Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where Would You Rather Be?

ouija ouija

If you had the chance to be part of a real life version of a film, tv programme or book, which would you choose and why? Is it because of the location or the storylines or maybe the characters? Please share your phantasy with us. :D

For me it would be the book 'Coastliners' by Joanne Harris. I have read this at least once a year since I bought it (in 2002?). 9780385601726-uk.jpg I would like to be part of it because of the location, a tiny island off the coast of France with a very small population and where you are constantly aware of the sea. Most of the time, I feel as if there is a heat haze covering the island which cuts it off from the rest of the world. All there is is the island and maybe a hundred people whose lives are closely bound together. Life is very slow and continues in the same way year in, year out . . . lovely!

• Like 3

I wish I was a kind of Indiana Jones, searching for hidden relics of ancient civilizations in South America.

< sigh >

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is a difficult topic for me to just fire off the hip about what world I would live in. Epic fantasy stories whether set on earth or elsewhere ‘mostly’ have the good guys win in the end though grim dark settings have become quite popular over the years. Even with the good guy winning scenario there still a lot of bad stuff happening to overall good people just trying to live out their lives.

Le Morte De Arthur, wheel of time series, LOTR, and hell even Watership Down are some examples with varying degrees of good guys come out on top but at what cost. Same with sci fi to a degree. I suppose out of the many stories I have read or watched on tv or in theatre I would have to choose…

Spoiler

The setting in Outlaw Star, cause I love a good space western.

If I cant pick an anime setting then I would choose the Elric of Melnibone world.

Well that’s my 2 1/2 cents worth despite the many genres I’ve read, go ahead and keep the change.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 2

@newbloodmoon Phew! There's a lot going on there :w00t:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

@newbloodmoon Phew! There's a lot going on there :w00t:

That’s what you said… um that sounded cooler in my head. 

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

I would like to be part of The Outsiders. Mostly because of the storyline, and I'd want to be the character Ponyboy. Like me he's a writer and a deep thinker.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...