Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black 'half-football-field-sized' triangular UFO is seen hovering over California military base

11 hours ago, Trelane said:

Funny how there were allegedly 50 Marines witnessing but only a couple fuzzy photos. "Hovered" over a US military base but no aircraft were scrambled to intercept. No corresponding reports from neighboring towns. No reports from any air control towers in the region.  Hmmm, wonder why that is.

You calling them liars? You haven't even read the links. Two helicopters were dispatched to the spot, but the ufo had already left. It left because personall from the base fired flares over it to try illuminate it. 

FFS Hanky, you do have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you? I never called anyone a liar. I find it curious how there is allegedly a platoon sized element of Marines and yet there's only a few fuzzy photos that look like they were taken in 2005.

Ok I'll clarify, fixed wing aircraft. Not rotary wing assets. Oh it "already left"? That's why a fixed wing response would have been coordinated between 29 Palms and Edwards if they indeed had an unknown object in the base's airspace. 

Anyway, still no corroborating reports from anywhere else. Wonder why that is. Hmmm.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

You calling them liars?

Yes, or more likely the reports are of a highly exaggerated mundane occurrence,

probably written by someone else to make it sound all weird & wonderful to fool people like you to eventually buy the books, videos & pay ridiculous amounts of money to hear them talk...

This is the norm

• Like 4

On 5/23/2023 at 5:24 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Did you miss this?

Taking into account the military activity on that date, The Black Vault suggests the sighting could be more likely linked to military training than an Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAP). The Black Vault even noticed similarities between the “UFO” lights and the five aircraft flares visible in a Department of Defense-released video captured on the exact same date.

WTI Assault Support Training 4 B-Roll

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Trelane said:

FFS Hanky, you do have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you? I never called anyone a liar. I find it curious how there is allegedly a platoon sized element of Marines and yet there's only a few fuzzy photos that look like they were taken in 2005.

Ok I'll clarify, fixed wing aircraft. Not rotary wing assets. Oh it "already left"? That's why a fixed wing response would have been coordinated between 29 Palms and Edwards if they indeed had an unknown object in the base's airspace. 

Anyway, still no corroborating reports from anywhere else. Wonder why that is. Hmmm.....

The Black Vault: The “Mojave Triangle UAP”: A Closer Look

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Yes, or more likely the reports are of a highly exaggerated mundane occurrence,

probably written by someone else to make it sound all weird & wonderful to fool people like you to eventually buy the books, videos & pay ridiculous amounts of money to hear them talk...

This is the norm

Where's your evidence?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

It was demonstrated repeatedly by people who can't think beyond what they're told to believe. 

Flares always spew smoke. That would have been noticed right away as the flare itself illuminates the smoke. Just like fireworks. 

When are UFO debunkers going to learn they have been duped again?! 

1 hour ago, Portre said:

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! :tsu:

The “Mojave Triangle UAP”: A Closer Look  

From your link:

Complete Statement from Pentagon

“I can confirm that there were military aviation assets in the Twentynine Palms, California, airspace and a Weapons and Tactics Instructor Course was being conducted at the time.  There is no record of communication with the base range control concerning a UAP sighting, nor of the allocation of any base resources to investigate a UAP sighting.  AARO does not have a record of this alleged event and cannot verify the authenticity of the report.”

— Susan Gough, Department of Defense spokesperson

Question is, how could the Pentagon have not been aware of that sighting? That reminded me of a similar response during the 1997 Phoenix Lights sightings and notice in the following message the similarities between the explanations.. 

OPERATION SNOWBIRD

After denying that they had heard of the incident, the Air Force released their official explanation of the sightings - military flares. They stated that military flares had been released from a USAF A-10 over the Gila Bend Bombing Range (located 60-80 miles southwest of Phoenix, on the other side of the bordering mountain range). They explained that the A-10 had released the flares at about 6,000 feet and that the flares had ignited at around 3,000 feet. They completely burnt out at around 500 feet. 

But military officials also said these were flares dropped by F-16 "Fighting Falcon" aircraft training at Luke Air Force Base.

Researchers Counter

UFO researchers scratched their heads over the Air Force's explanation. Although highly unlikely, it may have explained the reports of lights over Phoenix, but it still left many unanswered questions. They quickly pointed out that the time the Air Force gave for the flares jettison was 42 minutes after the reported Phoenix sightings. They also noted that the flares explanation did nothing to explain the sights all over the Nevada and Arizona surrounding areas. How could the flares have been seen traveling over such a wide range of areas by so many people who claimed flatly that the object had passed directly over them.

It goes to show just how easy the Pentagon can mislead UFO debunkers with false information. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

It goes to show just how easy the Pentagon can mislead UFO debunkers with false information. 

It goes to show just how easy it is to convince folk like your good self to buy books/ watch TV docs/ pay to see these so-called retired whistle-blowers talk with false information in order to sell you their merchandise..

