Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why did god NOT save her?

Dejarma

2 minutes ago, jpeniel333 said:

step outside of the darkened rooms that they are in, stop blindly waving their arms around and grabbing at false doctrine and sogmatic traditions

that's religion in general mate 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jpeniel333 said:

Until then, when people want actual real answers, they will step outside of the darkened rooms that they are in, stop blindly waving their arms around and grabbing at false doctrine and dogmatic traditions, and find what they are seeking eventually. 

Yeah, you realizing all of it is a fabrication. From every spiritual to religious ideology and whatever is in between. All of it is false. Every time someone thinks they've found god, they have latched on to their own idea of what god is. Every bit of it is man-made. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jpeniel333 said:

You will just need to go back and study some more I guess.  I don't have the strength to fix such extensive level of misconceptions.  May I suggest reading from the original texts prior to their bias translations?  Probably too much trouble for you since most people get their education from The University of YouTube these days.  But you go ahead and do you.  Until then, when people want actual real answers, they will step outside of the darkened rooms that they are in, stop blindly waving their arms around and grabbing at false doctrine and sogmatic traditions, and find what they are seeking eventually.  It's there.  Until then, just run around in the dark with your arms full and slam into a few walls until it becomes too much to handle for you.  I dunno.  God bless.

Which original texts are you referring to?  Please be specific.

26 minutes ago, jpeniel333 said:

You will just need to go back and study some more I guess.  I don't have the strength to fix such extensive level of misconceptions.  May I suggest reading from the original texts prior to their bias translations?  Probably too much trouble for you since most people get their education from The University of YouTube these days.  But you go ahead and do you.  Until then, when people want actual real answers, they will step outside of the darkened rooms that they are in, stop blindly waving their arms around and grabbing at false doctrine and sogmatic traditions, and find what they are seeking eventually.  It's there.  Until then, just run around in the dark with your arms full and slam into a few walls until it becomes too much to handle for you.  I dunno.  God bless.

You may suggest it all you want.....but that doesn't make it possible.  Apparently, it is you who needs an education in Bible studies.  There are no original texts.  They don't exist.  Since there are no original bible texts available to study anywhere in the world, your point is actually kind of meaningless isn't it? 

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

But that's no penance, that's a good Friday night in front of the TV.

Your condition is far mor serious than I first realized. 😟

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

You may suggest it all you want.....but that doesn't make it possible.  Apparently, it is you who needs an education in Bible studies.  There are no original texts.  They don't exist.  Since there are no original bible texts available to study anywhere in the world, your point is actually kind of meaningless isn't it? 

Wow.  Those must have been ancient legos that they found.  Ok, whatever you say.

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

that's religion in general mate 

Can't say I disagree with you.

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

Which original texts are you referring to?  Please be specific.

By original texts, I am referring to the original languages in which they were presented.  Hebrew, Aramaic, Koine Greek.  There are others but it would just be argumentative here.  Some of these were also translated to latin prior to be translated to other languages including English where various words took on new mistranslated meanings.

2 hours ago, jpeniel333 said:

Wow.  Those must have been ancient legos that they found.  Ok, whatever you say.

What?  No….sorry, no ancient legos and no original manuscripts.  But, I thought you said you were edumacated and an educated person in Biblical Studies, would know that there are no original manuscripts available….but, you did not know that.  So, maybe you are not so edumacated on the Bible after all.  Yet, you get all huffy as if you do.

2 hours ago, jpeniel333 said:

By original texts, I am referring to the original languages in which they were presented.  Hebrew, Aramaic, Koine Greek.  There are others but it would just be argumentative here.  Some of these were also translated to latin prior to be translated to other languages including English where various words took on new mistranslated meanings.

Well, at least you know the language original texts were written in, but anyone could google that in ten seconds flat.  Anyway, the original languages are one thing in Biblical Studies, and original texts are another thing.  Since there are no original texts of the Bible in existence and haven’t been for a really long time, the Bible as we know it and the variations that you hint at are a result of copies of copies of copies of copies that have all been independently retranslated with obvious errors that are documented in academia.  

