Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mississippi boy, 11, shot by officer after calling police

Eldorado

Sounds about right for police in the US

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

One of the saddest things is that we know without clicking on the link that the kid is going to be black.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

In before the guntards who will defend the cops, then trot out all the usual lame excuses why firearm regulations won't work, then do nothing.

I wonder how these people would react if a coward cop shot one of their unarmed children? Especially when the cop gets away with it Scott free, with a paid vacation to boot.

• Like 4

When someone calls the police, they are summoning lethal force to  their location.  Police are being called into violence and are prepared to do violence.  What's more, they are plunged into the situation with little situational awareness of what is going on, who is the victim and who is  the aggressor.  It is not unheard of that the victim or the 911 caller is the focus of the police response.  Something to consider and prepare for if a person is going to make that call.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I feel like a made an almost identical post to this one in the thread about the tasered 95-year old woman (Other World News). I can't think of a situation in which this is justified. However, just because I can't think of one, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Without looking at the bodycam footage (I'm assuming there is bodycam footage) there's no way to make any kind of informed opinion on this, so I will simply stick with expressing sadness that the situation happened at all. 

• Like 6

It sounds like poorly trained, twitchy cops overreacting.  Thankfully the child survived and now he should be compensated financially for the actions of the idiots in uniform.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

One of the saddest things is that we know without clicking on the link that the kid is going to be black.

Well, to be fair, the very fact that it happened in MS gives the person guessing, a 6 in 10 chance of being correct if they assume the victim was black.  My guess is that the cop was poorly trained and fired at movement rather than thinking he identified the kid as an unarmed kid and shot him due to racism.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, and-then said:

It sounds like poorly trained, twitchy cops overreacting.  Thankfully the child survived and now he should be compensated financially for the actions of the idiots in uniform.  

A cop in the next town over (Mantua) was just indicted for blowing away a white guy who called him.

@pellinore 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Now if there was only a good guy with a gun.

• Thanks 3

The booy was indeed black.

This is obviously a racist police action fueled by White Supremacy and White Privlidge by Sergeant Greg Capers. A black policeman !

The woman was Ms Murray. Neither father was available for comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

In before the guntards who will defend the cops, then trot out all the usual lame excuses why firearm regulations won't work, then do nothing.

I wonder how these people would react if a coward cop shot one of their unarmed children? Especially when the cop gets away with it Scott free, with a paid vacation to boot.

We need professional police, not untrained thugs.  That guy needs to be taken out behind the woodshed by his "fellow officers" and get some sense beat into him.  What he did discredits every cop.  And their failure to act discredits them further.

Guns don't kill people; cops kill people.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, pellinore said:

Of course....it's on the BBC.

5 hours ago, Piney said:

A cop in the next town over (Mantua) was just indicted for blowing away a white guy who called him.

@pellinore 

Bet that didn't make the BBC.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Piney said:

@pellinore 

I was surprised to learn that native Americans top the league for cop killings, with black people trailing them by a small margin .Fatal police shootings of unarmed Black people in US more than 3 times as high as in Whites | BMJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I was surprised to learn that native Americans top the league for cop killings, with black people trailing them by a small margin .Fatal police shootings of unarmed Black people in US more than 3 times as high as in Whites | BMJ

You would never find that out watching main stream media. :-

Edited by itsnotoutthere

24 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Why would it? Was the white guy 11 years old?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pellinore said:

Why would it? Was the white guy 11 years old?

Yes, why would it. (clue...doesn't fit the narrative)

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I went to prison for something that was legal, after the charges were dismissed twice because my actions were legal because according to a State Police officer whose father was involved with the KKK thought "a dirty Gouldtown N*****" had no right to pull a gun on white people after they entered my gated property and were threatening my dying stepfather. 

• Sad 3

27 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

It went as far as 6 ABC Philly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes, why would it.

I'm glad you agree with me. Things are only newsworthy, if they are newsworthy. If the white dude was 11 years old, it would be news. Otherwise it isn't. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I'm glad you agree with me. Things are only newsworthy, if they are newsworthy. If the white dude was 11 years old, it would be news. Otherwise it isn't. 

If the black guy was 30 it probably would.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pellinore said:

On the BBC! I doubt it.

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

The booy was indeed black.

This is obviously a racist police action fueled by White Supremacy and White Privlidge by Sergeant Greg Capers. A black policeman !

The woman was Ms Murray. Neither father was available for comment.

I wonder if it has been considered to have another armed force? Government employees whose job it was to protect the public from school shooters, mall shooters and the police? I'll bet the idea has been touted somewhere.

• Like 1