Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black 'half-football-field-sized' triangular UFO is seen hovering over California military base

18 hours ago, Trelane said:

I don't see where anyone in these forums are stating that it was. So you're simply projecting again as you feel the heat of truth bearing down on you. The poor quality and lack of additional images is a tremendous red flag for this alleged incident. But that's a given for rational thinking people. Let's get back to the real meat of this story and see if you are able to provide any explanations to items I list below .

If this is in fact accurate that there were '50 marines reporting", then where are their statements? There was no corresponding investigation because there was nothing to investigate. I understand your time in service ended many years ago so I'll start by saying troop level dynamics are a bit different from when you served. 

I find it hard to believe that a platoon sized element of Marines;

1) Failed to provide any statements or comments on it (anonymous or otherwise). I wouldn't suspect anonymous though. Marines are very alpha, in-your-face types and don't hide away from making statements, opinions or arguments.

2) No Marines posted this to their social media. Nobody put anything on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. In 2023 that's damn near impossible for troops training under normal conditions. 

3) Out of the 50 on hand, only 2 or 3 had their 2004 Nokia phones out to take pictures. Shocking.

4) Of the Marines I've talked to at Camp Pendleton that were here 2 years ago, none corroborate anything about aliens. Only that there were night maneuvers and some guys joking around when flares were deployed.

Again, It's just Corbell and Knapp trying to cobble together something else for their garbage podcasts. 

I heard it all before when UFO debunkers claimed the Navy's UFO videos were fakes and the Phoenix Lights were flares. Needless to say, they were wrong on both counts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/29/2023 at 3:29 PM, powerplant said:

It's interesting you bring up the mountains, because many years ago someone put together a composite image showing the footage of the Phoenix Lights superimposed over top of a daylight shot of the mountain range. 

It's two parts: 

1. a daylight view of Phoenix, with the city and mountain range visible, and, 

2. the famous "Phoenix Lights" video superimposed on top of it, to simulate what it would look like in daylight.

c26Py5E.giff

Take a look at the raw, original video. Start at 1:37. Take note of when the lights disappear from view, and compare that with the gif above showing when the lights go out of view. 

Now, important caveat here: what a lot of people don't grasp is that there were two separate events the night of the Phoenix Lights. There was an incident around 8pm ("a craft flew over the heads of citizens"), and then a second incident, around 10pm - this is the one we have a lot of video footage of (and what I linked above). A lot of times when people talk about the Phoenix Lights, they conflate these two events into one single event. For example, in the video that tries to debunk the flare theory, they hare conflating testimony from these two separate events.

I'm open to the idea that the first event was something we can't explain, and that there was a response to cover it up by dropping the flares... The second incident was clearly flares, though. 

Not many people are aware that the object was first reported over Henderson, Nevada on March 13, 1997 as it headed southeast toward Arizona.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

In reference to the image of the UFO video you posted, let's take a look here.

Defense Department confirms leaked video of unidentified aerial phenomena is real

https://abc7.com/navy-ufo-videos-aliens-alien-caught-on-video-sightings/10520257/

Pentagon confirms authenticity of UFO videos, including one off Jacksonville coast

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/04/28/pentagon-confirms-authenticity-of-ufo-videos-including-one-off-of-jacksonville-coast/

Dude!  Not only do you not have your Mach Up...you are definitely NOT checking your six!

Let me provide a religious analogy for you to illustrate your obvious problem in logic:

Regardless of the stories of Jesus turning water into wine and walking on the surface of the ocean, the laws of physics dictates that neither occurred.

Skyeagle:  The Bible says that it happened and so do the vast majority of Preachers.  Therefore, it happened.  Miracle deniers need to prove that Jesus did NOT walk on the ocean.  The Bible says Jesus AND Peter walked on the Sea and the Pope confirms it is true. 

Deep man...deep.... 

And another thing...for decades the Pentagon LIED to the people telling them this or that about UFOs.  Now, we are supposed to believe the stories they tell that UFOs are real is true?  Dude!  Check that six again would you already?

• Like 4

18 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

I heard it all before when UFO debunkers claimed the Navy's UFO videos were fakes and the Phoenix Lights were flares. Needless to say, they were wrong on both counts.

Yes they were. As if the military would stalk their own sites and create and destroy moral among their own. 

Cheers

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Yes they were. As if the military would stalk their own sites and create and destroy moral among their own. 

Cheers

You've never been in the military have you?  Willing to bet Skyeagle hasn't either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, joc said:

You've never been in the military have you?  Willing to bet Skyeagle hasn't either.

…and you’re never been one of the brightest posters either. There, we’re even

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/2/2023 at 7:49 AM, joc said:

Dude!  Not only do you not have your Mach Up...you are definitely NOT checking your six!

Let me provide a religious analogy for you to illustrate your obvious problem in logic:

Regardless of the stories of Jesus turning water into wine and walking on the surface of the ocean, the laws of physics dictates that neither occurred.

