Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saw a being of light (angel/demon?) as a kid and witnessed part of an exorcism as a pre-adolescent.

Antivalue

14 hours ago, Sherapy said:

CH striving to feel only love is unrealistic meaning not based on an anything that is rooted in a solid understanding of emotions. Love fluctuates as we encounter different situations and interact with others, our emotional nature fluctuates. The same applies to concentration our minds wander naturally, leading to distractions, it is not a practical objective. Expressing only love isn’t even possible because genuine connections involve a multitude of factors. 

Well, with that kind of attitude, its going to be pretty difficult, I will give you that.

Luckily, not everyone has such a negative view of life.

To feel love, and then to express that love, allows for that love to grow, and grow, and grow.

I know, because its the life I am living right now.

On 7/11/2023 at 11:36 PM, Liquid Gardens said:

Okay, well then I'd be careful you're not spotted by the Eye of Sauron too.  Your religion to me seems like an amorphous blob of concepts from other spiritualities; you mention the Holy Spirit but my understanding of your view on the ego doesn't seem to fit so I can't really make heads or tails of it.  Offhand I'm not sure where the message of Christianity intersects at all with what we refer to as the ego, if anything it seems to warn against indulging it too much; spending time worrying about one's own fulfillment and ego comes at the expense of helping the poor and sick and spreading the word, the stuff Jesus actually instructed his followers to do.

So you really have no idea of what I am talking about.

So to be clear, the ego is a false construct, one minute it is up up and away, and the next it is down in the dumps.

At one time it absolutely loves this one, and the next there is a raging hatred, and on and on it goes.

This constant flip-flopping is like building ones house upon the sand, just asking for trouble.

And so the idea of Buddhist, Christian, and Hindu thought, is to remove the ego from ones thought process, and to simply look at the world with a simple, unconditioned love. The ebb, (feeling) and the flow, (the expressing).

In other words, love the Lord thy GOD with all thy heart, soul, and might, and everything else will flow quite naturally.

Edit; this video came-up straight after this post. Well worth a couple of listens, one after the other.

Edited by Crazy Horse

18 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

You know, if you ever want to tackle some of the points, or ideas, that I've raised, then please feel free to do so.

But this constantly attacking me, personally, is the lowest form of "debate" and shows everyone who you are, (right now) fortunately, everything changes.

Sometimes for the better...:yes:

Whenever you ever get around to raising  points that are viable I will take you up on the discussing of them. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well, with that kind of attitude, its going to be pretty difficult, I will give you that.

Luckily, not everyone has such a negative view of life.

To feel love, and then to express that love, allows for that love to grow, and grow, and grow.

I know, because its the life I am living right now.

A subjective imagining is not the equivalent of real life. 

This is just one chasing their own tail in other words, engaging in a repetitive pointless pursuit without making any progress. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 2

• 9 months later...

I have performed an exorcism, almost thirty years ago. They weren't dramatic from my perspective. I simply performed a laying on of hands and gave a blessing, but in the blessing mentioned that whatever impure or unholy spirit or spirits were dwelling in the person and/or home were commanded to leave. There were no theatrics. 

As a background, I was serving a mission in Ecuador and a family wished to be baptized. However, they didn't feel right about doing so because of some thigs that were happening in their home. I asked what, and they replied that objects would throw themselves at the family and move around on their own. It seemed to be centered around their teenage daughter, who was also being accosted at night by a shadowy figure who would coalesce next to her bed and touch her inappropriately. She wanted to push it away, but it didn't have anything tp push against--it could touch her, but she couldn't touch it.

After the blessing, the girl stopped getting these visits and the family's home was no longer the center of such activity, so they were happily baptized.

In another incident, I was in a home in which a girl was being harassed by a male spirit that would appear to her in dreams and also waking. It would threaten her family and ask her to herm herself so that it could "have" her (whatever that meant). While my companion and I were visiting, the girl described that the spirit was very angry and making threats to us, describing how much it hated us. We recommended that the family change the atmosphere of the home by spending time reading scripture aloud together and praying, inviting the Holy Ghost into the home. The idea was to make the home environment inhospitable to malignant spirits. We checked back with the family, and it seemed to have worked quite well.