You would know this even if all you did was read Bart Ehrman’s book “Misquoting Jesus.”

And that is not to mention the fact that the cannon itself has been spuriously chosen, to include fighting physically among the bishops who approved it.  Many books of the original Hebrew Canon were dropped, as well as some New Testament books.

• Thanks 1

What?  No….sorry, no ancient legos and no original manuscripts.  But, I thought you said you were edumacated and an educated person in Biblical Studies, would know that there are no original manuscripts available….but, you did not know that.  So, maybe you are not so edumacated on the Bible after all.  Yet, you get all huffy as if you do.

Why are you trying to be funny?  And who said anything about manuscripts?  What the hell are you talking about?  then again... Nevermind....  I doubt you would do anything but try to cover your follishness by coming up with some more nonsensical jargon again.

Well, at least you know the language original texts were written in, but anyone could google that in ten seconds flat.

I can also Google my street name but I don't have to do that just to find out where I live.  thanks for proving to me that you are just being a troll at this point.  Later.

13 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Your condition is far more serious than I first realized. 😟

You're not wrong, I don't even own a TV. :no:

Edited by Crazy Horse

17 hours ago, superman73 said:

Lol..Are you adult? Swearing really? The indoctrination is deep with you my friend!

To be fair, there is a big difference between swearing in a nasty, insulting way, to deliberately cause offence and hurt to someone, trying to bully someone into keeping quiet, and using swear words as a kind of extra punctuation mark, or something..

I do the latter now and then, but hardly ever get personal just because I happen to disagree with someone's POV.

On 10/16/2023 at 11:03 PM, jpeniel333 said:

Just having trouble understanding why people judge truth against fictitious dogma. 

Don't we all do this every day?  There is a fairly steady stream of untrue claims presented to all of us on a daily basis, it's entirely normal to determine what the truth actually is.  It's not like this dogma doesn't affect millions of people, shouldn't we judge the truth against it?

On 10/16/2023 at 11:03 PM, jpeniel333 said:

It's like when someone asks if God can create a boulder too heavy for him to lift ...completely oblivious to the fact that God IS the boulder.

I've never heard this explanation and don't really see any reason to think it's a correct conceptualization or that what you say is 'the fact'.  Are the other boulders that God can already lift not God?  There are other ways around this question, namely that 'a boulder that he who can lift all boulders cannot lift' is a contradiction and is thus at best undefined and has no meaning. The questioner is then asking an invalid question, they don't understand what some of the things they are asking actually mean, it's like asking 'is my jibberish true'.  

On 10/16/2023 at 11:34 PM, jpeniel333 said:
  1. Miracles are not for the believer.  It's for the non-believers.
  2. "you can do and greater things" ...He was talking to his disciples (unless ...number 3).  
  3. For miracles... It requires 2 or 3 to gather in his name (why do you think he sent his disciples out two at a time?. 
  4. And you have to understand what that really means "In His Name".  Just saying it is pointless.  
  5. Yehoshua said it many times ....His Kingdom is not of this world.  Stop blaming God and Blame the prince of this world or his followers or the people influenced by them that are IN THIS WORLD.  

1 - Is this in the bible somewhere?  There are an astonishing number of believers today who believe they've witnessed a miracle for these to not really be 'for' them.

3 - My bible just says that Jesus will be present when 2 or 3 gather in his name, I don't see where this is a requirement for miracles.  Furthermore he says that if you believe you will receive what you pray for, it doesn't mention there that more believers are needed.

5 - The 'prince of this world' didn't create evil, God did.  Did Satan create diseases too?  This to me is a lame cop-out, princes typically have kings above them, and everything that is happening here is ordained or at best allowed by God.  All evil that occurs here is a result of God creating evil as a possibility and by God allowing evil to happen, he's exactly who should be blamed.  The supposed problem with this world is not 'the prince', it is sin, something that is in no way restricted to just the followers of Satan nor even introduced to this world by him.

