Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rioting in France


pellinore

Recommended Posts

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this (unless I've missed it). Four nights of absolute mayhem in France:

The funeral of a 17-year-old boy killed by a police officer on Tuesday has been taking place in the Paris suburb of Nanterre

There are reports of large crowds at the funeral, but the family have asked the media to stay away

French President Emmanuel Macron has cancelled his scheduled visit to Germany as a result of the unrest

The mayor of Lyon has called for extra police reinforcements for tonight and authorities in Marseille have cancelled the city’s Pride festival

Overnight, 1,300 people were arrested across France in a fourth night of rioting which saw widespread vandalism and looting

France riots: Macron cancels Germany visit due to France unrest - BBC News

 

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vive le Elton... 

Quote
1 day ago  Emmanuel Macron has sparked anger by attending an Elton John concert in Paris as riots raged in France over the police killing of a teenage ...

~

 

...au revoir route de briques jaunes

~

Edited by SHaYap
encore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pellinore said:

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this (unless I've missed it). Four nights of absolute mayhem in France:

The funeral of a 17-year-old boy killed by a police officer on Tuesday has been taking place in the Paris suburb of Nanterre

There are reports of large crowds at the funeral, but the family have asked the media to stay away

French President Emmanuel Macron has cancelled his scheduled visit to Germany as a result of the unrest

The mayor of Lyon has called for extra police reinforcements for tonight and authorities in Marseille have cancelled the city’s Pride festival

Overnight, 1,300 people were arrested across France in a fourth night of rioting which saw widespread vandalism and looting

France riots: Macron cancels Germany visit due to France unrest - BBC News

 

Its France, its what they do lol

Rioting goes back centuries there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

Its France, its what they do lol

Rioting goes back centuries there.

If they're not being taken over, they're fighting amongst themselves :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hawken said:

Just like the George Floyd riots. People who had nothing to do with a person's death suffer by having their property vandalized.

The farmer kicks the cow because the fox stole the chicken. :sm

I wonder who’s doing the rioting demographicly  speaking?  George Floyd:

A substantial majority of the protesters were white, in the cities where the data was gathered, with the highest percentage in Minneapolis (85%), followed by Los Angeles(78%), and Atlanta and New York (both at 76%). A total of 18% of the protesters were African American in Atlanta, 11% in Minneapolis, 13% in New York and 3% in Los Angeles. Those numbers remained steady during the nighttime hours. Hispanic and Asian American participation was less than 10% in all four cities.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-report-reveals-demographics-of-black-lives-matter-protesters-shows-vast-majority-are-white-marched-within-their-own-cities-301079234.html

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, WVK said:

I wonder who’s doing the rioting demographicly  speaking?  George Floyd:

A substantial majority of the protesters were white, in the cities where the data was gathered, with the highest percentage in Minneapolis (85%), followed by Los Angeles(78%), and Atlanta and New York (both at 76%). A total of 18% of the protesters were African American in Atlanta, 11% in Minneapolis, 13% in New York and 3% in Los Angeles. Those numbers remained steady during the nighttime hours. Hispanic and Asian American participation was less than 10% in all four cities.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-report-reveals-demographics-of-black-lives-matter-protesters-shows-vast-majority-are-white-marched-within-their-own-cities-301079234.html

France is a colorblind society, so much so that it is illegal for the government to keep population statistics based on race, ethnicity or religion. Everyone is counted as French and equals, except that economically, there are always people more privileged than others.

Edited by Hammerclaw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stumbled upon a video yesterday of a white French citizen who'd been attacked in the street by Muslims.  They CUT OFF HIS HAND...  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

France is a colorblind society, so much so that it is illegal for the government to keep population statistics based on race, ethnicity or religion. Everyone is counted as French and equals, except that economically, there are always people more privileged than others.

