Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

LGBTQ flag burned at California elementary school before Pride event

OverSword

44 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The anti LGBTQ hate is palpable.

The fact that this particular situation is ridiculous doesn't mean the Feds wouldn't charge and punish a real person for a "hate crime" and ruin their lives over it.  That's how thuggish DC has become.  

• Like 8

I wonder if this is also considered "hateful"?  Remember, this is an elementary school.

"The station also reported a flyer was posted on a social media account named @Saticoyelementaryparents. The account encouraged parents to keep their kids home and to “Protest against Pride Day assembly, an inappropriate topic for our kids!”

If so, then that sounds like the government trying to dictate private beliefs under the guise of "not being hateful".  The reality is that the more the LGBTQ community pushes those not part of their group to conform or else, the more incidents like this will occur.  

• Like 4

…… but did they save the plant?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

…… but did they save the plant?

It was declared DOA. :no:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 3

Depends. Was it "art"? A performance piece perhaps? Then burning it is protected. As evidenced by the people who burn US flags, and piles of Bibles.

Doesn't the FedGov have bigger criminals to catch?

Also... What if the person who burned it was a Honduran refugee? Or a fundamentalist Muslim? Does protections of one group supercede another? ...curious...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

a bit further down

The anti LGBTQ hate is palpable.  :rolleyes:

Link

It might of been a hate crime against hybrid potted plants. There are groups who are pro landrace purity. :unsure2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just came across this:

https://nypost.com/2023/06/02/brawls-break-out-as-parents-protest-saticoy-elementary-school-pride-event/

This is what I was talking about.  Media and the Left keep pushing this agenda on ever younger kids and people are becoming angry and far less tolerant.  Gay Pride has been around as a movement for over 2 decades but we've not seen this kind of blowback before.  Maybe it's because it was never targeted at children before, eh?  

• Like 4

What's next get rid of Black History Month because the white kids might feel bad? Let's just make a white only, straight only school, so they never have to experience anyone different oh wait what about the disabled kids? Making abled kids feel guilty, gotta get them out too.

Kids have gay parents, gay relatives and friends. Kids learning about gay pride doesn't make them gay, it's not pushing anything on them. Some of you sound so angry and yet where is that anger when kids get gunned down or molested in churches? Crickets. Spare me. Take your hate and go educate yourselves. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

the fact that something so pathetic & insignificant like this is made news causes more problems

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

Kids have gay parents, gay relatives and friends. Kids learning about gay pride doesn't make them gay,

my wife, sister & all their friends constantly go on & on in front of me about how great their crochet class is.

i 'm a 6' 2 male builder/ boxer & because of this i got into it as well=== eer not really ;)

all the talk about crochet would not in anyway shape or form render me even the slightest bit interested :no:

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

my wife, sister & all their friends constantly go on & on in front of me about how great their crochet class is.

i 'm a 6' 2 male builder/ boxer & because of this i got into it as well=== eer not really ;)

all the talk about crochet would not in anyway shape or form render me even the slightest bit interested :no:

Yes, you hatred of all forms of woven small goods is well known in these parts, you’re a anti-knittite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, you hatred of all forms of woven small goods is well known in these parts, you’re a anti-knittite.

oh no i luv knitting- i can't stand crochet.. boring :yes:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

I knit, crochet and macrame. I'm omni-craftual.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Ohh airs of “I can’t be racist, I have black friends”. 

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Hawken said:

flag4.jpg

bull****. 

A bunch of KKK hooded dudes burning a cross and drinking beers, vs burning that cross on a black family's lawn...not that difficult of a concept. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

bull****. 

A bunch of KKK hooded dudes burning a cross and drinking beers, vs burning that cross on a black family's lawn...not that difficult of a concept. 

Link me an article where someone was prosecuted for burning the American flag.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Link me an article where someone was prosecuted for burning the American flag.

Show me where the KKK was busted for burning a cross on their property. Burning the same cross on a black family's lawn to intimidate is a hate crime. You think the US flag means the same as a Pride flag? And the burning of a US flag vs a Pride flag at a pride event? It was burned as intimidation and hate. 

3 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

I knit, crochet and macrame. I'm omni-craftual.

That’s awesome!!!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

Show me where the KKK was busted for burning a cross on their property. Burning the same cross on a black family's lawn to intimidate is a hate crime. You think the US flag means the same as a Pride flag? And the burning of a US flag vs a Pride flag at a pride event? It was burned as intimidation and hate. 

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdva/pr/marion-man-sentenced-burning-cross-front-yard-african-american-family-june-2020

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Exactly. You can express your hate on your own property with a flag you own. That is free speech. Burn someone else's flag on their property to intimidate, that's a hate crime. 

Thread closed for moderator review.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked