Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sweden faces global fury after Koran burning stunt

pellinore

I predict trouble with a capital 'T':

Dozens of Iraqi protesters stormed the Swedish embassy in Baghdad today over the burning of a Koran by an Iraqi protester in Stockholm.

Video showed an angry mob breaking through an iron gate and climbing on top of the compound, as global fury grows over the stunt.

It came after several Muslim countries condemned Sweden for allowing the Iraqi man to burn a Koran outside Stockholm's main mosque.

Under a heavy police presence and in front of a crowd of 200, Salwan Momika, a 37-year-old who fled to Sweden several years ago, put bacon in the pages of a Koran before stomping on it and setting several pages alight.

Sweden faces global fury after Koran burning stunt | Daily Mail Online

Edited by pellinore

The link says Sweden has charged him for what he did.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, odas said:

Seems like Sweden has a problem with hateful immigrants.

Not only Sweden.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odas said:

This man was Iraqi. We've all seen protests that turned into something we didn't like. Like I said before, Sweden has charged him for what he did.

Id call everyone idiots with this.

The guy clearly wanted to get a reaction and they gave it to him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't agree with this guy's behavior, but I think burning any book should be legal in any free country. And I think free countries like Sweden should make that clear and protect their laws and properties from counter-protesters with force if need be on principal. 

Freedom must be fought for sometimes!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't agree with this guy's behavior, but I think burning any book should be legal in any free country. And I think free countries like Sweden should make that clear and protect their laws and properties from counter-protesters with force if need be on principal. 

Freedom must be fought for sometimes!

Agree half ways, but have in mind that Turkiye has also the granted freedom to allow Sweden into NATO or not and after this stunt chances are 0 given that also Hungary postponed the descission now.

I understand that it was an Iraqy immigrant and not a Swede, so Swedes are not to blame. This was a stunt that can cost us all dearly especialy when Putin is playing the "this is illegal in Russia" card to sway muslims on his side.

I said it before, if you want to burn a Koran, do it. It is just a copy and there are billions of it. You cannot harm what cannot be harmed. But in this case the stakes are very high and I have the feeling this guy new what he wants and Sweden fell into his trapp.

5 hours ago, odas said:

Hateful immigrants hating immigrants is certainly a new one.

10 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

Hateful immigrants hating immigrants is certainly a new one.

Oh I don't know, I've seen reports of second gen immigrants in this country complaining of too many immigrants coming to this country.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Oh I don't know, I've seen reports of second gen immigrants in this country complaining of too many immigrants coming to this country.

Suella Braverman is a case in point.

20 hours ago, susieice said:

The link says Sweden has charged him for what he did.

I must admit I initially thought it was sanctioned by the Swedish government, which is why I suspected problems.

• Like 1

Three more requests to burn bible, torah and koran in sweden

The applications include two in Stockholm and one in Helsingborg

HaCohen added that following the burning of the Koran, there were several requests to burn Torah scrolls, "but they did not take place because the Muslim leadership prevented it."

https://m.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/article-748949

Let's see how this will unfold.