Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saw a being of light (angel/demon?) as a kid and witnessed part of an exorcism as a pre-adolescent.

Antivalue

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Doing the right thing, creates an inner peace, which then allows ones inner wisdom, to do its own thing, depending upon ones personal preferences..:yes:

Basically, just love, bit by bit, step by step, just love.

I started out as Civil Air Patrol Ranger Cadet and a Jr. firefighter. I was volunteer ES for 35 years in South Jersey and have 3 personal life saves. I was a part time volunteer Tribal Peacekeeper. I was humanitarian aid worker in Eastern Europe and the Middle East for the Quakers and sniffed out drug and human traffickers for @Commander CMG and his SAS mates. Granted I didn't do that for free. I made a mint....but still.

I own everything and owe nothing earning it with blood, sweat and heavy iron.

Who are you and what did you do again? 

Because your the only anonymous person in this conversation which gives you no place to judge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

Exactly, you are right. Being in the Zone as a result of…but, it isn’t a thoughtless state like CH claims, it is a calm mental state that one engages with thoughts in a focused and intentional manner. 

IMHO, CH cherry picks off Google, then comes on here trying to “help us” “advise us” preach god to us from a practice he isn’t consistent with or even has. Walker was like this too.

He's trying to explain Zen "daremo" but doesn't know what it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

He's trying to explain Zen "daremo" but doesn't know what it is.

I need some clarification if you don't mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Piney said:

I started out as Civil Air Patrol Ranger Cadet and a Jr. firefighter. I was volunteer ES for 35 years in South Jersey and have 3 personal life saves. I was a part time volunteer Tribal Peacekeeper. I was humanitarian aid worker in Eastern Europe and the Middle East for the Quakers and sniffed out drug and human traffickers for @Commander CMG and his SAS mates. Granted I didn't do that for free. I made a mint....but still.

Because your the only anonymous person in this conversation which gives you no place to judge.

And, your capacity for empathy and compassion comes thru your posts as well as you having the life that works best for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I need some clarification if you don't mind.

A blank emotional state to keep your emotions from ruling you and being controlled by others with them. It's also used for performing physical feats so you don't over think and **** them up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

And, your capacity for empathy and compassion comes thru your posts as well as you having the life that works best for you. 

Did I include SODAT teen counselor? :yes:

• Like 3

Just now, Piney said:

A blank emotional state to keep your emotions from ruling you and being controlled by others with them. It's also used for performing physical feats so you don't over think and **** them up.

Sounds similar to the do easy method yet applied to all things. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Why would you say that?

Because that's what the result of not thinking is also, and there's a lot of evidence for it.  Since you're challenging others to not think for 20 minutes, how about you drink a few beers or a pot of coffee or some other diuretic and then not think for 4 hours or so; good luck not needing to relieve yourself in that amount of time, and you can't go to the bathroom without thinking.

So what you really mean is no thought except those thoughts that you deem necessary, and we've just kicked the can down the rabbit hole of evaluating acceptable specific thoughts.  We should keep enough thought going so we don't start drooling but I shouldn't think about the science of a flower because you think it's limiting something?  Based on what?

The less one thinks, the more fully one receives the Holy Spirit, (at least in my worldview)..

Okay, well then I'd be careful you're not spotted by the Eye of Sauron too.  Your religion to me seems like an amorphous blob of concepts from other spiritualities; you mention the Holy Spirit but my understanding of your view on the ego doesn't seem to fit so I can't really make heads or tails of it.  Offhand I'm not sure where the message of Christianity intersects at all with what we refer to as the ego, if anything it seems to warn against indulging it too much; spending time worrying about one's own fulfillment and ego comes at the expense of helping the poor and sick and spreading the word, the stuff Jesus actually instructed his followers to do.

And a thought, just gets in the way with that feeling.

I guess it all depends on what one wants, from life!

It is far, far simpler than that, it's that we are not you, we're different.  If thought 'just gets in the way with that feeling' you mean for you, and you have no basis for thinking we're all the same in this respect.  You also don't know that we are not getting the same thing you are getting from life or even better but by taking a different path.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sounds similar to the do easy method yet applied to all things. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Similar, but you don't think about it at all.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Your religion to me seems like an amorphous blob of concepts from other spiritualities; you mention the Holy Spirit but my understanding of your view on the ego doesn't seem to fit so I can't really make heads or tails of it.

More like a try at Theosophy by a preschooler on acid.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Daremo sounds like nihilism a lack of balance in understanding that while things are impermanent they still hold meaning and value in the present moment. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Daremo sounds like nihilism a lack of balance in understanding that while things are impermanent they still hold meaning and value in the present moment. 

