Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China faces a new Covid wave that could peak at 65 million cases a week

Scholar4Truth

China is bracing for a new wave of Covid infections that could see as many as 65 million cases per week by the time the surge peaks at the end of June. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-covid-second-wave-xbb-variant-omicron-rcna86171

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Here we go again. More eldery deaths to look foreward to. Our medical system has been (in B.C anyway) devastated  by covid burnout to hospital staff, and doctors. Our E.R has been closing a few days a week, and three doctors have left leaving hundreds without a doctor. 

If I get it, and have to be admitted, I'm probably dead as I'm immune to the drugs for intubation. Probably the coma drug too according to my doctor, who incidentally quit two weeks ago due to extreme exhaustion. I'm not afraid to die, but going out like a fish out of water sounds rather dreadful. 

Edited by Hankenhunter

I think the situation in China is a reflection of what happens when you attempt to stop transmission totally and you are mostly successful.  They basically locked down the movement of tens of millions of people and yes, it slowed the spread, but it did nothing to stop the people from becoming ill as soon as they were exposed.  There were a tremendous number of deaths, very close together in time once the lockdowns ended.  I have no idea if those numbers would have differed had the populations been exposed sooner.  It DOES prove that their vaccines weren't more effective than those used by the rest of the world.

Thankfully, these numbers mean that XBB has evolved to being little more than a harsh cold.