Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why did god NOT save her?

Dejarma

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Disappointing only to the ignorant.

Why are you disappointed?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I've no idea what the God of the Bible has to do with any of this!!

Because that’s the God you consistently refer to and the God specifically referred to by the OP?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

"Oh happy chance!"

"I was the victim of a series of accidents, as are we all."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

To me its the only thing that can make any sense of this whole thing we call life.

Who says this thing we call life is supposed to make sense?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Answer this:

why did god NOT save her? Especially when god (it seems) gave her the fekin cancer in the first place! 

I've a strong feeling not many <Religious> folk will reply & attempt to explain why 

Dejarma -

My condolences to you and your friends.

The question  “If God is Love, then why do children die horrible deaths?”  may be unanswerable on a forum like this. Thus far, every response has been based in personal perspective and opinion, which is fine in a discussion, but not very helpful to people who are suffering.

The biblical answer is even more inscrutable: in a world full of pain and suffering, where even innocent children may die horrible deaths, God’s response was to send His son to die a horrible death. That’s not a response that many people would find consoling.

And look at the book that we believers have as our foundation: the first two chapters are full of joy and idyllic happiness, followed by 1,185 chapters that talk of war and suffering and pain, and the introduction of our Messiah. It’s not until the final two chapters, at long last, do we find the promised return of joy and idyllic happiness. At the present moment, we’re all living in those 1,185 chapters. What makes a difference for us believers is our belief that Jesus got down in the dirt with us. We’re not alone in our suffering.

You said that your friends who lost their daughter to cancer have now lost their faith. That may change. As the Bible points out, suffering doesn’t get to have the final word.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Dejarma -

My condolences to you and your friends.

The question  “If God is Love, then why do children die horrible deaths?”  may be unanswerable on a forum like this. Thus far, every response has been based in personal perspective and opinion, which is fine in a discussion, but not very helpful to people who are suffering.

The biblical answer is even more inscrutable: in a world full of pain and suffering, where even innocent children may die horrible deaths, God’s response was to send His son to die a horrible death. That’s not a response that most people would find consoling.

And look at the book that we believers have as our foundation: the first two chapters are full of joy and idyllic happiness, followed by 1,185 chapters that talk of war and suffering and pain. It’s not until the final two chapters, at long last, do we find the promised return of joy and idyllic happiness. At the present moment, we’re all living in those 1,185 chapters. What makes a difference for us believers is our belief that Jesus got down in the dirt with us. We’re not alone in our suffering.

You said that your friends who lost their daughter to cancer have now lost their faith. That may change. As the Bible points out, suffering doesn’t get to have the final word.

This seems more like making excuses. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I remember when I was about 7 asking a Sunday school teacher why was it that god let some children die young. She said it was because they were special and he wanted them next to him in heaven. I'm pretty sure that's the day I decided to go on my own path, be a rebel and make sure god didn't want me up there. I never went back to Sunday school.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Portre said:

I do!  Because if it doesn't make sense...I ain't happy.  If I ain't happy, Mama ain't happy and if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Truth is, it makes perfect sense.  Excellent things happen to horrible people and Horrible things happen to wonderful people.  

It only gets murky when  you shine the light of truth on the dark plasma of God.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Dejarma said:

My Christian friends prayed to god for the life of their daughter who contracted cancer at the age of 2.

At the age of 12 she finally passed on after a life of EXSTREAM pain & suffering!!! Not only for her of course....

Answer this:

why did god NOT save her? Especially when god (it seems) gave her the fekin cancer in the first place! 

I've a strong feeling not many <Religious> folk will reply & attempt to explain why 

There is no explanation, why these things happen and I am sadly speaking from experience. My daughter became sick at 3 1/2 years old, and we lost her in 2012. I am not religious, I have come to the conclusion that what will be, will be and there is no controlling force behind it. I have considered your question many times, and if there were a god why would these things happen. There is nothing worse than the loss of child and that loss never ends.:(

Sorry, I don’t have more to contribute!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

You call that an insult?

More like a marriage proposal in Ozz.. :yes:

not 3nough fist-fights to be a proposal.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Geez, have you and THAT touched on cultivating empathy and compassion in you? 

Is it not a sign of empathy and compassion, to try to understand why people get sick?

And then offer the only real solution, which is a loving attitude.

Karma is infallible and everybody gets whatever is was they sowed, either in this life time, or the next.

Its called taking responsibility for ones actions, instead of this, "GOD is to blame" attitude that really gets us nowhere.

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's sickening that people are willing to blame others for things they have no control over. 

He really need to shut up about love, he doesn't have any. Just another self-righteous turd in the spirituality toilet. 

Love, love love da de da

Love, love love da de da

Love love love - its easy...

All you need is love.

