Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Monster' 9ft 4¼in catfish caught during 43-minute struggle could break a world record

Still Waters

An Italian fisherman has managed to reel in what could be the largest catfish ever caught, with the gargantuan beast measuring a huge 9 foot 4 1/4 inches, or just over 2.8 metres long.

That's longer than any adult person in history.

For perspective, the world's tallest ever man measured a huge 8 feet 11.1 inches.

Now that fish really is one big, big boi.

The herculean catfish was caught by Italian angler Alessandro Biancardi in the river Po in northern Italy.

He battled with the river bottom-dwelling beast for an exhausting 43 minutes before eventually reeling the big boy in.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/huge-catfish-caught-after-a-43minute-struggle-351458-20230605

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12160719/World-record-9ft-4-fish-caught-Italian-river-43-minute-struggle.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

That's one unit of a fish, imagine that brushing along your legs in water you thought was safe to swim in.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Commander CMG said:

That's one unit of a fish, imagine that brushing along your legs in water you thought was safe to swim in.

I certainly wouldn't allow any children to swim in that lake. Catfish are notorious for not being picky eaters. There are stories of huge catfish attacking people. I seem to remember a photo of a person half way down the gullet of a huge catfish.  I found some pics on Google but I doubt they'd be allowed on UM.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmm some deep fried battered catfish and hush puppies with a nice bourbon and ale chaser. When’s dinner?

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Thanks 1

I bet the water level dropped when he pulled it out of the water. ;)

I think I went home with that catfish one time in Pittsburgh. 10-cent drafts!