Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did X Files end well?

Walken

Did the series 'The X Files' end well?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Did the series 'The X Files' end well?

• Yes- The final episode ruled
    • Yes- But not evrey character got enougth closure.
    • Yes- But they should make a movie.
    • Yes- But there were too many loose ends.
    • No- The final episode was really lame.
    • No- Too little closure.
    • No- But they should make a movie.
    • No- There were WAY too many loose ends.

Watched the final episode last night, and I realised that only a few of the characters got closure, and some of the major ones missed out on it. Skinner, for instance.

Twas wondering what you guys thought.

I cant remember that much about it, so it wasnt really good...They should make a movie, a GOOD one. original.gif

The origonal movie wasn't not good.

• 2 months later...

I love the X-FILES but after season 6 the show went down hill.

That's because they got rid of Mulder.

I think the last epi was okay, but not as great as some other series finales I've seen on other shows.

And yeah, they really *should* make another movie.

~Scarlet~

One of the options should have been 'no, it should of ended ALONG time ago'.

X Files sucked after season 3.

the x files is my fave tv show ever.i thought the last eps sucked,it was just kaos all over.they are getting ready to make an x files movie that is supposed to be out in 2007.i really wish they had'nt killed off the lone gunmen in the next to last episode,they made the year without mulder worth watching!

I think the last episode tried to leave too much open so they could either A) revive the series, or cool.gif make another movie.

I think they should've made a movie that would have given closure to everything.

I used to watch the series on and off if nothing was good on tv. But I really can't remember what happend so that's why I didn't vote on the poll.

Ok I hated the final episode when it first aired for many reasons. I am a die hard fan and I still hadn't dealt with the deaths of lone gunmen characters (really p***ed me off). I thought it left way too many loose ends and it does, however it does hold true to the X Files mythology more than first thought. In some ways I think that Chris Carter was trying to bookend the show using some of the things that we all loved the X Files for in the first place and in some ways he succeeded.

In the final episode(s) we see Mulder being visited by the dead. Something he has for a great deal of the time not really believed. Scully sees her father dead in the first season as a ghost sitting in her chair, but can't truly believe it. Throughout the nine seasons faith was huge, whether it was Mulders undying faith in the existence of extraterrestrials or the faith that he would never stop trying to find his sister, along with Scullys religious faith. Mulder never really believed in any or all of what Scully believed and throughout many an episode he made clear to Scully his negative views of her faith.

Then the switcheroo, we saw Scully become a believer and Mulder lose his faith, and then regain it. The faith theme is just like thread through the whole show. Now the final episode, Mulder sees his dead friends and in the final scene of him and Scully in the hotel room (another bookend to the first episode where Mulder told Scully of his sisters disappearance with rain cascading down the windows etc) and they talk that the dead are trying to tell them something , that there is reason to have faith.

So in the end I do think that Chris Carter TRIED to really end the show on a familiar note, but we don't know if they will try to find William, and what will really happen as the dreaded Mayan calendar date draws near. I think another movie would only make sense if only to finally see them as all together and find out if William is the key to the whole thing or not.

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 1

Actually they are making another movie happy.gif

• 7 years later...

I stopped watching after David left..it just wasn't X-Files without Mulder. I watched the finale when it aired, but I barely remember any of it now. I remember it didn't really hold my interest though. If they make another movie, I hope it's good and involves aliens. I liked the first movie, but the last movie was a joke.

• 1 month later...

Didn't see the ending episode, had given up on it way before then. I think any lack of ending could have been because even the creators were uncertain HOW it should end, but I think Carter simply lost focus and/or interest, didn't care anymore - choosing to let it go to pot.

Or perhaps, "they" got to him. :alien:

That's because they got rid of Mulder.

I think the last epi was okay, but not as great as some other series finales I've seen on other shows.

And yeah, they really *should* make another movie.

~Scarlet~

I thought he quit the show?

I love the X-Files! It just really went down hill after Season 6.