My heart hurts reading his posts clearly this is complete ignorance and has no children of his own. I had MW flashbacks reading this. No parent in their right mind ( unless they were a psychopath) would approach a childhood illness in this way. It is developmentally inappropriate and inhumane it would cause confusion, anxiety and stress not to mention a child of two would have no concept of cancer and mortality, it would only scare them. 

Children are generally more receptive to positive and uplifting experiences, which contribute to their mental and emotional well-being. Focusing on topics that evoke fear or sadness, like cancer and death, can be overwhelming and detrimental to their overall development and would be a complete lack of compassion and empathy. 

CH probably should sit this out. 

What on earth are you talking about?

Or is this just your hatred shinning through?

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The complete apathy reminded me of how he was during my depression phase. Same callousness. Angers me to no end. Kids don't ask to be sick. Adults don't either. I lost a friend from high school last year. She had the same condition I have. Her daughter just turned 5. 

No one ask for this stuff. Then to blame it on past life bull****. What the hell kind of egotistical bubble does a person have to live in to be that inhuman? 

I didn't say anybody had asked for a specific illness, so please apologise.

Spreading lies like this is bad karma, and should be avoided.

11 hours ago, Piney said:

That has nothing to do with teaching them they were "born in sin". 

But I never said that anyone was born of original sin, that would be your strawman to set-up, and knock over.

My Shaman native grandfather died of lung cancer.

My first stepfather died from agent orange full body cancer.

My second stepfather died from metastatic (Black people's) prostrate cancer.

My sister died from breast cancer.

Double **** cancer!!!!!! :angry:

Well perhaps, to save future generations from the same fate, we might want to look at all the carcinogens in our food, our clothes, our toiletries etc, etc, etc... Instead of blaming GOD.

What about genetic cancers? 

"Genetic cancers" are still triggered by something.

Exactly, that falls right in the lap of THAT. 

Only to the ignorant.

Not everybody who has that particular genetic make-up, gets cancer.

Personal lifestyle choices are much more important.

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Why are you disappointed?

But I'm not disappointed in the least.

I know the Law of Karma.

And that makes me, calmer... :yes:

10 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Because that’s the God you consistently refer to and the God specifically referred to by the OP?

See, you think you know me, but the last time I mentioned the God of the Bible, I called him a psychopathic monster.

So stop assuming stuff, and actually read what's being said.

And just to be super clear, the OP is talking about a god, who I have no idea about!!

9 hours ago, Portre said:

The individual can make-up their own minds, if that's ok with you?

Posted (edited)

Maybe the better question is did her parents find joy in her existence, did she? The circumstances of anyone's existence seems to be at once very random and yet also very specific at the same time. If this little girl were born even 20 years ago she probably wouldn't have lived much past her diagnosis, a hundred years ago, her parents probably wouldn't have known what caused her death, 200 years ago, she would have died in great pain without anything to dull her suffering. 

I do not subscribe to a biblical god. If anything, I believe closer to the Greek myths of the Fates mixed with reincarnation. We are an active participant in our choice of life, and like a finite chessboard we move within a framework of moves and countermoves, but are only apportioned a certain amount of time to play. Within that time we do our best to learn, connect, feel joy and experiences before our alloted time ends and we return to a collective consciousness. This is completely my chosen reality. I don't feel the need to explain or defend it, it works for me and it is how I choose to see things. Given I live with pain everyday some days worse than others, I imagine I could be super angry at a diety but to me the idea of one Supreme being is limiting in a nearly limitless universe. I'm sorry your friends lost their daughter, losing children, losing loved ones is devastating. Her life wasn't meaningless or a punishment, nor was it I think in the hands of some god, her life was her own, and she loved those around her while she was here, and they love her still, that is the only reasoning or takeaway. We all suffer to one degree or a thousand, and it all seems random and unfair to some and to others holds a lot of meaning, and some feel it is both. 

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, XenoFish said:

This seems more like making excuses. 

More like a compassionate response..

But then you cant get enough of hating on folk, can you?

Edited by Crazy Horse

54 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

See, you think you know me, but the last time I mentioned the God of the Bible, I called him a psychopathic monster.

So stop assuming stuff, and actually read what's being said.

And just to be super clear, the OP is talking about a god, who I have no idea about!!

And yet you consistently refer to “God”, which capitalised is a proper noun and there is only one being in all the pantheons that uses “God” as a proper noun rather than a job title. So … up your nose with a rubber hose. 
Either have the balls to live within the theology that God is part of or create your own theology and call the god within that framework “Tharg” or whatever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And yet you consistently refer to “God”, which capitalised is a proper noun and there is only one being in all the pantheons that uses “God” as a proper noun rather than a job title. So … up your nose with a rubber hose. 
Either have the balls to live within the theology that God is part of or create your own theology and call the god within that framework “Tharg” or whatever. 

No, I refer to GOD.

Because GOD is above, (so to speak) duality.

In any case the OP uses the word god, who I have no idea which being he is talking about.