Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saw a being of light (angel/demon?) as a kid and witnessed part of an exorcism as a pre-adolescent.

Antivalue

9 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

You may call it an oversimplification, but I would suggest that there is no need to complicate the issue. Life is a choice. The matter of perspective, and a given/chosen attitude, in which one sees the different nuances of life. For example, yes, emotions are more spontaneous in the sense that we don't have to think about them too much, but they are mostly habitual reactions, learnt, or inflicted pressure from outside forces. In other words, one may choose to deprogrammed oneself, if they want to!!

You talk of healthy relationships as a source of happiness, and that's true, but did you stop to ask yourself, how do a couple "abide! consistently, in a healthy relationship? 

The short answer, by choosing to work at it.

Either consciously, or even subconsciously.

Either way, life is still a choice..:yes:

Hi Crazy Horse

Not sure you understand thr significance of potential

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Sherapy said:

This is erroneous, addressing, changing, unhelpful thoughts, emotions and behaviors does not require the specific sequence you are claiming. 

The actual tools or a solid basic understanding of CBT include: cognitive awareness this aids in recognizing patterns, biases, distortions in one’s thinking, cognitive restructuring involves reframing thoughts. Can you tell me the 3 basics to use? Another basic tool is behavioral activation taking action to change behaviors can you tell me how you would do this? the steps?  Another tool is skill building that is developing skills to cope with challenging situations. 

Come on CH you’re cherry picking with no real context or practice, not that you couldn’t or wouldn’t be successful if you had some knowledge and a solid practice right now you simply do not know what you are talking about. If I can be of help, ask. 

Thanks Sherri, I do have some questions for you to answer.

First up, can one set themselves a goal, without having a desire first, or do we set ourselves goals that we absolutely hate to achieve?

Secondly, without a plan or some kind, of guidance, (you call it CBT) is that not akin to being set adrift upon an ocean without a rudder, sails, compass etc, I mean, one may end-up where they wish to go, but the chances are remote, to say the least?

And lastly, are there not choices to be made, within this simple approach?

So therefore, life is a choice and you get to choose your way. The more wisdom, love, and honesty one has, the greater the chances of success, is that not also true, Sherri?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Not sure you understand thr significance of potential

Please do explain to everyone what exactly I am lacking, in this regard, thanks.

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Please do explain to everyone what exactly I am lacking, in this regard, thanks.

Hi Crazy Horse

To start with you are mentally rigid in your thinking. In order to see potential one needs to be fluid and capable of change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

First up, can one set themselves a goal, without having a desire first, or do we set ourselves goals that we absolutely hate to achieve?

Secondly, without a plan or some kind, of guidance, (you call it CBT) is that not akin to being set adrift upon an ocean without a rudder, sails, compass etc, I mean, one may end-up where they wish to go, but the chances are remote, to say the least?

So therefore, life is a choice and you get to choose your way. The more wisdom, love, and honesty one has, the greater the chances of success, is that not also true, Sherri?

My shaman grandfather use to say "Thieves and liars prosper". 

Success is only a matter of drive. You can succeed honestly or dishonestly and if you look at politicians and investment bankers, there is nothing honest about them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

CH many objectives or tasks are not contingent on wanting/desiring to do anything, in life there are a lot of tasks or objectives that we may not want to do, but still need to accomplish. It is a common place for individuals to engage in activities out of obligation, responsibility, or to achieve long-term objectives.  This involves stepping outside of ones comfort zone and engaging in tasks that are not aligned with our immediate desires.

There can be all kinds of reasons behind this: the pursuit of personal growth, meeting responsibilities, nurturing connections with others, or working towards long-term aspirations. What can help is to focus on finding ways to make the things we don’t want to do meaningful this in and of itself is a huge step forward in mindfulness.

Ultimately, finding a balance between pursuing personal desires and fulfilling necessary obligations is a part of navigating life’s challenges.