I've been re-watching them on my Kindle. I like the episodes with the Lone Gunmen. They ROCK! :tsu:

• Like 1

One of the options should have been 'no, it should of ended ALONG time ago'.

X Files sucked after season 3.

really?

the season four episode 'home', was the x-files' best EVER episode!

a good slice of tv horror, that not many shows since have been brave enough to attempt, and considering the subject matter, none have come close to equalling it, and certainly never in a mainstream tv show.

'x-files sucked after season 3'

I beg to differ.....

• Like 1

I've been re-watching them on my Kindle. I like the episodes with the Lone Gunmen. They ROCK! :tsu:

maybe try and get the lone gunmen spin-off on your kindle too kowalski....?

• Like 1

I didn't like the last two seasons much, especially the last season.

A lot of people didn't like season 7, I enjoyed it a lot, even though the main storyline pretty much ended by season 6 I still liked many episodes in that season.

It's a shame such a good show ended so poorly.

• Like 2

I liked season 6, but after Mulder left, it really went downhill after that. The whole thing with Mulder's sister was REALLY confusing, and didn't make any sense... :unsure2:

maybe try and get the lone gunmen spin-off on your kindle too kowalski....?

I've been looking for it.

• Like 1

I hope you find it kowalski!

I only managed to see 3-4 episodes myself, but they were pretty good. the dynamic between the three gunmen was as fun as ever, and the humour in the show was well balanced, as it was on the x-files!

happy hunting!!

:-)

• Like 1

I liked season 6, but after Mulder left, it really went downhill after that. The whole thing with Mulder's sister was REALLY confusing, and didn't make any sense... :unsure2:

Yeah I hated how that wrapped up. Can't remember the episode too well, been a few years since I've seen that episode. Didn't Mulder find his sisters diary inside the wall of a house? A house the police would have previously searched. Or something silly like that.

• Like 1

"Closure" was a story milestone for the series, giving the final revelation of what really happened to Fox Mulder's sister, Samantha. The episode was written as a sequel to the previous episode, "Sein und Zeit," but branched off into different territory. Although a majority of the episode was filmed on a soundstage, several scenes were shot on location, such as the scenes at Norton Air Force Base in San Bernardino, California.

Agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) aid the Sacramento Police in the investigation of a brutal murder committed by Scruloff, the owner of the Santa Village. As the remains of more children are discovered, he admits killing twenty-four children, but denies murdering Amber. Mulder is approached by psychic Harold Piller, who tells Mulder that he has helped law enforcement across the world, and has proved in various cases that children had been taken by "walk-ins". Piller believes that walk-ins save children who suffer terrible fates. (A walk-in is a new age concept of a person whose original soul has departed his or her body and has been replaced with a new soul, either temporarily or permanently.)

Scully becomes worried about Piller's influence over Mulder. The agents return to Washington, D.C., where Mulder keeps searching for evidence in the case. Meanwhile, Piller gets another vision of Samantha Mulder, leading Mulder to April Air Force Base. Scully finds evidence that Samantha's disappearance is linked to the The Smoking Man (William B. Davis); when she returns to her apartment, she finds him waiting for her. He tells her that he had called off the search for Mulder's sister when she vanished because he knew she was dead.

When Mulder returns to April Air Force Base, he uncovers proof that Samantha lived with the Smoking Man along with his son, Jeffrey Spender, and that she was forced to undergo painful tests. Scully finds a 1979 police report of a girl matching Samantha's description, and learns that she was taken to a hospital emergency room. She and Mulder find the nurse who treated her, and the nurse describes how Samantha disappeared the same way as Amber—without a trace. Mulder later walks through the forest and receives a vision of Samantha along with the spirits of other children. Upon telling Scully and Pillar (who reacts badly upon hearing that his son is dead) of his vision, Mulder accepts that his sister is dead and in a better place. When Scully comforts Mulder and asks if he is all right, he responds with a choked "I'm fine. I'm free."

:huh: I was like, what happened to the whole alien abduction thing??

• Like 1

X-Files- Favorite Mulderisms and Scullyisms

:D