Deep down, black & white, at the end of the day there are no grey areas== that's what it's all about. I was like you 25 years ago until I looked into it deeply when I first go on the world wide web.

Feelings-wise I was honestly gutted when I realized what a loada BS it all was! Seriously! Still, you won't take this in so I'll leave you to it.

To those believers who are still alive in 30 years & still know as much as is known now with regards to real facts, you'll see what I mean- have fun, I'm done:clap:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

Where's your evidence?

You?  Asking for evidence?  That's a hoot.  Please explain to me how a physical object can circumvent the laws of physics regarding sonic booms?  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Portre said:

Did you miss this?

Taking into account the military activity on that date, The Black Vault suggests the sighting could be more likely linked to military training than an Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAP). The Black Vault even noticed similarities between the “UFO” lights and the five aircraft flares visible in a Department of Defense-released video captured on the exact same date.

WTI Assault Support Training 4 B-Roll

Key word "suggested". Loved how you posted this as a "gotcha" moment. As I said before, flares smoke. All of them. Very easy to see smoke even at distances because the flares illuminate the smoke. Reading comprehension has achieved a new low on UM.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

Question is, how could the Pentagon have not been aware of that sighting? That reminded me of a similar response during the 1997 Phoenix Lights sightings and notice in the following message the similarities between the explanations.. 

Phoenix Lights? Nothing to do with the alleged sighting from 2021.

8 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Reading comprehension has achieved a new low on UM.

don't bother replying then

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

don't bother replying then

Funny he made that comment when he obviously doesn't comprehend the FOIA excerpts his partner keeps copying and pasting. None of which points to extraterrestrial visitation. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, joc said:

You?  Asking for evidence?  That's a hoot.  Please explain to me how a physical object can circumvent the laws of physics regarding sonic booms?  

You seem to think that mankind knows all there is to the laws of physics. Apparently, someone other than mankind has proven my point that mankind doesn't know everything. Case is point is that UFOs have tracked on radars around the world conducting right-angle maneuvers at hypersonic speeds within Earth's atmosphere and doing so without generating sonic booms. Your response minded me of a statement made by Admiral William Leahy that the atom bomb would not work.  the shoulder and revealed to him that he was on the wrong side of the fence.

Fleet Admiral William D. Leahy

Admiral Leahy  called the Manhattan Project “the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The atomic bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives.”

https://ss.sites.mtu.edu/mhugl/2016/10/16/fleet-admiral-william-d-leahy/

You need to understand that just because you can't find an answer to a problem doesn't include everyone as Admiral Leahy found out when Mr. Reality tapped him on shoulder and revealed that he was standing on the wrong side of the fence. 

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Dejarma said:

It goes to show just how easy it is to convince folk like your good self to buy books/ watch TV docs/ pay to see these so-called retired whistle-blowers talk with false information in order to sell you their merchandise..

Deep down, black & white, at the end of the day there are no grey areas== that's what it's all about. I was like you 25 years ago until I looked into it deeply when I first go on the world wide web.

I find that amusing considering that I have provided verified data and documents that have pointed out that UFO debunkers are not on the same level as reality. What evidence did UFO debunkers provide they claimed has proven that Project Mogul balloon flight #4 was responsible for the Roswell incident? 

21 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Feelings-wise I was honestly gutted when I realized what a loada BS it all was! Seriously! Still, you won't take this in so I'll leave you to it.those believers who are still alive in 30 years & still know as much as is known now with regards to real facts, you'll see what I mean- have fun, I'm done:clap:

Well, I even went as far as to challenge UFO debunkers to provide man-made evidence that refutes my claim. However, after all these weeks of posting my challenge for UFO debunkers to provide their evidence, why is their evidence still missing in action?!  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

Funny he made that comment when he obviously doesn't comprehend the FOIA excerpts his partner keeps copying and pasting. None of which points to extraterrestrial visitation. 

Actually, they do. At what altitude were the objects observed hovering and who was responsible for suggesting that a weather balloon rawin device be used to cover up the Roswell incident? Let's remember, General Arthur E. Exon, former commanding officer of Wright-Patterson AFB, where alien bodies and wreckage were sent, and who was the Air Force officer that overflew the Roswell area, had confirmed two Roswell crash sites. He also stated for the record that the Roswell incident involved extraterrestrials. Now, you know the rest of the story about the Roswell incident and understand there are those of us who were not born yesterday..

1137875450_MCLAUGH1(6).thumb.jpg.2635f1abea00c41f98b8930f94bf74f5.jpg

135448668_alamogordo_ufos_8_47(2).thumb.gif.bbb540dea2ed1b79fe6fef833f947e94.gif

323917730_wkzo(4).thumb.gif.ff4339596feb08452006dba3db187693.gif

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/26/2023 at 2:26 PM, skyeagle409 said:

I have seen flares in action and there is no way those lights were flares and those lights are not indicative of flares over the BGR tens of miles away. Additionally, there are mountains sit between the BGR and Phoenix and helps explain why many people of Phoenix have never seen flares over the BGR before despite the fact the BGR has been in operation for decades. That was another major clue the Air Force was lying.