Of course personal choice has a role and looking for opportunities to experience as many things as possible even if they are challenging, even if you fail, even if your heart gets broken, or you find something isn’t for you, these are viable experiences too. 

And, you bring in a valid point. Having a plan or guidance does play a role. 

But, CH life often presents unforeseen circumstances and requires on-the-fly problem-solving, having a plan or guidance can still be beneficial. Planning ahead and developing problem-solving skills can help minimize potential risks, make informed decisions, and increase the likelihood of achieving objectives.

But, with that being said, it's important to acknowledge that not all aspects of life can be carefully planned or controlled. Flexibility, adaptability, and improvisation are also crucial skills to have when faced with unexpected situations. It's about finding a balance between having a plan and being open to adjusting and problem-solving as needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

To start with you are mentally rigid in your thinking. In order to see potential one needs to be fluid and capable of change.

Mentally rigid, compared to whom?

In any event, I was talking about ones Infinite Potential, aka GOD, aka Consciousness.

And then using THAT same consciousness, by way of good decision making, to see how far you can fly? :tu:

1 hour ago, Piney said:

My shaman grandfather use to say "Thieves and liars prosper". 

Success is only a matter of drive. You can succeed honestly or dishonestly and if you look at politicians and investment bankers, there is nothing honest about them.

mlk_arc_quote_600.jpg

52 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

CH many objectives or tasks are not contingent on wanting/desiring to do anything, in life there are a lot of tasks or objectives that we may not want to do, but still need to accomplish. It is a common place for individuals to engage in activities out of obligation, responsibility, or to achieve long-term objectives.  This involves stepping outside of ones comfort zone and engaging in tasks that are not aligned with our immediate desires.

There can be all kinds of reasons behind this: the pursuit of personal growth, meeting responsibilities, nurturing connections with others, or working towards long-term aspirations. What can help is to focus on finding ways to make the things we don’t want to do meaningful this in and of itself is a huge step forward in mindfulness.

Ultimately, finding a balance between pursuing personal desires and fulfilling necessary obligations is a part of navigating life’s challenges.

Of course personal choice has a role and looking for opportunities to experience as many things as possible even if they are challenging, even if you fail, even if your heart gets broken, or you find something isn’t for you, these are viable experiences too. 

And, you bring in a valid point. Having a plan or guidance does play a role. 

But, CH life often presents unforeseen circumstances and requires on-the-fly problem-solving, having a plan or guidance can still be beneficial. Planning ahead and developing problem-solving skills can help minimize potential risks, make informed decisions, and increase the likelihood of achieving objectives.

But, with that being said, it's important to acknowledge that not all aspects of life can be carefully planned or controlled. Flexibility, adaptability, and improvisation are also crucial skills to have when faced with unexpected situations. It's about finding a balance between having a plan and being open to adjusting and problem-solving as needed.

But life is still a choice.

And, I choose a short reply...:yes:

32 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Mentally rigid, compared to whom?

Hi Crazy Horse

You have stated several times that you seek a place of no ego or thought so that in itself limits your ability to see potential.

Then to add you have created your own religious ideology based on a variety of relgions and philosophies that conflict with each other and refuse to see what people have tried to educate you about.

This shows you are close minded and unable to change or develop outside of your personal biases.

32 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

In any event, I was talking about ones Infinite Potential, aka GOD, aka Consciousness

Well you will first have to demonstrate that there is a god. You have been here for years so it is not the first time you have been told this.

Christianity did more to inhibit potenial than most religious construct by restricting science and medical advancement.

Humanity wasn't able to fly because religion and superstition, it wasn't until man decided they were capable of greater things without the leash of a god

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

many objectives or tasks are not contingent on wanting/desiring to do anything, in life there are a lot of tasks or objectives that we may not want to do, but still need to accomplish. It is a common place for individuals to engage in activities out of obligation, responsibility, or to achieve long-term objectives.  This involves stepping outside of ones comfort zone and engaging in tasks that are not aligned with our immediate desires.

Depends on how you choose to look at desire. Even the stuff we're forced to do, there is a desire to 'get it over with'. This include stuff we dread.

