Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs 'took control of Russian nukes' and 'entered launch codes'

pellinore

11 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The Coast Guard said that the window glass had been taken out for the summer.

oh, so that's why it couldn't be a reflection = took the window glass out .. oh ok then:unsure2:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Likewise, I am sure.

@Grey Area, see what I mean?? And needless to say, Dejama thinks this is a meaningless photo, as well. 

Just to add a little to it,,, Yes, I did a more fitting thread here at UM on this years ago. But I am sure you folks have no need to look it up.
The photo was taken by a Coast Guard photographer who was on duty that day. Project Bluebook declared the objects were a reflection in the window.
The Coast Guard said that the window glass had been taken out for the summer. At that point, Bluebook declared it "unexplained".
Years later, the Military historical society claimed the objects in the photo were U2's, whose manufacture had yet to be approved by Congress! Now *that* is something to laugh at. 

For 3 months after the incident, various neighborhood eyewitnesses were interviewed by the local newspaper, The Salem Evening News, and their stories printed, one at a time.
But the building in the background is the Salem power plant, and about 40 workers were on duty that day. My father was one of them. His friend brought his camera
to work that day, so several guys went up to the roof of the plant to take a picture. Again, my father was one of them. 

See what I mean, FA? I put up facts and get back laughter and ridicule. And they can remain in their happy little world of no UFO's. 

LINK:

"I suppose it qualifies as an iconic photograph.  Taken at Salem, Massachusetts, on July 16, 1952, it remains more than 50 years later a stock illustration for popular journalism on UFOs.  The Guardian used it in 2011, Time magazine in 2015, the New York Times in 2019.  Just this month, attractively colorized, it leads off a long and excellent New Yorker article on UFOs by Gideon Lewis-Kraus, entitled in the print edition (May 10) “The U.F.O. Papers” and on the web, “How the Pentagon Started Taking U.F.O.s Seriously.”

Enjoy the read.

I took a few moments last night, and it didn't take too long to find the statement made by the actual person who took the photo. Here's a brief spoiler, he never claimed it was aliens or UFOs. 

"How To Tell the New York Times from the Weekly World News"

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2002/05/the-new-york-times-peddles-flying-saucer-pics.html

"...That’s because the picture is already in the public domain! The ad acknowledges this in a backhanded way with a photo credit for “Shell R. Alpert/U.S. Coast Guard.*” (The asterisk indicates that a copy signed by the photographer is available, on request, at an unspecified additional cost.) A call to the Coast Guard historian’s office confirmed that prints of the flying-saucer photo are available at the cost of reproduction, which is about $15. And since the Coast Guard (not the Times) possesses the original negative, the $15 version is very likely of superior quality."

"Where did the flying-saucer picture come from? Well, it seems that on the morning of July 16, 1952, a 21-year-old Coast Guard photographer named Shell Alpert was getting ready to clean a camera in the Salem, Mass., Air Station when, according to an August 1952 Coast Guard press release,

'he noticed several brilliant lights in the sky. He watched them for 5 or 6 seconds, then called another Coast Guardsman in the nearby sick bay to come and see the strange sight. In those few seconds, the brilliant white of the lights had dimmed somewhat, but when it suddenly brightened again, he grabbed the camera, clicked the shutter, and this photograph is the result. Notice the bars of light that seem to extend in front of and behind the round “objects,” which appear in “V” formation.'

"Chatterbox has no idea what the Coast Guard was insinuating in that last sentence, but it captures the emotional climate of the time. “I never said it was a flying saucer or anything like that,” Alpert, now in the twilight of a very successful career in direct marketing, informed Chatterbox. He just took the picture, passed it along to a superior, and was immediately told to classify it as top-secret (even though Alpert didn’t have top-secret clearance). There ensued visits from the Air Force, from a Harvard astrophysicist, and from assorted intelligence officers. “These people interviewed me till I was going out of my head,” Alpert recalled. They asked him if what he saw could have been a reflection of some sort. “Sure could,” he answered."