It's interesting you bring up the mountains, because many years ago someone put together a composite image showing the footage of the Phoenix Lights superimposed over top of a daylight shot of the mountain range. 

It's two parts: 

1. a daylight view of Phoenix, with the city and mountain range visible, and, 

2. the famous "Phoenix Lights" video superimposed on top of it, to simulate what it would look like in daylight.

c26Py5E.giff

Take a look at the raw, original video. Start at 1:37. Take note of when the lights disappear from view, and compare that with the gif above showing when the lights go out of view. 

Now, important caveat here: what a lot of people don't grasp is that there were two separate events the night of the Phoenix Lights. There was an incident around 8pm ("a craft flew over the heads of citizens"), and then a second incident, around 10pm - this is the one we have a lot of video footage of (and what I linked above). A lot of times when people talk about the Phoenix Lights, they conflate these two events into one single event. For example, in the video that tries to debunk the flare theory, they hare conflating testimony from these two separate events.

I'm open to the idea that the first event was something we can't explain, and that there was a response to cover it up by dropping the flares... The second incident was clearly flares, though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

You seem to think that mankind knows all there is to the laws of physics.

We know what causes sonic booms.  That is not even questionable.

44 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Apparently, someone other than mankind has proven my point that mankind doesn't know everything.

That's a pretty ridiculous statement seeing as how you haven't even proven that there is 'someone other than mankind'.

• Like 6

So, @skyeagle409

I have already gone way out of my way to thoroughly explain why sonic booms happen.  Are you going to even try to explain a scenario in which a material object travels faster than the speed of sound without causing a sonic boom?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

documents like the one put forward in post 43 would not be declassified if the info contained in them was legit.

Certain individuals seem to think they are the real deal.. This is where the fantasy blocks out logic & the bleeding obvious. They look convincing enough I guess, that's all it takes IMO

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, powerplant said:

It's interesting you bring up the mountains, because many years ago someone put together a composite image showing the footage of the Phoenix Lights superimposed over top of a daylight shot of the mountain range. 

It's two parts: 

1. a daylight view of Phoenix, with the city and mountain range visible, and, 

2. the famous "Phoenix Lights" video superimposed on top of it, to simulate what it would look like in daylight.

c26Py5E.giff

Take a look at the raw, original video. Start at 1:37. Take note of when the lights disappear from view, and compare that with the gif above showing when the lights go out of view. 

Now, important caveat here: what a lot of people don't grasp is that there were two separate events the night of the Phoenix Lights. There was an incident around 8pm ("a craft flew over the heads of citizens"), and then a second incident, around 10pm - this is the one we have a lot of video footage of (and what I linked above). A lot of times when people talk about the Phoenix Lights, they conflate these two events into one single event. For example, in the video that tries to debunk the flare theory, they hare conflating testimony from these two separate events.

I'm open to the idea that the first event was something we can't explain, and that there was a response to cover it up by dropping the flares... The second incident was clearly flares, though. 

Not many people are aware that the object was first detected over Nevada, not Phoenix and was tracked toward Tucson after passing over Phoenix. The lights you see in the video are not flares and they disappear behind the mountain in the same manner as a UFO that approached my base in 1968 from over the sea from  the East in Vietnam as the object disappeared over a hill behind our backs.

We were facing East as we watched an evening outdoor movie at that time and saw a light approaching our base in Vietnam from the East and thought the light was an F-4 fighter in full afterburner from Cam Ranh Bay that was about to make a high-speed flyby over our base, but as the object passed over our base, it became very clear the object was not an aircraft of any kind and the military went so far as to cover up that sighting and other similar cases in Vietnam as an "enemy helicopter," which we knew wasn't true. I took flight training from Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ., and knew that those lights were not flares over the BGR 50 to 70 miles away from Phoenix and when the Air Force did a flare demo in an effort to prove the Phoenix Lights  were flares, many Phoenix residents were angry and felt the Air Force insulted their intelligence because they insisted the flares the Air Force dropped during the flare demo were not what they observed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

documents like the one put forward in post 43 would not be declassified if the info contained in them was legit.

Certain individuals seem to think they are the real deal.. This is where the fantasy blocks out logic & the bleeding obvious. They look convincing enough I guess, that's all it takes IMO

That comment is a ploy that I have seen over the years that ties directly in what you can find at ZEN....The Art of Debunkery, sections III and XVIII.  Just thought that  you would like to know. And as a reminder, there are those of us who were not born yesterday. :alien:

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, joc said:

So, @skyeagle409

I have already gone way out of my way to thoroughly explain why sonic booms happen.  Are you going to even try to explain a scenario in which a material object travels faster than the speed of sound without causing a sonic boom?

No you haven't and as proof, mankind has yet to solve the sonic boom riddle and is still working the problem as we speak.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1