Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Virgin Galatic's next spaceflight planned for August 10 will include sweepstakes winners

Still Waters

Virgin Galactic's next spaceflight will include a mother-daughter duo from the Caribbean who won their tickets in a sweepstakes contest, as well as an 80-year-old former Olympian.

The company founded by British billionaire Richard Branson flew its first paying customers, members of the Italian Air Force, last month—a long awaited achievement that put it back on track in the emerging private spaceflight sector.

Its next mission "Galactic 02,' is planned for August 10 from Spaceport America, New Mexico, the company said in a statement.

https://phys.org/news/2023-07-virgin-galatic-spaceflight-sweepstakes-winners.html

Related:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/17/2023 at 5:07 PM, Still Waters said:

Virgin Galactic's next spaceflight will include a mother-daughter duo from the Caribbean who won their tickets in a sweepstakes contest, as well as an 80-year-old former Olympian.

Mother and daughter first to go to space together

Keisha was travelling to the UK to sort out her daughter's visa when she entered the competition.

She was on a Virgin Atlantic flight from Antigua to London when suddenly an advert popped up.

"I filled out this sweepstake and then suddenly months later I'm getting correspondences saying that you're a top 20 finalist, then a top five finalist, to becoming a winner," she says.

"Suddenly, who's walking into my yard? Richard Branson. The whole team just swarmed into my house saying 'you're the winner, you're going to space'."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-66405219

• Like 3

Virgin Galactic is providing a live stream of the flight:

• Like 2

The flight was sucessful.

• Like 2

• Like 1