In yet another incident, a teenage girl had been in a local abandoned house (the kind of place local teens would go to do unwise things), and came out speaking in a much lower register, what locals called a "man's" voice. She did not recognize anyone, including her own family. Moreover, all she wanted to do was eat everything in sight; this was atypical behavior for the girl, who normally has very little appetite. Another missionary in my district was called into the home and performed the exorcism/blessing, in which he instructed the spirit to leave, and the girl to go to sleep. She did so, and upon waking was back to normal. There were no theatrics at any of these exorcisms.

My stepfather performed a great many exorcisms in Argentina in the 1970s. He described being able to distinguish the type of spirit involved by how it behaved in a human body. There were 2 types: demonic spirits and the spirits of the deceased who would slip into living people.

The spirits of the once-living hid better, because they had been born into a human body and could control it fairly naturally. They could be detected by behavioral changes and memory lapses. I would venture to guess that my friend expelled one of those. The idea is that people with addictions cannot enjoy those physical sensations without a body, so they slip into the living to feed their addictions. (Perhaps the spirit in question was a junk-food addict.)

Demonic spirits had never been born into a body and therefore had difficulty moving naturally and exerting control. They were easier to spot. They were also more aggressive and wished harm on those they possessed (or to whom they attached themselves). They were also generally more difficult to expel.

According to my theological understanding, demons are simply souls who chose to side with Lucifer rather than with God in the beginning, before the Earth was created. Lucifer wished to usurp the authority of the Father and force mankind to be obedient to him--he thought he could save everyone at the expense of agency. Jesus offered to allow human to have agency, and offered Himself as a sacrifice for the mistakes that would necessarily be made as humans exercised our agency. God the Father chose Jesus, as Jesus understood the Father's plan and would carry it out. Lucifer was angry, and convinced a third of the host of heaven to rebel, a rebellion they lost. The punishment for this rebellion was that they were denied the privilege of participating in the Father's plan for the rest of the souls He had created. Those other souls? They were us. We were given the privilege of living a mortal life, understanding beforehand that it would be difficult and often painful, but that it was a necessary experience in order to progress and become what we were meant to be in the eternal scheme of things. 

We will be resurrected into perfected, immortal bodies, much like Jesus was. Then we will be judged and assigned our place in the order that is to follow. Even the worst of us will be infinitely better off than any of the spirits who followed Satan, as we will progress. Satan is cut off from progress and from the presence of his Father. This is Hell. For humans, Hell is simply the degree to which we are separated from the Father, and Heaven is the state of spiritual union with Him. 

Satan is envious and bitter, as are the souls who chose to follow him. Their goal is simply vengeance against those of us who chose a different path. They do everything they can to influence us to make choices that will limit our spiritual progress. Why? Misery loves company. 

Anyway, I realize that there are a lot of people in this forum who will mock and scoff my beliefs and experiences. That's okay. I love you anyway and wish you the best. We are, after all, brothers and sisters, children of the same Father (even if we don't recognize it).

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 5:08 PM, Sherapy said:

A different perspective: Devils, demons are archetypes symbolizing the internal and external struggles humans face when confronted with their own moral choices and desires, Basically the devil archetype represents the complexities and duality of human nature, aka shadow self that is the unconscious aspects of the undesirable, repressed or suppressed aspects of self. When we examine our own past actions and behaviors that may have led to trouble to begin with, understanding the motivations and underlying unresolved issues that contributed to the choices, by honestly acknowledging one’s shadow aspects in other words taking responsibility for them, the triggers, the behaviors, the beliefs we hold blindly too, biases etc.  

The devil’s/demon’s are the ones used to externalize blame, as opposed to taking responsibility for one’s owns actions and learning from them. 

Yes, you are 100% correct.

The fight, is within, and how much one allows themselves to feel, life!

• Like 2