Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Finding the 1947 UFO Crash on the Plains of San Augustine, New Mexico

meteoritelima

Can you give us an idea of what we are looking at?  I didn't see any links.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, meteoritelima said:

Link to Finding the 1947 UFO Crash in the Plains of San Augustine>      https://www.ufocrashbook.com 

Can you provide any context? I'm not interested in a site dedicated to a speculative notion.

Sure are a lot of alien crashes in New Mexico lol.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

If Aliens have all this advanced technology, why do so many of their spacecrafts crash land?
They can travel all the way to Earth, but just can’t quite get the landing part down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Art Campbell a retired teacher, school administrator and author became interested in UFO's in the 1950's and was motivated by Stanton Friedman's book "Crash at Corona" and in 1994 began searching for the crash site on the Plains of San Augustine for 10 years until he narrowed the search to an area on the Plains near Horse Springs at the opposite end of the Plains where the VLA Radio Telescope that was in the movie "Contact" is located. Art used an airplane to see the suspected crash site from the air and could see where something had dug a shallow path like something being dragged across the desert floor for several yards. Art uncovered several items during the first few digs that led him to believe this was the crash site he had been looking for.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       At the Aztec symposium in 2004 art met Chuck Wade who was born in Corona, New Mexico in 1939 and whose father Jesse Wade owned the bar in town where Mac Brazel stopped to tell Jesse about the debris he had found on the Foster ranch But Jesse couldn't go with Mac because he couldn't leave the bar so Jesse stayed behind but his son Chuck remembered and became very interested the UFO's.  Art and Chuck became friends and did several 'digs' together.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       8f98e6f0-15cc-46b3-867e-3ae9214a14ed_zpsdmntgevw.jpg.f6492147122a4381531cee847e8af5f7.jpg
Edited by meteoritelima

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Can you give us an idea of what we are looking at?  I didn't see any links.

Honey combs

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Megaro said:

If Aliens have all this advanced technology, why do so many of their spacecrafts crash land?

They are always 'wasted' on Romulan Ale. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, joc said:

Honey combs

I recognize that in two of the pictures. But what does it have to do with the title of the thread @meteoritelima?????   

On 6/26/2023 at 6:13 PM, meteoritelima said:

Link to Finding the 1947 UFO Crash in the Plains of San Augustine>      https://www.ufocrashbook.com 

12 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I recognize that in two of the pictures. But what does it have to do with the title of the thread @meteoritelima?????   

https://www.ufocrashbook.com/pdfs/Analysis Report on Metal Samples.pdf

We are apparently suppose to care enough to read all of the stuff in the book...go for it!

I'm just not...that interested.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, acute said:

They are always 'wasted' on Romulan Ale. :yes:

Best post of the day, so far.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joc said:

https://www.ufocrashbook.com/pdfs/Analysis Report on Metal Samples.pdf

We are apparently suppose to care enough to read all of the stuff in the book...go for it!

I'm just not...that interested.

I didn't see a link, just the pictures.  And I notice that @meteoritelima doesn't care to answer questions.   How dissapointing, someone started a "discussion" thread but doesn't want to discuss anything.   He can KMA

• Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 5:42 PM, Trelane said:

Can you provide any context? I'm not interested in a site dedicated to a speculative notion.

Sure are a lot of alien crashes in New Mexico lol.

Yep, 1 in 1945, 2 in 1947, several in 1948.....   And for a while Bob Lazar claimed to live near Albuquerque, but he didn't really, he was in jail in Nevada at that time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, meteoritelima said:

Desertrat:  If you had looked you would have noticed I did post a link, but here it is again>   https://www.ufocrashbook.com 

But where is the discussion?   Posting a link didn't answer my question.  What do those photos have to do with the title of the thread?  You should have been polite enough to include that in your first post, if you want to discuss something you include your opinion.   If you are just posting to share information put that in the OP!   Your lack of concern for anyone else makes me believe you must be young.   I have been wrong about that before though, but I am not giving you the benefit of the doubt.   You are not sharing yourself, just links and pictures so who cares whether you post or not?   not me.

Edited by Desertrat56

I posted a description who was involved with finding the crash site, where it was located and a link to the site that had to most information about what was found at the site but I will try to answer any questions that you have.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, meteoritelima said:

I posted a description who was involved with finding the crash site, where it was located and a link to the site that had to most information about what was found at the site but I will try to answer any questions that you have.

You didn't post that in the OP!  So you still haven't answered my question.   Now you have posted other stuff and it might answer my question, but when I posted that question, you didn't answer it directly.  If you want to communicate on line you cannot be subtle, too many misunderstandings come from subtlety and assumptions.   You can't even expect people to click on a link if you haven't put some words with it, either your opinion of what is on that link or a snippit of what is on the link or even why you are posting the link.   

Edited by Desertrat56

Are you the author, meteor?

1 hour ago, Zebra3 said:

Are you the author, meteor?