Skyeagle:  The Bible says that it happened and so do the vast majority of Preachers.  Therefore, it happened.  Miracle deniers need to prove that Jesus did NOT walk on the ocean.  The Bible says Jesus AND Peter walked on the Sea and the Pope confirms it is true. 

Deep man...deep.... 

And another thing...for decades the Pentagon LIED to the people telling them this or that about UFOs.  Now, we are supposed to believe the stories they tell that UFOs are real is true?  Dude!  Check that six again would you already?

I feel ya. To me if the pentagon is saying it, it’s less likely to be true then just the average guy saying so. Maybe this is true, maybe it isn’t. I don’t know. 

Thing is, many people, and forgive me if I’m wrong about this, including yourself, believe pretty much everything the pentagon peddles on any given subject. Does this agency have credibility or does it not? If it’s possible that they are liars on this subject, wouldn’t it stand to reason that it’s possible they never tell the truth about anything?

13 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

…and you’re never been one of the brightest posters either. There, we’re even

Since you have never been in the military,  you do not know anything about the military.

We aren't even.  We couldn't possibly be even.  There are  two kinds of people on this planet...those who have served in the military and those who have not.   You couldn't possibly know anything about the military.   Yet you believe what the Pentagon says.  The military told us that there were no aliens.  Now the military is telling us that there definitely is.  The truth is that we don't know.  We have blips of light on radar screens.  Blips of light, moving in ways that defy the laws of physics.  

You are on the losing end of a logical argument.  At the end of the day there is this truth: There is no proof  that aliens exist.  There is no proof that aliens do not exist.  Believe what you will, however illogical it is.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I feel ya. To me if the pentagon is saying it, it’s less likely to be true then just the average guy saying so. Maybe this is true, maybe it isn’t. I don’t know. 

Thing is, many people, and forgive me if I’m wrong about this, including yourself, believe pretty much everything the pentagon peddles on any given subject. Does this agency have credibility or does it not? If it’s possible that they are liars on this subject, wouldn’t it stand to reason that it’s possible they never tell the truth about anything?

We cannot trust anything the government tells us.  That is the bottom line.  There are things they know that they don't want us to know.  Nothing new there.  It's like the lyrics in that Stevie Wonder song:  ...when you believe in things that you don't understand then you suffer....

Superstition ain't the way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

We cannot trust anything the government tells us.  That is the bottom line.

But we should trust everything you say as an anonymous person on the Internet.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

But we should trust everything you say as an anonymous person on the Internet.

That's up to you.  The government has a long history of lying to us.  If I had a long history of lying to you would you trust me?  I hope not.

But, I don't have a long history of lying to anyone.  I do have a long history of speaking my perspectives and opinions on matters.  And they are somewhat sound because they are based in logical thought process.  I'm not trying to get you to believe aliens don't exist.  I am only saying that there isn't any proof that they exist.  There is proof that Musk has in orbit around Mars his Tesla...but there is no proof that aliens are among us.  Whether or not you trust my logic is entirely squared on how logical your own thought processes are.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 1:17 AM, skyeagle409 said:

Ever wondered why UFOs have been tracked at hypersonic speeds and yet, not leave behind sonic booms? Could it be that extraterrestrials know more about the laws of physics than mankind? That answer to that  question is simply yes.

Don't you see a fundamental flaw in your argument?

For UFOs/aliens to visit Earth and do the things you claim, they need to have developed technologies way, way beyond our comprehension.  They have to get here, overcoming vast distances in spacetime, navigating innumerable hazards along the way. 

Such an advanced intelligence might indeed have designed spacecraft that can withstand the unimaginable g-forces accredited to supposed UFOs 'seen' on radar.  (But (and speaking here as a genuine physicist with degrees and letters and stuff) you will always get a sonic boom when something travels faster than sound in air, so you've got to try harder explaining that away.  That's not the sort of thing 'a better understanding of physics' will ever change.)

So - consider the case that alien tech has reached Earth and is flitting around looking for something to do...  Why are they only interested in buzzing a handful of obscure military bases?  What are they hoping to achieve? 

Don't give me crap about counting nukes or $h!t: we can do that perfectly well ourselves with our inferior human tech.

So what is their credible motive?  Why do they need to get about ten km from airbase, just out of camera range?  Why do they even need lights? navigation? illumination? communication?  Why would they mysteriously dash off the moment they think they've been spotted?

Face it: nothing about your position makes any sense.  So Occam's Razor suggests rather more mundane explanations, such as:

• Natural phenomena 
  • Foreign (spy?) tech
  • Lies
  • Mistakes
  • Exaggeration 
  • Optical illusions 
  • Hardware malfunction 

etc.

Always plumping for the aliens dunnit option is, quite frankly, silly.

Edited by Tom1200
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, joc said:

Since you have never been in the military,  you do not know anything about the military.

