Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man miraculously survives attack after two bullets ricochet off his head

UM-Bot

Didn't the attempted murderer realize that breaking the law is illegal?
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A man in Mexico City recently survived being shot twice in the head thanks to a freak combination of circumstances.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/369664/man-miraculously-survives-attack-after-two-bullets-ricochet-off-his-head

It's evolution in action: we're getting thicker skulls to be able to survive attacks by thugs.

So, back to Neanderthal times.

• Haha 6

I’m not sure if this should be considered a good day or a bad day for the man.  On the one hand, he lived to see another day, on the other hand, it sure stinks to get shot….so….anyway.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A man in Mexico City recently survived being shot twice in the head thanks to a freak combination of circumstances.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/369664/man-miraculously-survives-attack-after-two-bullets-ricochet-off-his-head

I difficulty believing this one, unless they were glancing hits. Small caliber rounds have little to do with it for head shots, in fact hit men used 22 cal rounds for years. The reason they were used them is because they would stay in the skull and do more damage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edumakated said:

People do survive headshots...

Yes but rarely, depends upon where the bullet enters the head and the amount of damage done to the brain.

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Edumakated said:

People do survive headshots...

I know someone who lived through a bad one and isn't as functional anymore, but i also know someone who got shot in the head with a 22 and was just left with a tiny pockmark on the forehead to show for it.

From a distance a 22 can easily ricochet off a skull and often does. The article doesn't say what kind of gun, only that it was a small caliber so i'm willing to bet it was something like this. Apparently according to studies around 40% of .22 headshot victims survive.

Edited by Nicolette
  • Like 2