training and development in the are of critical application? 

It does come across as you really do not understand empirical evidence and objectivity, the scientific method. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No, evidence points to a truth.

Proof is what is actually observed and tested, with the same results.

So it is in actual fact, it is you who is using the word improperly.

Hi Crazy Horse

You walk into s room and there is a body laying on the floor with his head bashed in. Near by there is a carpenters framing hammer with blood on the claws and head. There are bloody finger prints on the hammer that identify the culprit. The evidence is the hammer, the blood, and the fingerprints and what they prove is the hammer was used to kill the victim as the blood was the victims. The bloody fingerprint prove that the suspect used the hammmer to kill the victim.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lightly said:

Sorry for being off topic Abe

No problem. The topic has changed to 'Crazy Horse' so I don't care. Talk about your bbq if you want.

Your story was interesting, btw.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

No problem. The topic has changed to 'Crazy Horse' so I don't care. Talk about your bbq if you want.

Your story was interesting, btw.

Sorry Abramelin to be a huge part of derailing the thread.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

On 5/20/2023 at 4:57 AM, Will Due said:

I don't think that's exactly right. 

"The kingdom of God is within you"

God's presence dwells within everyone. Which is why you can end up knowing who Jesus really is, like many people have been doing for two thousand years without reading the gospels and other books in the NT and OT.

That's called imagination.

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well we should all be thankful that you are here to speak for everybody else.

Some people would call that narcissistic.

And btw, you have no idea what my estimation, concerning my perceived knowledge of consciousness, is.

Which is sadly, yet more narcissism on your part.

This is in error, CH Cormac doesn’t display the characteristics of narcissism.

A narcissist routinely overestimates themselves, their behaviors are often centered around how superior they think they are and claim attributes that are not in evidence, they have great difficulty recognizing their own limitations, feedback is often met by blaming others or blamed on other external factors rather than recognizing their own shortcomings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was surfing for info on “Indulgences”  (basically, monetary offerings to the Church for ,sort of, partial payment for sins?)   And info on forgiveness.. found this link which has many many Bible book verses (name&numbers)  about Forgiveness….in the Old&New testaments.  I was wondering about   ((Forgiveness))   boosting Jesus’ appeal.     ..from Isaiah 9  

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, [2] Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

This is in error, CH Cormac doesn’t display the characteristics of narcissism.

A narcissist routinely overestimates themselves, their behaviors are often centered around how superior they think they are and claim attributes that are not in evidence, they have great difficulty recognizing their own limitations, feedback is often met by blaming others or blamed on other external factors rather than recognizing their own shortcomings. 

I’m not worried about “Walker, Jr.” I’ve been here since 2008, CH has been here for a minute. And I didn’t say everybody I said MANY, and of those that have posted in this thread no one besides Will Due, CH’s trained monkey, has shown any suggestion they think CH knows what he’s talking about. He should be asking himself why. 

cormac

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, lightly said:

I was surfing for info on “Indulgences”  (basically, monetary offerings to the Church for ,sort of, partial payment for sins?)   And info on forgiveness.. found this link which has many many Bible book verses (name&numbers)  about Forgiveness….in the Old&New testaments.  I was wondering about   ((Forgiveness))   boosting Jesus’ appeal.     ..from Isaiah 9  

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, [2] Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

I’d expect that to go as well for a Prince of Peace as the idea of city-states led by religion went for the Sumerians, ie. not well at all. 

Taken literally that wouldn’t go well with other NE countries as the United Monarchy was larger than modern Israel. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I’m not worried about “Walker, Jr.” I’ve been here since 2008, CH has been here for a minute. And I didn’t say everybody I said MANY, and of those that have posted in this thread no one besides Will Due, CH’s trained monkey, has shown any suggestion they think CH knows what he’s talking about. He should be asking himself why. 

cormac

:wub: Good to hear you let it roll off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You wanna hear a funny story? I used to believe in Jesus, but I don’t now.  I once believed in Robert Monroe, but upon further years of reflection, and re-read, I believe, but I also disbelieve.  I’m just saying.  I do believe in woo, but it can’t be quantified, measured, put in a box, or stuck a label on.  But, I will say this this.  Thank God I played a killer show tonight.  Whew!  I only effed up once, and that was when I was fully light up.  Praise the gods.

• Like 5

Get your pieces of Jesus here, for just six silver you can get a lock of hair, a vial of holy hangnails (finger nails not the other ones), and a bag of foreskins (I’m sure the others belong to Moses, Noah, Job, and other fictional protagonists in the bible). First come first serve, next week we’re selling Book Of Mormon hero bitties.

wait not those type of pieces? Was Jesus a man of peace? Let me go and dig up some money lenders, be back in a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, newbloodmoon said:

Get your pieces of Jesus here, for just six silver you can get a lock of hair, a vial of holy hangnails (finger nails not the other ones), and a bag of foreskins (I’m sure the others belong to Moses, Noah, Job, and other fictional protagonists in the bible). First come first serve, next week we’re selling Book Of Mormon hero bitties.

wait not those type of pieces? Was Jesus a man of peace? Let me go and dig up some money lenders, be back in a bit.

Mid fourth century AD, that was pretty much everyone's schtick in Jerusalem. Christianity was legal and the tourists (pilgrims) were flocking to the place. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, lightly said:

..from Isaiah 9  

Everybody loves the Hallelieuia chorus, but the Isaiah 9 portion of Handel's Messiah is also excellent (and fun to sing). You look at that text, scratch your head and think, how could anybody set that to music? Behold.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
8 hours ago, eight bits said:

Everybody loves the Hallelieuia chorus, but the Isaiah 9 portion of Handel's Messiah is also excellent (and fun to sing). You look at that text, scratch your head and think, how could anybody set that to music? Behold.

Lovely:wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

You walk into s room and there is a body laying on the floor with his head bashed in. Near by there is a carpenters framing hammer with blood on the claws and head. There are bloody finger prints on the hammer that identify the culprit. The evidence is the hammer, the blood, and the fingerprints and what they prove is the hammer was used to kill the victim as the blood was the victims. The bloody fingerprint prove that the suspect used the hammmer to kill the victim.

Hi j,  so. .  Did they catch him!?

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

You forgot to mention the words JESUS WUZ HERE written in blood on the floor next to the body.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, lightly said:

Hi j,  so. .  Did they catch him!?

Hi Lightly

Not sure will have to see if Orficer Crazy Horse follows the evidence.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Lightly

Not sure will have to see if Orficer Crazy Horse follows the evidence.

C9EDA2FF-9488-48E0-B8BD-AC425B406DBC.jpeg

• Haha 4

@Abramelin

Given how some followers of Jesus have used violence to spead the word since the inception of Chritianity I am reminded of the apple from the tree scenerio. There has been no peace attributed to Jesus to date.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

@Abramelin

Given how some followers of Jesus have used violence to spead the word since the inception of Chritianity I am reminded of the apple from the tree scenerio. There has been no peace attributed to Jesus to date.

Yes I was going to mention things like the Crusades and various European Inquisitions as examples of such “peace” but at this point it would be redundant. 

• Like 1