Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Dark Matter and Extra Dimensions Related ?

UM-Bot

A team of scientists that includes a University of Florida physicist has suggested that two of the biggest mysteries in particle physics and astrophysics -- the existence of extra time and space dimensions and the composition of an invisible cosmic substance called dark matter -- may be connected.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Space Daily

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• j6p

• UM-Bot

• Homer

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah...yeah, right. I'm holding my breath on this one. I think they'll find those extra dimensions hidden by those pesky gravitons laugh.gif

What a coincidence j6p, because I thought those extra dimensions were hidden by those pesky hypothetical particles postulated to be the quantum of gravitational interaction and presumed to have an indefinitely long lifetime, zero electric charge, and zero rest mass. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I love it Homer,

Well, I wish I could stay and talk but I have to get back to my experaments. I bought a lead prism from Edmonds Scientific on sale for only $179.95. The ad said that it would filter out interference and project a dark matter spectrum smile.gif