Or is there something about the translations you were referring to that is missing in my responses?

16 hours ago, jpeniel333 said:

Wow.  Typical arrogance of a bible thumper, only you are thumping something else somehow.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, jpeniel333 said:

I can also Google my street name but I don't have to do that just to find out where I live.  thanks for proving to me that you are just being a troll at this point.  Later.

To be fair, I was not trolling, because I’m not a troll.  I’m an active member who has been here a long time.  But when you first came into this thread you presented a snarky attitude as if you knew more about the Bible than the rest of us, just because you are a believer and that’s just not the case.  There are many of us here in this section of the forum who have studied the Bible for a long time and know as much about it, or more than you do, and I think it’s pretty arrogant of you to dismiss us as a bunch of Bible dummies when in fact we are not.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

- My bible just says that Jesus will be present when 2 or 3 gather in his name, I don't see where this is a requirement for miracles.  Furthermore he says that if you believe you will receive what you pray for, it doesn't mention there that more believers are needed.

There is that whole mustard seed and mountains thing. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jpeniel333 said:

Can you read Bible texts in their original languages?  Do you know Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic?

• Thanks 1

Where is the sacrifice? Let's say you make a bargain with God. A year of your life for a year of someone to live. Then find yourself as their caregiver. Thus losing a year while they gain one. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jpeniel333 said:

Why are you trying to be funny?  And who said anything about manuscripts?  What the hell are you talking about?  then again... Nevermind....  I doubt you would do anything but try to cover your follishness by coming up with some more nonsensical jargon again.

You simply made a mistake, and now you’re embarrassed and you’d like to blame me for it.  I quoted you as saying I should read original texts of the Bible if I wish to know what I’m talking about, not that I should study original languages the Bible was written in.  Those are two different things as I pointed out.  There are no original manuscripts remaining in the world, so it is impossible to study them.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 10:24 PM, Dejarma said:

I've a strong feeling not many <Religious> folk will reply & attempt to explain why 

Well I am not a 'Christian' but a nondual Hindu thinker and I'll give you some of my thoughts on the 'Problem of Evil'.

I look at life from the perspective that life is eternal and we are in the process of learning that. We live as individuals for eons and not one life. We all return to godhead in the end. If one could see one's life from separation from godhead through the eons to return to godhead then things and temporary sufferings make more sense. What we see as evil are very short temporary events in the grand scheme of things where each individual story ends in success; return to peace/bliss/awareness of godhead.

Plus, I also use the analogy of creation as some grand expansive multi-dimensional artwork. And human problem of evil proponents view from their little speck and dimensional perspective of the artwork and try to judge the entire artwork. Their view is too limited to be meaningful.

I think to understand the answer to the 'Problem of Evil' we need to start thinking in more eastern ways.

1) That we live for eons in a soul developing process; not one body's duration. In that perspective any suffering in one life is short and temporary in this grander view. And even an unfortunate life and death has lessons for that soul and for those seeing and interacting with the unfortunate life.

2) That such things are not as random as they appear. There is chain of cause and effect through time we can not see.

3) That those currently living an unfortunate life will have victory 'enlightenment' at the end of the challenges.

4) That it is God at the core of everything and it is He who experiences the temporary good and bad fortunes. It is ultimately not Him imposing it on other separate beings. It is His play/drama where He separates Himself from Himself and returns Himself to Himself but this play ends with a happy ending for all. In any great play/drama there is always drama/suffering in the middle.

Also in contrast to our normal thinking that only acknowledges the importance of the physical, I have heard many with spiritual insight say that there is actually a demand by older souls for more challenging conditions. More souls wanting those lives than there are such lives available for rebirth. More merit can be attained and bad karma wiped out.