Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saw a being of light (angel/demon?) as a kid and witnessed part of an exorcism as a pre-adolescent.

Antivalue

6 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

....and drooling, crapping themselves...

Or have dementia or Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Hmmm, but you just said to Sherapy, "Secondly, without a plan or some kind, of guidance, (you call it CBT) is that not akin to being set adrift upon an ocean without a rudder, sails, compass etc, I mean, one may end-up where they wish to go, but the chances are remote, to say the least?".  I realize you stretch the definitions of some of the words you use sometimes, but I'm not aware of any way to come up with a 'plan' without thought.  I don't think that 'simply feeling your way through life' is wrong or a bad way to live some of the time, but it seems far more akin to being adrift than approaches that do involve thinking.  And it seems that living life to the max would involve indulging/experiencing everything it has to offer, so squashing thought seems very inhibitive and counter in that sense.  Sure thought can lead one astray and be unclear and in some cases hindering but so can 'simply feeling', I'd suggest even more dramatically.

:tsu:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I love my life and wife and family. I like what I do.  But no higher being had anything to do with it. I did it myself.

:wub: 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

And you call dodging :no: a happy and comfortable life..

Dodging what? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Complete thoughtlessness is rare at best because the nature of the mind fluctuates. Really what you are saying is there is a tranquility or mental calmness from a mind that has settled meaning it becomes less agitated by thoughts not that there are no longer thoughts.  There is nothing magical about this it is achieved by deep belly breathing because this activates the bodies relaxation response or going for a run does the same thing because it releases endorphins neurotransmitters in the brain that contribute to feelings of well being one could call running a moving mediation quite frankly. 

Yes, the mind fluctuates, energy is in constant motion.

But its your, individual choices, that direct that natural force..:P

6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Really what you are saying is there is a tranquility or mental calmness from a mind that has settled meaning it becomes less agitated by thoughts not that there are no longer thoughts.

Deep focus. Where the attention is directed somewhere. Not really a thoughtless state in my personal opinion. Just concentrated. Sort of like being in the zone. However any altered states of consciousness can not be held perpetually. Unless something is damaged. Zoning in isn't something to worry about, zoning out maybe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Comfort, and happiness, are all relative.

And yet without the deep, inner calm and peacefulness that comes with inward tide of love, even gold looses its lustre.

Happiness creates inner calm.

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Or have dementia or Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s. 

We have all forgotten.

How to love.

Just now, Piney said:

Happiness creates inner calm.

Doing the right thing, creates an inner peace, which then allows ones inner wisdom, to do its own thing, depending upon ones personal preferences..:yes:

Basically, just love, bit by bit, step by step, just love.

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Deep focus. Where the attention is directed somewhere. Not really a thoughtless state in my personal opinion. Just concentrated. Sort of like being in the zone. However any altered states of consciousness can not be held perpetually. Unless something is damaged. Zoning in isn't something to worry about, zoning out maybe.

Spend more than twenty seconds, in a thoughtless state, and tell me its nothing, please..:yes:

Just.

Twenty, seconds.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Exactly, you are right. Being in the Zone as a result of…but, it isn’t a thoughtless state like CH claims, it is a calm mental state that one engages with thoughts in a focused and intentional manner. 

IMHO, CH cherry picks off Google, then comes on here trying to “help us” “advise us” preach god to us from a practice he isn’t consistent with or even has. Walker was like this too.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, the mind fluctuates, energy is in constant motion.

But its your, individual choices, that direct that natural force..:P

CH I say this with the most sincere compassion. You are full of it. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Why would you say that?

The less one thinks, the more fully one receives the Holy Spirit, (at least in my worldview)..

And life just keeps-on getting better, and better, and...

Wait for it..

CH prostelyzing on autopilot :P

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Wait for it..

CH prostelyzing on autopilot :P

I'm just expressing my feelings, and if that's a crime, then we are facing the 

22 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Exactly, you are right. Being in the Zone as a result of…but, it isn’t a thoughtless state like CH claims, it is a calm mental state that one engages with thoughts in a focused and intentional manner. 

I can not for the life of me remember the source or where I found it, but thoughts are like the rays of the sun and focus is a magnifying lens. Something to that affect. Might have to search it up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

We have all forgotten.

How to love.

Correction, it is CH who longs for love in his life. 

I have cultivated a life filled with love and purpose as have the majority of the posters on here. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I'm just expressing my feelings, and if that's a crime, then we are facing the 

CH you are preaching. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

I can not for the life of me remember the source or where I found it, but thoughts are like the rays of the sun and focus is a magnifying lens. Something to that affect. Might have to search it up.

Love this. 

• Like 3

Just now, Sherapy said:

CH you are preaching. 

I am expressing myself, and you are trying to turn that into a crime.

8 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I am expressing myself, and you are trying to turn that into a crime.

Oh right, FYI a person who is expressing themselves does so in a way that is not an attempt to impose their own beliefs on others. Your posts are an attempt to advocate and promote your particular cherry picked ideology it also shows up as a lack of openness to other perspectives. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

5b30f8db80edf.jpeg

What you give, is what you get, according to the Zen.

Time to take control.

And decide.

Love.

Or.

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

What you give, is what you get, according to the Zen.

Time to take control.

And decide.

Love.

Or.

Right, my hunch is this is Ch getting mad cuz no one buys his koolaid. :P

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Right, my hunch is this is Ch getting mad cuz no one buys his koolaid. :P

Didn't I make that exact same statement when I returned to UM? I think I did. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Didn't I make that exact same statement when I returned to UM? I think I did. 

You might have :tsu:

• Like 1