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Success is only a matter of drive.

Success also means different things to different people. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

But life is still a choice.

And, I choose a short reply...:yes:

Indeed, personal agency is valuable.  Keep in mind in some contexts personal choice has a lot of wiggle room and at times not so much there are many things that have to be considered depending on the situation.  Hypothetical if a person is on their 2nd DUI personal agency isn’t gonna factor in as much, there will be mandatory rules including jail time in most cases. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Depends on how you choose to look at desire. Even the stuff we're forced to do, there is a desire to 'get it over with'. This include stuff we dread.

Success also means different things to different people. 

I drive my wife nuts because I run to get the stuff I hate done.

I always was that way. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

mlk_arc_quote_600.jpg

There is no moral universe. Just a uncaring one.

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I run to get the stuff I hate done.

Pretty much the same. Especially at work. If I dread doing a job, it is the first one done. Make life easier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2023 at 9:26 PM, Antivalue said:

What does the knowledge of these memories/experiences mean for me, what do I do with it?

Only you can answer that question.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Pretty much the same. Especially at work. If I dread doing a job, it is the first one done. Make life easier.

My approach, I do what I gotta do, then I do what I want to do. :D  

• Haha 3

On 6/29/2023 at 2:33 PM, openozy said:

You could be right, I was thrown upside down against a wall when I was about to do something there was no coming back from. It could have been the power of my not right mind at the time or it could have been Angels in disguise because I didn't go through with it after that, but I was thrown. What are your thoughts on Angels Xeno? If you want to say.

I find it interesting that you thought/think it could have been an Angel.  We're you hurt when you were thrown?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TashaMarie said:

I find it interesting that you thought/think it could have been an Angel.  We're you hurt when you were thrown?

I hit the back of my head and was barely conscious. I stayed over at my mate's place and went to the hospital the next day but they didn't find a mark or bruise on me. My mate couldn't believe it as he said I hit the wall at great speed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I find it interesting that you thought/think it could have been an Angel

I always thought it was something bad but if it was it would have let me go through with what I was planning, I think.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Piney said:

A universe without a purpose, point or meaning. So much so that a creature called humans seeks too impose its own desires onto it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We ARE the universe. Every atom of our body was forged in the heart of a dying star. We are the universe come alive and aware of itself. We are not an imposition on the universe, we are its fruition. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

You have stated several times that you seek a place of no ego or thought so that in itself limits your ability to see potential.

Then to add you have created your own religious ideology based on a variety of relgions and philosophies that conflict with each other and refuse to see what people have tried to educate you about.

This shows you are close minded and unable to change or develop outside of your personal biases.

Well you will first have to demonstrate that there is a god. You have been here for years so it is not the first time you have been told this.

Christianity did more to inhibit potenial than most religious construct by restricting science and medical advancement.

Humanity wasn't able to fly because religion and superstition, it wasn't until man decided they were capable of greater things without the leash of a god

Let me stop you there..:yes:

It is actually thought, that is a hinderance, and is limiting, ones creativity.

Ones potentiality is unknown, that much is true, but, without thought, one simply feels their way in life, and therefore, lives life to the max, and affects life by their very being.

22 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Indeed, personal agency is valuable.  Keep in mind in some contexts personal choice has a lot of wiggle room and at times not so much there are many things that have to be considered depending on the situation.  Hypothetical if a person is on their 2nd DUI personal agency isn’t gonna factor in as much, there will be mandatory rules including jail time in most cases. 

I think you are right, (in a sense) that ones environment does affect ones attitude, and therefore ones whole life.

But, only until one wakes-up..:yes:

So therefore, sharing the truth, and the love, becomes evermore valuable, and to be honest, much more rewarding, too..:tu:

22 hours ago, Piney said:

If that's your attitude, then that's your life, and that's your experience of this precious life.

The Good News is, that, according to some folk, life can change if one wants it enough..:yes:

Your life, your choice.