Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plane crash children reportedly survived 16 days in jungle

Eldorado

That is great news and an amazing accomplishment by those children.

• Like 9

I remember watching one of those survival shows I think Bear Grylss. Granted he has a team but they dropped him off in similar jungle and it kicked his a$$. Those kids are amazing. 

• Like 3

Despite the tragedy, these kids are going to have a tremendous story.

It reminds me of one of the best films I ever saw. Truly magical and profound, if you’ve never had the pleasure …

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Four children have been found alive - five weeks after the plane they were travelling in crashed into thick jungle.

They were rescued by the Colombian military, not far from where the Cessna 206 crashed. Three adults on board, including the pilot, lost their lives.

Read More

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's a miracle, if I ever saw one. I'd like to hear how they survived in the Amazon after surviving a plane crash.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That's a miracle, if I ever saw one. I'd like to hear how they survived in the Amazon after surviving a plane crash.

Agreed, by far one of the best modern day survival stories I have come across :tu:

• Like 3

What an amazing accomplishment. Happy they survived, but sad for what they've endured. I pray they will be taken care of properly after the celebration dies down. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Quote from Eldorado's link:

It is thought that the Huitoto people's knowledge of fruits and jungle survival skills will have given the young children a better chance of surviving the ordeal.

• Like 5

Now let's hope and pray the kids aren't carrying any transmissible diseases that the Huitoto have no natural immunity against. 

~

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SHaYap said:

Now let's hope and pray the kids aren't carrying any transmissible diseases that the Huitoto have no natural immunity against. 

~

The concern!

3 hours ago, SHaYap said:

~

These kids belong to the indigenous tribe of the Huitoto. I think they'll be ok.

• Like 2

The four Indigenous children who survived 40 days in the Amazon jungle after their plane crashed have shared limited but harrowing details of their ordeal with their family, including that their mother survived the crash for days before she died.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/oldest-of-4-siblings-who-survived-colombian-plane-crash-told-family-their-mother-lived-for-days/ar-AA1cp8uz?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

The four Indigenous children who survived 40 days in the Amazon jungle after their plane crashed have shared limited but harrowing details of their ordeal with their family, including that their mother survived the crash for days before she died.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/oldest-of-4-siblings-who-survived-colombian-plane-crash-told-family-their-mother-lived-for-days/ar-AA1cp8uz?

Gen. Pedro Sanchez, who was in charge of the rescue efforts, said that the children were found 5 kilometers (3 miles) away from the crash site in a small forest clearing.

For some this distance covered doesn't appear like much.

But I tell you: that is equal to a 100 km march on open ground.

And then realize it were very young kids hacking and stumbling their way through a jungle.

Respect.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3

It is so sad that the mother was alive for 4 days before she died.

The siblings, aged 13, 9, 4 and 1, are part of the Huitoto Indigenous group and the eldest possessed some skills needed to survive and care for the younger siblings alone in the jungle, family have said. 

Fidencio Valencia, an uncle, told the media outlet Noticias Caracol that the children were starting to talk after Friday’s rescue and one of them said they hid in tree trunks to protect themselves from snakes, animals, and mosquitoes creeping in the jungle.

Some familiarity with the rainforest’s fruits were also key to their survival, as the children also munched on seeds found in the jungle along with cassava flour that they took from the plane.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/details-emerge-4-colombian-children-survived-amazon-jungle-40-days-deadly-plane-crash

• Like 4

In a sudden impact, the deceleration can severely damage your organs, causing internal bleeding. However, the smaller you are, conceivably the less damage, or the children may have simply been in a part of the plane that helped cushion the blow.

Their story is worth millions, and if skillfully recreated, will be a must see for me, on the silver screen. The survival of the youngest, is a particular curiosity to me.

How they hid in tree trunks at night, reminds me a little of the story of the Sierra Sounds, which is a fascinating survival story, also. They used a large tree trunk to hide in, at night, from a very real danger.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Respect.

The oldest child deserves a medal.

Here's the kids.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Perhaps I'm getting a bit too dramatic, but I try to imagine a mother sending her 4 young kids away to save themselves and leave her alone to die.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Remarkable!

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 2:52 PM, Raptor Witness said:

Despite the tragedy, these kids are going to have a tremendous story.

It reminds me of one of the best films I ever saw. Truly magical and profound, if you’ve never had the pleasure …

Cant imagine what they all went through.

Really curious what the link was in your post,it’s not working.
What was the movie? 

2 hours ago, Funkadelic said:

Cant imagine what they all went through.

Really curious what the link was in your post,it’s not working.
What was the movie? 

The Emerald Forest is a 1985 Britishadventure drama film set in the Brazilianrainforest.

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 1:44 PM, Raptor Witness said:

Their story is worth millions, and if skillfully recreated, will be a must see for me, on the silver screen. The survival of the youngest, is a particular curiosity to me.

People that lead happy lives without danger and suffering seldom make for good stories.

• 2 weeks later...