If you mean author of "Finding the UFO crash at San Augustine" the answer is no. I became involved after a series of events happened that starts with a UFO Exposition in 1997 in San Jose, Calif. At the time I had a small meteorite collection and when a co worker from work asked if I wanted to go I agreed and brought one of my small nickel/iron meteorites  from the meteor crater in Arizona to the exposition. At the exposition there was a vendor who had strange looking metal and melted slag like material and claimed it was CSD Crash Site Debris, the metal was from Arizona and the other was material from a plasma UFO that crashed near St  Joesph Missouri in 1947. I traded the meteorite I had brought with me for a piece of each material he also gave me some papers with the information about the pieces. I forgot about the pieces for a few years and after I lost my job I decided to retire. After a while I decided to have the CSD analyzed and sent them to Lynda Molton Howe and when they came back with the lab analysis it only showed what they were made of not the real test which is isotopic ratio's to see if the material is terrestrial or extraterrestrial buy it's isotope ratio, an example is an iron meteorite has a different iron isotope ratio than the iron found on earth. I sent the lab results to the UFO Museum in Roswell, then after about a month I received a e-mail from the museum that someone else had similar material and connected me to Chuck Wade. attached is some other material I have that I traded a iron meteorite for. 

Wizard123_zpsf1be04d7.jpg

shoemakermetalnl-2.jpg

DavidShoemaker.jpeg

Shoemaker.jpg

Edited by meteoritelima
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 1:36 AM, Megaro said:

They can travel all the way to Earth, but just can’t quite get the landing part down.

they're here for flying lessons probably

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, meteoritelima said:

If you mean author of "Finding the UFO crash at San Augustine" the answer is no. I became involved after a series of events happened that starts with a UFO Exposition in 1997 in San Jose, Calif. At the time I had a small meteorite collection and when a co worker from work asked if I wanted to go I agreed and brought one of my small nickel/iron meteorites  from the meteor crater in Arizona to the exposition. At the exposition there was a vendor who had strange looking metal and melted slag like material and claimed it was CSD Crash Site Debris, the metal was from Arizona and the other was material from a plasma UFO that crashed near St  Joesph Missouri in 1947. I traded the meteorite I had brought with me for a piece of each material he also gave me some papers with the information about the pieces. I forgot about the pieces for a few years and after I lost my job I decided to retire. After a while I decided to have the CSD analyzed and sent them to Lynda Molton Howe and when they came back with the lab analysis it only showed what they were made of not the real test which is isotopic ratio's to see if the material is terrestrial or extraterrestrial buy it's isotope ratio, an example is an iron meteorite has a different iron isotope ratio than the iron found on earth. I sent the lab results to the UFO Museum in Roswell, then after about a month I received a e-mail from the museum that someone else had similar material and connected me to Chuck Wade. attached is some other material I have that I traded a iron meteorite for. 

Wizard123_zpsf1be04d7.jpg

shoemakermetalnl-2.jpg

DavidShoemaker.jpeg

So have you been to that highway area the article talks about, and what highway is it?  What is the closest town?  Is this the San Augustin are you are referring to?

And thanks for actually putting some useful words to your post.   

• Like 1

Yes I went there in 2015 it is located just outside Lordsberg, New Mexico, the road is 21 miles long paved the rest is dirt road, the paved road ends at a place called Red Rock that is where Mr. Shoemaker was living at the time. He told me the road had be pave over where the pavement had melted and sunken which was located 6 miles from the Lordsberg turn off and When I went there it was 6 miles and that area had been paved over. I had pictures but the file size was too big to post the picture.     

The Plains of San Augustine, New Mexico is an ancient dried lake bed surrounded by mountains and covers a large area, the Very Large Array (VLA) radio telescope is located at the north end and the crash site is located on the south end near a place called "Horse Springs". The Shoemaker metal was found approx 166 miles from Horse Springs. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

LabReport.jpeg

DSCN3018.jpeg

DSCN3019.jpeg

thing5.jpg

thing.jpg

thing2.jpg

Edited by meteoritelima
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, meteoritelima said:

Yes I went there in 2015 it is located just outside Lordsberg, New Mexico, the road is 21 miles long paved the rest is dirt road, the paved road ends at a place called Red Rock that is where Mr. Shoemaker was living at the time. He told me the road had be pave over where the pavement had melted and sunken which was located 6 miles from the Lordsberg turn off and When I went there it was 6 miles and that area had been paved over. I had pictures but the file size was too big to post the picture.     

It looks like the description was of a meteorite that actually hit.  That happens sometimes all over the country.   If you go to gem and mineral shows you can buy some of that slag.   I assume you know about that since you mentioned you traded some for the stuff you displayed in the OP

There are stone meteorites, stoney iron meteorites (Pallasites) and Nickel Iron meteorites, but I've never heard of an aluminum meteorite.

• Like 1