Oh Earl, you do it to yourself man, you really do.

• Thanks 3

On 8/13/2023 at 12:54 AM, Grey Area said:

Because your evidence is all copied and pasted stuff from the web, that is the catcall of every UFO believer for the last century.

It doesn't make any difference as long as the information is factual. Cut-and-pasting accurate information is a convenient way to present accurate information.  Ever wondered why I have challenged skeptics to prove me wrong on what I have been posting? Think for a moment as to why they have failed to provide the specific information I've requested. 

On 8/13/2023 at 12:54 AM, Grey Area said:

Add into that your assertion that the true evidence, clear pictures etc are withheld by the military:

My question is, how can one not be skeptical in the face of so little evidence? 

Ever wondered why such clear images would have been classified? Watching the grainy infrared videos is one thing, but observing the same objects in crystal clarity via video cameras is yet another, which is why there were sailors who were shaken by what was depicted in those classified crystal-clear videos as the objects maneuvered during the encounters. Think about that for a moment.

The initial grainy infrared videos depicted actual objects which was confirmed by the information displayed in the videos. Question is, when I provided accurate cut-and-pasted information that proved the objects were real, why did skeptics trash my accurate cut-and-paste information and claim the videos were fake? What was their reaction when the Pentagon and Navy later confirmed that the videos were real?

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

It doesn't make any difference as long as the information is factual. Cut-and-pasting accurate information is a convenient way to present accurate information.  Ever wondered why I have challenged skeptics to prove me wrong on what I have been posting? Think for a moment as to why they have failed to provide the specific information I've requested. 

Ever wondered why such clear images would have been classified? Watching the grainy infrared videos is one thing, but observing the same objects in crystal clarity via video cameras is yet another, which is why there were sailors who were shaken by what was depicted in those classified crystal-clear videos as the objects maneuvered during the encounters. Think about that for a moment.

The initial grainy infrared videos depicted actual objects which was confirmed by the information displayed in the videos. Question is, when I provided accurate cut-and-pasted information that proved the objects were real, why did skeptics trash my accurate cut-and-paste information and claim the videos were fake? What was their reaction when the Pentagon and Navy later confirmed that the videos were real?

You were asked why it was classified.  You couldn't answer.  It's almost as if you have no knowledge about how information is classified.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Trelane said:

I took a few moments last night, and it didn't take too long to find the statement made by the actual person who took the photo. Here's a brief spoiler, he never claimed it was aliens or UFOs. 

Who cares??? I never said that Alpert had other beliefs, and I never denied it, either because that opinion means nothing. What are you on about??

9 hours ago, Trelane said:

"How To Tell the New York Times from the Weekly World News"

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2002/05/the-new-york-times-peddles-flying-saucer-pics.html

"...That’s because the picture is already in the public domain! The ad acknowledges this in a backhanded way with a photo credit for “Shell R. Alpert/U.S. Coast Guard.*” (The asterisk indicates that a copy signed by the photographer is available, on request, at an unspecified additional cost.) A call to the Coast Guard historian’s office confirmed that prints of the flying-saucer photo are available at the cost of reproduction, which is about $15. And since the Coast Guard (not the Times) possesses the original negative, the $15 version is very likely of superior quality."

"Where did the flying-saucer picture come from? Well, it seems that on the morning of July 16, 1952, a 21-year-old Coast Guard photographer named Shell Alpert was getting ready to clean a camera in the Salem, Mass., Air Station when, according to an August 1952 Coast Guard press release,

'he noticed several brilliant lights in the sky. He watched them for 5 or 6 seconds, then called another Coast Guardsman in the nearby sick bay to come and see the strange sight. In those few seconds, the brilliant white of the lights had dimmed somewhat, but when it suddenly brightened again, he grabbed the camera, clicked the shutter, and this photograph is the result. Notice the bars of light that seem to extend in front of and behind the round “objects,” which appear in “V” formation.'

"Chatterbox has no idea what the Coast Guard was insinuating in that last sentence, but it captures the emotional climate of the time. “I never said it was a flying saucer or anything like that,” Alpert, now in the twilight of a very successful career in direct marketing, informed Chatterbox. He just took the picture, passed it along to a superior, and was immediately told to classify it as top-secret (even though Alpert didn’t have top-secret clearance). There ensued visits from the Air Force, from a Harvard astrophysicist, and from assorted intelligence officers. “These people interviewed me till I was going out of my head,” Alpert recalled. They asked him if what he saw could have been a reflection of some sort. “Sure could,” he answered."

Oh Earl, you do it to yourself man, you really do.

WHAT did I do to myself??? There is not one thing that you posted that contradicts what I said. You wanted a photo of UFO's, you got one.

Alpert doesn't think they are UFO's...? by definition, they are - unless he identified them, and he didn't. Project Bluebook investigated and could not come to a conclusion.
That should tell you something. Or perhaps you believe they are U-2's.

Just to demonstrate how foolish your stance is here, if those objects are *not* UFO's, then what are they?
What did Alpert say they were? what did Bluebook say they were? Anybody...? 

Bottom line: Do you agree that the photo shows - as I said that it did, unidentified flying objects?? 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You were asked why it was classified.  You couldn't answer.  It's almost as if you have no knowledge about how information is classified.

Why did the Pentagon and the Air Force attempt to block members of Congress from reviewing UFO photos and interview the pilots involved at Eglin AFB? Why did the Army coverup the Roswell incident?  Why did the government classify those crystal-clear Navy UFO videos? Why did the Air Force claim the UFO that trailed an RB-47 jet bomber over multiple states was an American Airlines propeller-driven DC-6 that was hundreds of miles away from the incident and not capable for flying at the speed and altitude of an RB-47? 

Because there are those who feel that we are not ready to see what has shaken military personnel, commercial pilots and even some members of Congress who reviewed classified information and videos regarding UFO encounters. Case in point was that 1960 Brookings Institute's report to NASA warning of dire consequences should aliens be revealed and in case you missed it, take a look.

1960 Brookings Report to NASA

SPACE-LIFE REPORT COULD BE SHOCK,

UFOI, Vol. I, No. II (Dec 1960 - Jan 1961 issue)

The discovery of intelligent space beings could have a severe effect on the public, according to a research report released by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. The report warned that America should prepare to meet the psychological impact of such a revelation. The 190-page report was the result of a $96,000 one-year study conducted by the Brookings Institution for NASA's long-range study committee. Public realization that intelligent beings live on other planets could bring about profound changes, or even the collapse of our civilization, the research report stated.

http://www.nicap.org/waves/1960BrookingsNYT1215.htm

Remember, Senator Barry Goldwater was viciously denied access to alien bodies and wreckage at Wright-Patterson AFB when he requested access. In case you have forgotten, General Arthur E. Exon, former commanding officer of Wright-Patterson AFB, and the officer who flew over the Roswell crash area, had stated for the record that: "...Roswell was the recovery of a craft from space." Amazingly, that is what Col. Raymond Madson, the Air Force officer who headed Project High Dive, which was the crash test dummy program of the 1950's that was brought up in the Air Force's 1997 Roswell Report to explain away the alien bodies people saw in 1947, has also stated: "It was ET!"

Edited by skyeagle409

18 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Why did the Pentagon and the Air Force attempt to block members of Congress from reviewing UFO photos and interview the pilots involved at Eglin AFB? Why did the Army coverup the Roswell incident?  Why did the government classify those crystal-clear Navy UFO videos? Why did the Air Force claim the UFO that trailed an RB-47 jet bomber over multiple states was an American Airlines propeller-driven DC-6 that was hundreds of miles away from the incident and not capable for flying at the speed and altitude of an RB-47? 

Because there are those who feel that we are not ready to see what has shaken military personnel, commercial pilots and even some members of Congress who reviewed classified information and videos regarding UFO encounters. Case in point was that 1960 Brookings Institute's report to NASA warning of dire consequences should aliens be revealed and in case you missed it, take a look.

1960 Brookings Report to NASA

SPACE-LIFE REPORT COULD BE SHOCK,

UFOI, Vol. I, No. II (Dec 1960 - Jan 1961 issue)

The discovery of intelligent space beings could have a severe effect on the public, according to a research report released by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. The report warned that America should prepare to meet the psychological impact of such a revelation. The 190-page report was the result of a $96,000 one-year study conducted by the Brookings Institution for NASA's long-range study committee. Public realization that intelligent beings live on other planets could bring about profound changes, or even the collapse of our civilization, the research report stated.

http://www.nicap.org/waves/1960BrookingsNYT1215.htm

Remember, Senator Barry Goldwater was viciously denied access to alien bodies and wreckage at Wright-Patterson AFB when he requested access. In case you have forgotten, General Arthur E. Exon, former commanding officer of Wright-Patterson AFB, and the officer who flew over the Roswell crash area, had stated for the record that: "...Roswell was the recovery of a craft from space." Amazingly, that is what Col. Raymond Madson, the Air Force officer who headed Project High Dive, which was the crash test dummy program of the 1950's that was brought up in the Air Force's 1997 Roswell Report to explain away the alien bodies people saw in 1947, has also stated: "It was ET!"

That report is from 1960.  Furthermore, you haven't even read The Report.  The Report does not suggest to withold information.

You've been asked about the DOD security classification process - and avoided answering.  It's likely you ignorant to why information is classified.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

That report is from 1960.  Furthermore, you haven't even read The Report.  The Report does not suggest to withold information.

You've been asked about the DOD security classification process - and avoided answering.  It's likely you ignorant to why information is classified.

Seem you missed where it said: "Mankind is warned to Prepare for Discovery of Life in Space - Brookings Institution Report Says Earth's Civilization Might Topple if faced by a Race of Superior Beings" "Even on earth, it added, "societies sure of their own place have disintegrated when confronted by a superior society, and others have survived even though changed."

That is a very good reason why certain UFO reports are classified, and another reason is:

Classified UFO videos would 'harm national security' if released, Navy says

The Navy admitted it has a lot more footage of UFOs — but won't share them anytime soon

The U.S. Navy holds unseen videos of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) — or unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), as the Department of Defense (DOD) prefers to call them — but will not release the footage publicly because it would "harm national security," a Navy spokesperson wrote.

The U.S. Navy says that releasing any additional UFO videos would “harm national security” and told a government transparency website that all of the government’s UFO videos are classified information. 

Edited by skyeagle409

4 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

Seem you missed where it said: "Mankind is warned to Prepare for Discovery of Life in Space - Brookings Institution Report Says Earth's Civilization Might Topple if faced by a Race of Superior Beings" "Even on earth, it added, "societies sure of their own place have disintegrated when confronted by a superior society, and others have survived even though changed."

That is a very good reason why certain UFO reports are classified, and another reason is:

Classified UFO videos would 'harm national security' if released, Navy says

The Navy admitted it has a lot more footage of UFOs — but won't share them anytime soon

The U.S. Navy holds unseen videos of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) — or unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), as the Department of Defense (DOD) prefers to call them — but will not release the footage publicly because it would "harm national security," a Navy spokesperson wrote.

The U.S. Navy says that releasing any additional UFO videos would “harm national security” and told a government transparency website that all of the government’s UFO videos are classified information. 

Yes you have proved you haven't read the Brookings Report.  You're just regurtitaing a true believer's musing.  The ending of the paragraph for your quote reads:

Clearly, the better we can come to understand the factors involved in responding to such crises the better prepared we may be.

The Report doesn't recommend secrecy.

If you can make the effort to read the report you will read speculation about finding artifacts of intelligent or semi intelligent life on the moon.

The Report was conducted in response to attitudes about the Mercury Program.

You're way out of date.  Join us in the 21st Century.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Yes you have proved you haven't read the Brookings Report.  You're just regurtitaing a true believer's musing.  The ending of the paragraph for your quote reads:

The Report doesn't recommend secrecy.

If you can make the effort to read the report you will read speculation about finding artifacts of intelligent or semi intelligent life on the moon.

The Report was conducted in response to attitudes about the Mercury Program.

You're way out of date.  Join us in the 21st Century.

The report clearly states a valid reason not to reveal ET, especially where it says: "Earth's civilization might topple if faced by a race of superior beings."

1 hour ago, skyeagle409 said:

The report clearly states a valid reason not to reveal ET, especially where it says: "Earth's civilization might topple if faced by a race of superior beings."

That is an out and out lie.  The word topple does not even appear in The Report. 

More proof that you are not familiar with the report yourself, and are just parroting someone else's words that you barely even comprehend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

That is an out and out lie.  The word topple does not even appear in The Report. 

Apparently, you didn't even understand the significance of what the report is all about. Take a look here.

Mankind Is Warned to Prepare For Discovery of Life in Space; Brookings Institution Report Says Earth's Civilization Might Topple if faced by a Race of Superior Beings - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

1 hour ago, skyeagle409 said:

You lied about that report when you said it contained the word "topple".  Quoting from a source other than the original material reinforces your incompetance.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You lied about that report when you said it contained the word "topple".  Quoting from a source other than the original material reinforces your incompetance.

Seems you have missed the boat again. Now, explain where the word, "Topple" came from.

Mankind Is Warned to Prepare For Discovery of Life in Space; Brookings Institution Report Says Earth's Civilization Might Topple if faced by a Race of Superior Beings

Mankind Is Warned to Prepare For Discovery of Life in Space; Brookings Institution Report Says Earth's Civilization Might Topple if faced by a Race of Superior Beings - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

2 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

Seems you have missed the boat again. Now, explain where the word, "Topple" came from.

Mankind Is Warned to Prepare For Discovery of Life in Space; Brookings Institution Report Says Earth's Civilization Might Topple if faced by a Race of Superior Beings

Why should I speculate on your motivation to lie? All the audience needs to know is that "topple" did not come from The Brookings Report being discussed.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/13/2023 at 2:35 AM, skyeagle409 said:

I also saw a UFO over my base in Vietnam that was definitely not an aircraft as it approached from over the sea, which was covered up by the Air Force, and then, I was sent to another base that was involved in an investigation of another incident regarding the 1967 Malmstrom AFB incident where a UFO disabled Minuteman missiles because we were a depot for the Minuteman missile. Eventually, I found that just about every SAC base reported UFOs affecting their missiles and years later, I became aware that our DSP satellites were tracking UFOs as they approached Earth from deep space and enter the atmosphere where is some cases, the objects simply returned back into space. 

I was also aware that those grainy Navy videos were not the clear images that the aircrew and sailors back on the ships were observing. I might add that those clear UFO images are classified. In addition, the aircraft carried multiple dissimilar sensors, in other words, the UFOs that were tracked on radar were also captured by cameras as well as by infrared sensors that corroborated what the radar was tracking. In other words, optical and infrared sensors confirming that the UFOs were intelligently controlled craft as noted by their maneuvering capabilities. Add to the fact that another radar system detected some of those UFOs in low earth orbit before they descended to 80,000 feet. 

You already said that the Pentagon said that ET were real.  But since they said they are not...that there is NO evidence.  Then, if we want to believe the Pentagon, then everything you just said is just so much Fooey!  

Fooey on youey!

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Why should I speculate on your motivation to lie? All the audience needs to know is that "topple" did not come from The Brookings Report being discussed.

Sorry, but doesn't work for you because you didn't bother to do your homework as to where the word: "topple," came from and its significance. :alien:

Edited by skyeagle409

5 hours ago, joc said:

You already said that the Pentagon said that ET were real.  But since they said they are not...that there is NO evidence.  Then, if we want to believe the Pentagon, then everything you just said is just so much Fooey!  

Fooey on youey!

So, you want to believe the Pentagon. Okay, let's take a look here. Do you remember this?

"Ruling out aliens? Senior U.S. general says not ruling out anything yet."

Ruling out aliens? Senior U.S. general says not ruling out anything yet | Reuters

So, the U.S. Air Force general deferred to the U. S. Intelligence experts, so let's hear what they have been saying in case you missed it.

CIA and UFOs 

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFO's come from and what their purpose is..." 

Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter Director, Central Intelligence Agency 1947-1950 

EX-C.I.A. CHIEF WANTS UFO PROBE (cia.gov)

It is time for the truth to be brought out... Behind the scenes
high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.... I urge immediate Congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about unidentified flying objects. 

Former CIA Director Vice Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter signed statement to Congress, August 22, 1960. 

UFOs display tech US doesn’t have and can’t defend against, ex-intelligence chief Ratcliffe says. 

UFOs buzzing US warships may be aliens: Top spy chief 

Jim SemivanVeteran CIA officer 

They are other world-, or other dimension-, or other something, but they are definitely not ours and they are not Chinese, and they are not Russian, and everybody in the government knows that.” 

Edited by skyeagle409

43 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Sorry, but doesn't work for you because you didn't bother to do your homework as to where the word: "topple," came from and its significance. :alien:

The "topple" comment did not come from The Brookings Report we are discussing. It is a falsehood to say it did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The "topple" comment did not come from The Brookings Report we are discussing. It is a falsehood to say it did.

Apparently, you just don't get it. :lol:

6 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Apparently, you just don't get it. :lol:

We all get that you lied about what was said in The Brookings Report when you were called out on not being familiar the contents of The Brookings Report.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

We all get that you lied about what was said in The Brookings Report when you were called out on not being familiar the contents of The Brookings Report.

I heard it all before from skeptics who've claimed that a weather balloon was responsible for the Roswell incident. 

SPACE-LIFE REPORT COULD BE SHOCK, UFOI, Vol. I, No. II (Dec 1960 - Jan 1961 issue)

"Societies sure of their own place have disintegrated when confronted by a superior society," said the NASA report. "

Now, it's time to get back on track.

UFO HACKED NUCLEAR CODES 

Russia and the USA were on the brink of nuclear war because of UFO attacks on military bases where nuclear missiles were on alert. Sensational documents and other evidence confirm that the Soviet military base near Byelokoroviche, Ukraine, and the U.S. Air Force base near Minot, North Dakota, were attacked by aliens from space. Hovering over the missiles, [in each incident,] a UFO in a matter of seconds hacked the codes required to launch them, nearly unleashing a Third World War. Journalists working for Life found revealing documents about [the Ukrainian incident] and located eyewitnesses to the alien attack. 

Edited by skyeagle409

On 8/15/2023 at 10:10 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Bottom line: Do you agree that the photo shows - as I said that it did, unidentified flying objects?? 

Bottom line, that isn't what i had proposed initially and you know it. Go ahead back in the thread to see what I had challenged. You failed and now are trying to change the parameters to save face.(again)

Same old Earl, full of laughs.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, skyeagle409 said:

I heard it all before from skeptics who've claimed that a weather balloon was responsible for the Roswell incident. 

SPACE-LIFE REPORT COULD BE SHOCK, UFOI, Vol. I, No. II (Dec 1960 - Jan 1961 issue)

"Societies sure of their own place have disintegrated when confronted by a superior society," said the NASA report. "

That's hypothetical. It doesn't mean technological humanoid aliens exist. Because humanoid aliens are biologically impossible unless Earth has a twin that went through the exact same environmental changes.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2023 at 6:56 PM, skyeagle409 said:

Ever wondered why such clear images would have been classified?

There's a very VERY obvious reason (assuming such images really exist in the first place)

Just not the one you want it to be ;) 

• Thanks 2