So if the kid had been white or for that matter, Catholic one could expect the same reaction?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, pellinore said:

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this (unless I've missed it). Four nights of absolute mayhem in France:

The funeral of a 17-year-old boy killed by a police officer on Tuesday has been taking place in the Paris suburb of Nanterre

There are reports of large crowds at the funeral, but the family have asked the media to stay away

French President Emmanuel Macron has cancelled his scheduled visit to Germany as a result of the unrest

The mayor of Lyon has called for extra police reinforcements for tonight and authorities in Marseille have cancelled the city’s Pride festival

Overnight, 1,300 people were arrested across France in a fourth night of rioting which saw widespread vandalism and looting

France riots: Macron cancels Germany visit due to France unrest - BBC News

 

Yeah, a thread about the riots in France was long overdue, maybe because not one wanted to state the obvious, fearing they would be tagged a racist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, and-then said:

I stumbled upon a video yesterday of a white French citizen who'd been attacked in the street by Muslims.  They CUT OFF HIS HAND...  

saw that too. A year ago a Muslim man raped, killed and mutilated a 12 year old French girl and no one said boo. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WVK said:

So if the kid had been white or for that matter, Catholic one could expect the same reaction?

No. French cities are ringed by suburbs or ghettos of disadvantaged minority people of color, mostly Muslim. The crime rate is high, the police mostly white. It's a place where French ideals are constantly confronted with grim and poignant reality. The police are armed and permitted to employ deadly force under specific circumstances. It's a judgment call and poor judgment is often a consequence.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Yeah, a thread about the riots in France was long overdue, maybe because not one wanted to state the obvious, fearing they would be tagged a racist. 

After Milk, Math, Obesity, OK Sign and other things became Racist by the left. I don't care anymore. Bring on the labels.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

After Milk, Math, Obesity, OK Sign and other things became Racist by the left. I don't care anymore. Bring on the labels.

What does this mean?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The West’s assisted suicide.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

What does this mean?

I took it to mean that when enough outrageous lies are told about a person, eventually, they get to not give a damn any longer.  I wholehearted agree with that.  I agree so strongly that it makes me VERY happy that I'm retired and have no kids in school.  I fear if I was having to face this woke world as a 30-something, I'd find myself in some serious trouble.  :yes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

What does this mean?

The left actually declared those things racist. Like milk is racist because it's white. And they see the OK Sign as white supremacy.

Even though democrat politicians have flashed the symbol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

The left actually declared those things racist. Like milk is racist because it's white. And they see the OK Sign as white supremacy.

Even though democrat politicians have flashed the symbol.

Oh come on! Do you have any evidence that milk, maths, obesity and the OK signs are considered racist? I enjoy a bit of faux outrage at the woke Lefties as much as anyone, but I think this is just made up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a matter of time before it happens here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

Oh come on! Do you have any evidence that milk, maths, obesity and the OK signs are considered racist? I enjoy a bit of faux outrage at the woke Lefties as much as anyone, but I think this is just made up.

You're right,  those things you list aren't racist, but they're all things that race baiters have called out as being racist. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49837898

https://psmag.com/news/why-is-milk-being-called-a-white-supremacist-symbol

Edited by itsnotoutthere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

You're right,  those things you list aren't racist, but they're all things that race baiters have called out as being racist. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49837898

https://psmag.com/news/why-is-milk-being-called-a-white-supremacist-symbol

Thanks for posting this. Both of these examples originated (from your links) from white supremists hijacking the innocent items- the thug (wrongly) mocking black people for being unable to drink milk, and the OK symbol being similarly claimed by white supremists (taken in by a joke posted on4chan):But the joke was so successful and widespread among the far-right, that many believe the OK sign is changing meaning.The man accused of killing 51 people at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, earlier this year flashed the OK hand sign when he was in court.

So it is the Right, not the Left using these symbols,and it turns Hawken's argument on its head. I'm not commenting on wider issues, but these examples don't stand up, except as white supremist provocation.

Edited by pellinore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Cho Jinn said:

The West’s assisted suicide.

The joys of multiculturalism.  We are fortunate , in the US, that the migrants entering the southern border don’t seem inclined on destroying their new home.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.