We aren't even.  We couldn't possibly be even.  There are  two kinds of people on this planet...those who have served in the military and those who have not.   You couldn't possibly know anything about the military.   Yet you believe what the Pentagon says.  The military told us that there were no aliens.  Now the military is telling us that there definitely is.  The truth is that we don't know.  We have blips of light on radar screens.  Blips of light, moving in ways that defy the laws of physics.  

You are on the losing end of a logical argument.  At the end of the day there is this truth: There is no proof  that aliens exist.  There is no proof that aliens do not exist.  Believe what you will, however illogical it is.  

How do you tie military service to UFO’s? Because the way you’re going about it, is suggesting because you peeled potatoes in the mess hall … somehow that gives you a exclusive license to own the UFO space

41 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

How do you tie military service to UFO’s? Because the way you’re going about it, is suggesting because you peeled potatoes in the mess hall … somehow that gives you a exclusive license to own the UFO space

I'm not tying military service to UFOs.  I'm tying military service to understanding the military.   You mentioned 

On 6/2/2023 at 6:57 PM, Unusual Tournament said:

As if the military would stalk their own sites and create and destroy moral among their own. 

I don't even know what that means.  But neither do you.  ...because you've never been in the military.  

I get it...they are Navy Pilots, whom I have the utmost respect for...and Skyeagle is a pilot.  But I was in the Navy, and I know that Navy Pilots wouldn't make something up like that.  And I know how the chain of command works.  And I know the Pentagon released the tapes.  But that doesn't mean anything with regard to whether or not these UAPs are extra-terrestrial space ships.  Maybe they are.  I doubt it seriously.  Now are the videos original? Or were they 'touched up' by the Pentagon?   I think they were 'redacted' as to not show what the Pilots were actually seeing...maybe not.

Forget the military...the  proof would be to find aliens and share what they have found.  

• Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 4:49 AM, joc said:

Apparently, it's the UFO debunkers who have not been checking their six.If they did, they would have found they were on the wrong side of the fence in reference to lights they wrongly thought were flares. UFO debunkers not checking their 'Six' is how the government has been duping them for decades.

17 hours ago, joc said:

The military told us that there were no aliens.  Now the military is telling us that there definitely is.  The truth is that we don't know. 

What you have posted does not fit the facts.

17 hours ago, joc said:

UFO debunkers lost the logical argument decades ago because that is not what military and intelligence officials have been saying over the years and you would have known that if you knew the rest of the story, but it seems you keep missing the boat in regard to what has been posted. The conclusion of the Motion Study shows why you have been unable to present evidence that UAPs are those of mankind and remember, Edward J. Ruppelt, former Chief of the Air Force Project Blue Book investigation, reported the Motion Study concluded that UFOs were interplanetary spaceships, 

3 hours ago, joc said:

Forget the military...the  proof would be to find aliens and share what they have found.  

A U.S. Senator tried, but failed to gain access to what was stored at Wright-Patterson AFB.. Check it out.

Senator Barry Goldwater Confirms Blue Room.

https://www.ufocasebook.com/blueroom.html

5 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

the Motion Study concluded that UFOs were interplanetary spaceships, 

Without any proof

• Like 3

5 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

tried, but failed

nothing burger

On 6/2/2023 at 12:27 AM, skyeagle409 said:

I am not a UFO debunker.  I am a truth seeker.  The truth is found in the laws of physics...not anomalies on radar.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

Edward J. Ruppelt, former Chief of the Air Force Project Blue Book investigation, reported the Motion Study concluded that UFOs were interplanetary spaceships, 

Would that be the same Project Blue Book that you have previously dismissed as lies and cover-up?  Why would you believe anything that bloke says?

Have you had a chance to think about post #87?  I'm genuinely baffled how anyone could claim a few lights in the sky are evidence of interplanetary spaceships.  Why would alien spacecraft be covered in silly lights?  What possible purpose would they serve?

Why would alien spacecraft hover near military sites?  What might they be doing that couldn't be achieved from orbit?

If alien spacecraft actually want to avoid detection why don't they use advanced 'alien spacecraft hiding technology' to stay hidden?  If they can break the laws of physics to avoid interaction with the air they're travelling through, then I'm certain they could come up with some cloaking or clever camouflage gizmo.  Or they could stay in orbit further from prying eyes, and there wouldn't be air resistance so they would save on petrol.

Where do these alien spacecraft go when they're not busy buzzing the military?

Why have they stopped abducting credulous Americans and probing their butts?

I have loads more questions, but let's make a positive start by answering these few first?  Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2023 at 2:32 AM, joc said:

There is proof that Musk has in orbit around Mars his Tesla..

There's no proof of that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

There's no proof of that. 

There isn't?  

• Haha 1

Just now, Golden Duck said:

Nope.

It's in a heliocentric orbit.

Oh...so it is.  Details, details...

But thanks for clearing that up.  :tu: