Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus. A man of peace?

Abramelin

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

If you refer to god, why wouldn't you be referring to the Bible?  99.9% of people think that is what you mean.  This whole idea of pure consciousness is pure consciousness, not any sort of god.  Your terminology is misleading at best.

They also use the pronoun "he", which is really off-putting.

If the creator had a gender it would be female. :yes:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Piney said:

They also use the pronoun "he", which is really off-putting.

If the creator had a gender it would be female:yes:

Androgynous. :P

cormac

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Androgynous. :P

cormac

Nobody likes a smart-ass. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Piney said:

You can't put Buddhism and Christianity in the same boat.

The only thing they have in common is Matthew and Luke plagiarized Alexandrian Buddhist writings and put the words in Jesus's mouth a century or so after he was dead.

And yet there are hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of folk who have already made that connection Buddha and Christ, (not Christianity per se).

Going so far as claiming Tibetan scriptures documenting the life of Issa, the man from Palestine who studied Buddhist religion.

It makes sense to me..

50 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nobody likes a smart-ass. :rolleyes:

Then we're all doomed. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

Going so far as claiming Tibetan scriptures documenting the life of Issa, the man from Palestine who studied Buddhist religion.

It makes sense to me..

The Russian Theosophist who invented that fraud actually admitted to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

If you refer to god, why wouldn't you be referring to the Bible?  99.9% of people think that is what you mean.  This whole idea of pure consciousness is pure consciousness, not any sort of god.  Your terminology is misleading at best.

My terminology is my way of expressing my thoughts and ideas, beliefs and experiences..

I have been consistent with my thoughts, explaining them over and over again.

That GOD dwells within, and is therefore personal to each of us, and Universal, too.

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Then we're all doomed. :yes:

His commented was referring to Gnostic thought and he knows how I felt after having to slug through those word salads in the Nag Hammadi.......garbage...:o

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

I thought that was Izzy Yahooty from Schenectady. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I believe there was more than one source, and the tomb of Isa, in Kashmir, would suggest otherwise.

In any event, the similarities are there for all to see.

Love, kindness, compassion, and forgiveness, are all pretty much Universal themes, plus the inner awakening of the aspirant.

And the whole, "you shall know them by their fruits......", and, "as you sow, so you reap" could have been spoken by Buddha, Himself.

Have you read, "Living Buddha Living Christ" by Thich Nhat Hanh?

21 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I believe there was more than one source, and the tomb of Isa, in Kashmir, would suggest otherwise.

In any event, the similarities are there for all to see.

Love, kindness, compassion, and forgiveness, are all pretty much Universal themes, plus the inner awakening of the aspirant.

And the whole, "you shall know them by their fruits......", and, "as you sow, so you reap" could have been spoken by Buddha, Himself.

Have you read, "Living Buddha Living Christ" by Thich Nhat Hanh?

The Roza Bal is not Jesus's tomb. This was a claim by the lunatic Mirza Almad. It was a Buddhist Shrine rededicated to Yuz Asaf, a 10th Century Muslim Saint.

My sister was a student of Hanh and spent time in Vietnam and his learning center. But I'm a Tendai Sohei and have no use for his teachings. She also understands Jesus was fictional but even a fictional person can be used as a Bodhisattva. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Piney said:

The Roza Bal is not Jesus's tomb. This was a claim by the lunatic Mirza Almad. It was a Buddhist Shrine rededicated to Yuz Asaf, a 10th Century Muslim Saint.

My sister was a student of Hanh and spent time in Vietnam and his learning center. But I'm a Tendai Sohei and have no use for his teachings. She also understands Jesus was fictional but even a fictional person can be used as a Bodhisattva. 

Churches, tombs, and scare places get rededicated all the time..

And of course you have no use for Thich Nhat Hanh.