No, it has nothing to do with that...and I'm having a hellofa time with a English explanation. It's direct translation mean "no one", "nobody" but that's not the Tendai or Shingon definition. It's hard to explain. .....A emotional blank instead of getting upset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

A emotional and mental silence.....had to wash the pots and think. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Piney said:

No, it has nothing to do with that...and I'm having a hellofa time with a English explanation. It's direct translation mean "no one", "nobody" but that's not the Tendai or Shingon definition. It's hard to explain. .....A emotional blank instead of getting upset.

I'm not having luck either. Most of what I find comes at a cost. Join a site or pay for a course.:no:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not having luck either. Most of what I find comes at a cost. Join a site or pay for a course.:no:

I pretty much got it. vvvv

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

A emotional and mental silence.....had to wash the pots and think. :yes:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Piney said:

It sounds ike the vulcans in star trek.  They have emotion (more intense than humans) so to survive they have to learn to use logic in all things, seems like suppressing emotion, something most humans can't do.   But, I think your full battle mode, I am already dead, would be the same as what you are describing.    Emotionlessness is an ideal but not something most people can practice.   I see a lot of new agers pretend like they practice something like that but they call it "avoiding negative" which is in itself a negative act because they become passive aggressive in the attempt at avoiding expressing their anger.    We are emotional beings and I don't get how we can experience an emotional blank without some kind of brain damage.   

• Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

But, I think your full battle mode, I am already dead, would be the same as what you are describing.    

It's exactly the same concept. Well, part of that concept. 

• Like 2

On 7/11/2023 at 10:47 PM, Piney said:

I am that I am.

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

I am that I am.

Very narcissistic.......But then again, so is "love bombing".

• Like 3

On 7/11/2023 at 9:36 PM, Sherapy said:

Correction, it is CH who longs for love in his life. 

I have cultivated a life filled with love and purpose as have the majority of the posters on here. 

I desire a total, and absolute feeling of love for THAT, I call GOD.

And, I desire the concentration needed to stick, with THAT.

Feeling love, and then expressing love, the ebb and flow of a great life.

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Very narcissistic.......But then again, so is "love bombing".

Well thanks for setting me straight.

On 7/11/2023 at 11:23 PM, Piney said:

Then I wasn't trying to express daremo...:no:

This is not a blank emotional state I am seeking, quite the opposite.

To be filled with love, completely, and utter, and absolutely, is the goal.

And from what I can gather, there is little room, (or need) for thoughts at this point.

• Haha 2

I desire a total, and absolute feeling of love for THAT, I call GOD.

And, I desire the concentration needed to stick, with THAT.

Feeling love, and then expressing love, the ebb and flow of a great life.

CH striving to feel only love is unrealistic meaning not based on an anything that is rooted in a solid understanding of emotions. Love fluctuates as we encounter different situations and interact with others, our emotional nature fluctuates. The same applies to concentration our minds wander naturally, leading to distractions, it is not a practical objective. Expressing only love isn’t even possible because genuine connections involve a multitude of factors. 

An add to: Mindfulness is not showing up one way as in only loving, the latter would be the equivalent of suppressing or ignoring challenging emotions or situations. Another way to consider this it is about cultivating a present moment awareness or spring boarding from a base that is non judgmental, non attached, open to experiencing all emotions thoughts and sensations that arise it is about developing an observing and accepting mindset, allowing one to respond to situations as they come with clarity and wisdom and compassion meaning creating the space for understanding looking at all that is involved and choosing strategies to address difficulties. 

CH it is on you to use discernment and critical thinking, mindfulness/meditation isn’t about not thinking, or only love for ex: non judgmental awareness allows one to recognize biases, assumptions, preconceived notions that influence one’s thinking by observing these mental patterns, we cultivate a more neutral and objective perspective which fosters critical analysis which enables questioning and examining thoughts more deeply, that is looking at things in a broader perspective, and including evidence to arrive at well reasoned conclusions.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well thanks for setting me straight.

Many of your posts engage in excessive self praise, constantly bragging about your spiritual achievements based in unrealistic objectives (Google cherry picking) that are not rooted in actuality, it comes off like self aggrandizing, self promotion. These types of behavioral patterns can stem from a need for validation or a way to boost one’s self esteem or to cope with personal insecurities. If this is not your intention you might want to make some changes. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Many of your posts engage in excessive self praise, constantly bragging about your spiritual achievements based in unrealistic objectives (Google cherry picking) that are not rooted in actuality, it comes off like self aggrandizing, self promotion. These types of behavioral patterns can stem from a need for validation or a way to boost one’s self esteem or to cope with personal insecurities. If this is not your intention you might want to make some changes. 

You know, if you ever want to tackle some of the points, or ideas, that I've raised, then please feel free to do so.

But this constantly attacking me, personally, is the lowest form of "debate" and shows everyone who you are, (right now) fortunately, everything changes.

Sometimes for the better...:yes: