Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pilot posts documented UFO sighting

pellinore

Anyone else finding they cannot view the video? Tried it with chrome and edge.

EDITED to add that yup, nearly black screen throughout the entire video. Thanks Eldorado.

Underwhelming video.

Edited by esoteric_toad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:

Anyone else finding they cannot view the video? Tried it with chrome and edge.

I can view it with Edge.  It's mostly darkness.

• Like 2

I didn’t see anything convincing.  Just one little dot in an otherwise black screen.

In before skeptics with tag-teamed-my-wife-or-it-didn’t-happen thresholds for reality weigh in and dismiss the event cause phone camera picture out windscreen isn’t 4k.

Crap!

• Like 2

If the observer can give the date and time and the direction they were looking the target can be identified.

The experiment was conducted in this very forum in the Golden Duck Standard thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

On the picture it look like other airliners with trail of condensation in the sunlight....

Spoiler Alert! 

It could have been anything. I bet it was a UFO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Spoiler Alert! 

I'm not interested enough in these phenomena to even be a sceptic, but I DO pay attention if the report is from someone who is a professional who lives in that world - aloft and capable of judging distances, vectors, weather conditions and so forth.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Trelane said:

DISCLOSURE!!!!!!!!

What is the obsession with who said it and whether you deem them to be the voice of authority and the magical statement you will finally listen to? just open your eyes and look for yourself people.

2 hours ago, Nicolette said:

What is the obsession with who said it and whether you deem them to be the voice of authority and the magical statement you will finally listen to? just open your eyes and look for yourself people.

What is your obsession with commenting on an obviously sarcastic comment only intended for comedic purposes? My commentary has never been deeming anyone worthy or anything liek that. I provide a contrasting opinion that apparently gets the ETH folks like yourself all worked up because I don't join the blind echo chamber of comments.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

What is your obsession with commenting on an obviously sarcastic comment only intended for comedic purposes? My commentary has never been deeming anyone worthy or anything liek that. I provide a contrasting opinion that apparently gets the ETH folks like yourself all worked up because I don't join the blind echo chamber of comments.

The comment was in general and youre hardly getting anyone worked up, as badly as you seem to wish you could. Don't get your panties in a wad just because i quoted you in my comment. Clearly I wasn't referring to THAT comment, just the doggedly persistent ridiculousness of the holy grail of disclosure you seem to seek. Anyone who "provides" nonstop heckling of people trying to share information is standing in the way of progress, its childish really and the reason for our current state of affairs.  But it's  been entertaining watching the reactions of the same exact people that were recently posting about "why do only hillbillies see them and not pilots" and "why doesn't anyone in the services speak up" immediately find reasons to still deny the statements. 

Some people are here because they are passionate about sharing information and facilitating education, and some are here because they like devoting time to hindering that development, and ridiculing and discouraging those who share thier experiences, with no basis other than thier own shortsightedness. Don't get yourself all worked up just because you think your opinion is providing a special contrast from reality, but i did include you in the quote because the shoe definitely fits and you would be a great person to explain why you are wearing it had you been self aware enough to stand behind your usual standpoint.

Edited by Nicolette
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nicolette said:

The comment was in general and youre hardly getting anyone worked up, as badly as you seem to wish you could. Don't get your panties in a wad just because i quoted you in my comment. Clearly I wasn't referring to THAT comment, just the doggedly persistent ridiculousness of the holy grail of disclosure you seem to seek. Anyone who "provides" nonstop heckling of people trying to share information is standing in the way of progress, its childish really and the reason for our current state of affairs.  But it's  been entertaining watching the reactions of the same exact people that were recently posting about "why do only hillbillies see them and not pilots" and "why doesn't anyone in the services speak up" immediately find reasons to still deny the statements. 

Some people are here because they are passionate about sharing information and facilitating education, and some are here because they like devoting time to hindering that development, and ridiculing and discouraging those who share thier experiences, with no basis other than thier own shortsightedness. Don't get yourself all worked up just because you think your opinion is providing a special contrast from reality, but i did include you in the quote because the shoe definitely fits and you would be a great person to explain why you are wearing it had you been self aware enough to stand behind your usual standpoint.

Yet here you are with a lengthy response. I haven't ridiculed anyone, definitely not you. I have however, dismissed items some have proposed sure, but never ridiculed. The Mods certainly wouldn't stand for anyone getting ridiculed directly here anyway. My standpoint is primarily based off of my experiences and access throughout my military career. That's all. My criticisms and exceptions have been to content, not any poster's character (except for one).

I certainly don't get "worked up" over this topic. My only real agitation has come with one poster in particular who has been caught lying about service in the US Air Force and in Vietnam. Being career military and coming from a military family I take the scummy action of stolen valor seriously.

I take the topic of ETs and alien craft visiting as a sort of amusing hobby. Like a simple jigsaw puzzle others seem to be unable to make the pieces fit.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicolette said:

Some people are here because they are passionate about sharing information and facilitating education, and some are here because they like devoting time to hindering that development, and ridiculing and discouraging those who share thier experiences, with no basis other than thier own shortsightedness. 

a) Sharing information? An apparently blank vid, and accompanying waffle that could have been written by anyone?  If this 'calibre' of evidence was offered by someone you disagreed with you'd be vocally scornful, and rightly so.

b) Actively hindering development?  What, by asking for meaningful evidence?  By asking to review evidence?  Or by looking for alternative (and, let's be honest, far more likely) explanations?

c) Short-sightedness?  The only reason anyone can possibly disagree with you is intellectual myopia?  Is it really inconceivable that the main objection to alien explanations for UFOs is the utter absence of any credible evidence?  This thread being a case in point: how desperate much someone be to believe, to be persuaded that a blank video is convincing evidence of ETs?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/20/2023 at 12:28 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Spoiler Alert! 

Only, it really couldn't be just anything. The witness had a position that requires great vision, perception, ability to think under pressure, has radar back up, sees more hours of real life stuff in the air... and he dismissed it all

So it clearly doesn't fit what he normally sees and so can't be a weather balloon, or Jupiter. It's also highly unlikely he was drunk or in some sort of hysteria or any other such nonsense that gets posted here.

Unless it's some vastly advanced tech from Earth, where else is it from?

• Like 2

On 8/19/2023 at 11:45 PM, Cho Jinn said:

In before skeptics with tag-teamed-my-wife-or-it-didn’t-happen thresholds for reality weigh in and dismiss the event cause phone camera picture out windscreen isn’t 4k.

Crap!

It's a proven fact that no alien aircraft (or spacecraft) has ever appeared to a person with a decent camera and the ability to use it ;)    They only ever appear to people with cheap phones and the photographic skills of a dead whelk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Essan said:

It's a proven fact that no alien aircraft (or spacecraft) has ever appeared to a person with a decent camera and the ability to use it ;)    They only ever appear to people with cheap phones and the photographic skills of a dead whelk.

Your whelkophobia has been reported.

• Haha 1

I see we have another Pettytalk on our hands. How could we get so lucky? Oh brother. <_<

Edited by Trelane
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I see we have another Pettytalk on our hands. How could we get so lucky? Oh brother. <_<

I remember him, and Mr. Walker. I was still just lurking  then but oh boy they were something.

• Like 1

Just now, Antigonos said:

I remember him, and Mr. Walker. I was still just lurking  then but oh boy they were something.

Every so often we seem to get that kind of mentality (personality?) in here.

Now I know why some of the more senior members here have such a short fuse for B.S.

• Like 2