Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guyver and Son Cover Song

Guyver

Beautiful :)  you sound good together (genetics:)    The Guyvers !*     

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Guyver said:

Nice guys!  :tsu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will post a link to the rest of the album, you may listen to any that you wish.  One that really stands out to me, and kind of spiritually effects me, is called White Horse Right Turn.

Burning Turning World Album

PS.  The first track is really good too, oh what the hell, I think the whole thing is really good.

Edited by Guyver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying this thread, many thanks guys :tu:

• Like 3

Well ladies and gentlemen, I guess I officially have a band now.  We are called Local Option, we are a trio.  I will post a video of us doing a good number.  It’s me, my boy, and my friend Chris.  I just bought this gear for the band today.  It’s a 600 watt portable PA with ten channels.  Four vocal mic, two instrumental and two for accessories.

image.jpeg.19ae05dfa186d3dcc4cd6e7864aca43e.jpeg

PS.  It’s called Fender Passport Venue Series II.

Edited by Guyver
Add PS.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It can also run a powered sub-woofer, which I already have, so I’m excited about it.  I need to make business cards, get a band photo and Facebook page, book some paying gigs, and we are off and rolling!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get to be a performer once again.  I’m excited, but also fearful.  Good things can end quickly. I’m pretty sure we already lost a female vocalist over band issues already and the band hasn’t even performed yet.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey y’all.  Sorry I haven’t posted any videos.  We played a house party but the lighting sucked.  We played a show tonight but didn’t film.  I invited the boys over to make videos on Saturday or Sunday and I will post them asap. In the meantime, I will leave you with a project at the Berkeley college of music in Boston.

Who Did You Think I Was?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings.  So, the Guyver and Son project has turned into an actual band called Local Option, and we have just started doing public performances.  This first video is from our show at Steller’s Cellar in old Orcutt, Ca.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jeez.  I took the time to post up two new videos and no said jack-diddley doo about it.  Bummer.

23 hours ago, Guyver said:

Jeez.  I took the time to post up two new videos and no said jack-diddley doo about it.  Bummer.

Thanks for bumping it up.  First time I knew it was there.

That was awesome Guyver! How great that must be to be doing gigs with your son!

Y'all sound great! Really impressed by your sons talent. And you ain't bad yourself! Big thumbs up!👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Thanks for bumping it up.  First time I knew it was there.

That was awesome Guyver! How great that must be to be doing gigs with your son!

Y'all sound great! Really impressed by your sons talent. And you ain't bad yourself! Big thumbs up!👍

Thank you sir. 
PS.  I checked out your link to Reverb nation, very cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very cool Guyver :)    .. rocky/jazzy/bluesy. .  together, but freeee too.    Looks fun! :tu:

• Like 2

We got called in on Wednesday by the owner to play a show tonight, Saturday from 6-9 so we took the show on short notice, did get in a practice and played the show.  It was a good show, there were not as many people as we had hoped tonight but the crowd that was there was just there to see us play and they were digging it.  It was great.  But, we as a band are not even fully cooked.  We’re just getting started and we are good but we don’t have our show finished yet.  We’re playing as we go along.  I think we need like 10 more solid tunes and then we will have a full show.

Anyway, I am trying to decompress from the show and a few things stand out.  One, we were playing well and this time had the sound issues fixed.  Two, my son Philip James actually dropped the bass over on the ground with a thud.  Ironically, I had to repair that bass before our last show and it needed solder for a wire that came loose but I didn’t have it.  So I rigged it with wire and electrical tape.  That repair withstood a full accidental instrument drop and played on.  That was good.  

Then, I played and sang one song particularly well that stands out for me, and it was a cover of George Thorogood, It Wasn’t Me.  I think I played my best on that number.  Then, lastly….because our band isn’t fully cooked as I said, we didn’t have a bass player on the last number, and it was an encore.  So, my son decides to close with a cover of Stevie Ray Vaughn Pride and Joy, him on guitar, me on drums.  So, we are playing it and every one is singing and dancing, and this old man comes out of the crowd, points at the bass, my boy gives it to him but there’s no strap on it, so he kneels down, turns that bass up and proceeds to literally crush that number including the stops and he finished the show with us on one knee!  I talked to him after the show and introduced myself, and he said he already knew me.  I said that was awesome!  Great move.  He was like yeah.  So, anyway….those are the highlights of playing a show in a wine bar on a Saturday night.  It was pretty cool.  Thank you for listening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, one more thing I wanted to share.  It’s really my son who’s the great musician among us.  The rest of us are just ok.  But he is great so that makes us good.  Anyway, since he joined the band, his part of the show is really complicated to play, and I had fear.  Thankfully, since we had practiced, I decided to face my fears, and play the show sober.  It worked.  I had some complicated parts to play, and I was afraid of failing, but Indid not fail.  I succeeded.  That makes me feel really good.  Thank you, once again.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Guyver said:

Sorry, one more thing I wanted to share.  It’s really my son who’s the great musician among us.  The rest of us are just ok.  But he is great so that makes us good.  Anyway, since he joined the band, his part of the show is really complicated to play, and I had fear.  Thankfully, since we had practiced, I decided to face my fears, and play the show sober.  It worked.  I had some complicated parts to play, and I was afraid of failing, but Indid not fail.  I succeeded.  That makes me feel really good.  Thank you, once again.

Thanks Guyver,  I just think it’s great your having fun:)   ..and the people are too!    I especially liked your guitar work in “Running Away”^.  I’m happy for you facing that fear and Succeeding!   I told you before, I was a HUGE whiskey boozer for 20ish yrs.  …anyway, long story short …I’m happy Every Day that I don’t do that anymore. it’s a wonder I lived through it….it turned into pure chaos.   Life is so much better and peaceful on this side of all that.     Anyway, don’t wanna preach to the choir :tu:    Keep having fun bud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is following this, great!  If not oh well.  Gives me a chance to say something.  This band I’ve been posting?  We had practice tonight and by nature we could harmonize!  Aaaaaggghhhht!

That is so hot.  Did you know that when what would become Led Zeppelin auditioned their drummer, they all knew within thirty seconds they had their man.  Bonzo. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Guyver said:

If anyone is following this, great!  If not oh well.  Gives me a chance to say something.  This band I’ve been posting?  We had practice tonight and by nature we could harmonize!  Aaaaaggghhhht!

That is so hot.  Did you know that when what would become Led Zeppelin auditioned their drummer, they all knew within thirty seconds they had their man.  Bonzo. 

Cool, good choice I reckon.   I saw an interview where Paul McCartney said the same thing about the first time Ringo played with them.  He said they all looked at each other….and that’s when  the Beatles  were born.    I love Ringo, he’s magic as a percussionist.   He doesn’t just play along with a song…he Plays the song!*  ..changing with it .  And George is the master musical decorator and harmonizer!!   Can ya tell I have BeatleMania!*?   :P      Looking forward to hearing some of you & band in here.

• Like 2