Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guyver and Son Cover Song


Guyver

Recommended Posts

Well Ladies and Gentlemen our band Local Option just had a band practice tonight and what a wonderful experience it was.  There was just something very good about the way we played.  We are trying to finish our show, cooking it if you will.  We did Love Come Down by Evelyn Champagne King, Running Down A Dream and Breakdown by Petty. Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell with Michael Jackson of course, and many other groovy numbers, most of which need to cook some more, but we have Driving My Life Away and Tequila Sunrise with harmony vocals and it sounds great.  
 

IMG_0510.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And!!! As I was taking out my trash just now I met my neighbors and they can hear us practicing.  They said they really liked it, noticed we were playing and subscribed to my channel!  I just got my first known subscriber!  Whoo-hoo?!  Plus the guy plays keyboards and I’m going to audition him for the band.  AAAAAAAaUUUGGGh yeah! Sigh.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

My two boys came home for Christmas and we did a little jam on a Beatles song called Don’t Let Me Down just for fun.  It’s rough and just for kicks.

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Guyver said:

My two boys came home for Christmas and we did a little jam on a Beatles song called Don’t Let Me Down just for fun.  It’s rough and just for kicks.

 

LOVE IT!!! Your boy can certainly play- great feel... Tell him thumbs up for me & keep it up as I'm sure he will because I can tell he's got the love for it :tu:

Peace.

Dej...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2023 at 11:42 PM, Guyver said:

And!!! As I was taking out my trash just now I met my neighbors and they can hear us practicing.  They said they really liked it, noticed we were playing and subscribed to my channel!  I just got my first known subscriber!  Whoo-hoo?!  Plus the guy plays keyboards and I’m going to audition him for the band.  AAAAAAAaUUUGGGh yeah! Sigh.

Now you have 5 subscribers.

Frank Kane is the name of my company in memory of the guy who founded it and one of the best firefighter sawyers and loggers I ever knew. And if you see Rich Joseph subscribe in a month or two of course you'll know that's me but I haven't merged everything yet. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Piney said:

Now you have 5 subscribers.

Frank Kane is the name of my company in memory of the guy who founded it and one of the best firefighter sawyers and loggers I ever knew. And if you see Rich Joseph subscribe in a month or two of course you'll know that's me but I haven't merged everything yet. 

Thank you sir.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How much fun that must have been.  Awesome and thanks for sharing!:tu:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey!  I finally wrote a song of my own!  It’s a dance tune.  Very raw, not finished…I hope to upload the audio file of it.

Nevermind.  It won’t let me do it saying the file is too big. Sigh.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome Guyver!    Can’t wait to hear it.   No rush, whenever it/your ready.       I basically only know my own songs…I’m not very good…but my songs are.  ^_^           ..maybe just you & your guitar, on YouTube?     Whatever, your the producer.  Full orchestra maybe? :P

 

Edited by lightly
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2023 at 6:13 PM, Guyver said:

Greetings.  I wanted to share this recording from yesterday, hopefully I did it right this time.  I’m a tech rookie lol.

 

Your son is a real heartbreaker isn't he? Very very very cute, very nice voice and ... daddy on cajon box I assume?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrsGently said:

Your son is a real heartbreaker isn't he? Very very very cute, very nice voice and ... daddy on cajon box I assume?

Yes. And thank you very much MrsGently.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrsGently said:

Your son is a real heartbreaker isn't he? Very very very cute, very nice voice and ... daddy on cajon box I assume?

I am impressed that you knew the name cajon.  Love.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I am impressed that you knew the name cajon.  Love.

well I was experimenting in making my own music at some point. Then I found a guy who was... playing bass and he was just so ****ing good that ... I gave up, in comparison I was just bad.

At least that is the story I tell. In reality my hand gave up at some point and now after 15 minutes playing guitar I can't move my fingers anymore. It is sad.

It wouldn't have been for me anyways tbh, everyday the ****ing same on a stage and you got to give 100% every day doing the same... it is really hard work - I am not into that.

I also go to bed early so I could have only done afternoon coffee shop shows... It is just not for me.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

well I was experimenting in making my own music at some point. Then I found a guy who was... playing bass and he was just so ****ing good that ... I gave up, in comparison I was just bad.

At least that is the story I tell. In reality my hand gave up at some point and now after 15 minutes playing guitar I can't move my fingers anymore. It is sad.

It wouldn't have been for me anyways tbh, everyday the ****ing same on a stage and you got to give 100% every day doing the same... it is really hard work - I am not into that.

I also go to bed early so I could have only done afternoon coffee shop shows... It is just not for me.

Would it be wrong if I say I love you?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Would it be wrong if I say I love you?

yes very. But I am flattered and you just made my day. Smoochies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

yes very. But I am flattered and you just made my day. Smoochies

🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 1:02 PM, Guyver said:

My two boys came home for Christmas and we did a little jam on a Beatles song called Don’t Let Me Down just for fun.  It’s rough and just for kicks.

 

LOS HOMBRES

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This is my new band called Local Option.

Edited by Guyver
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I am updating this thread, because I just got to have the most amazing experience almost ever, for me personally.  We made some changes in the band, my son left so he could go to school full time and I had to take over as lead singer and guitar player….a very difficult thing to do, that I really had not full done before.  As fortune would have it, and the Universe was good, I just developed enough talent vocally at the right time to carry the show.  It was so amazing.

Picture one of the coolest country bars you’ve ever been in.  Pool tables, shuffleboard, pinball machines, air hockey, etc.  Huge, cool place serving food…et al.  Anyway, when we first came on the crowd was light.  Not many people in.  But the people there were digging us so we were totally into it.  Had good sound, got to play loud, the loudest I’ve ever had my amp cranked.  It was so loud you could feel it.  And no one wanted us to turn down.  They were buying us drinks, and putting tips in the jar…we were having such a good time I played a full hour.  Then we took a break, and all the sudden all these people came in, including the manager, who called us in on short notice to play the show.  But, it wasn’t my turn.  It was my partners turn to lead, and I thought he did well.  Then, when it was my turn again, the manager was still there and I knew he would hear me play, so…I ripped into it and crushed!  I don’t know what to say.  It was the most amazing thing to play a great show.  I feel complete.  Thank you for reading.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2024 at 3:57 AM, Guyver said:

This is my new band called Local Option.

Your recording gear is atrocious, lol, but you worked well together on this one. Where's the new band stuff?

 

This might be the point where you need to rent a little studio and print some CDs and t-shirts now ain't it? That doesn't cost as much as you'd think and CDs are nowadays more a nice 'promo give away' you can first order maybe a hundred and just do 5 ish songs on it or so. But so you got something if the magic continues ... to hand it to a label at some point?

 

My fav Don't Let Me Down cover 'take a million' lol

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

Your recording gear is atrocious, lol, but you worked well together on this one. Where's the new band stuff?

 

This might be the point where you need to rent a little studio and print some CDs and t-shirts now ain't it? That doesn't cost as much as you'd think and CDs are nowadays more a nice 'promo give away' you can first order maybe a hundred and just do 5 ish songs on it or so. But so you got something if the magic continues ... to hand it to a label at some point?

 

My fav Don't Let Me Down cover 'take a million' lol

 

Nice!  They even covered the clothing.  Yeah, you’re right about that recording.  It was terrible, I should take it down, with some of my other early attempts that failed.  We don’t have any new band stuff yet.  We’ve only played three shows together, and I didn’t even think I wanted to keep the band going after my boy left.  But, we found a new bass player named Cody, and he has been doing a real good job.  But, or old band used to have three part harmonies, and now we don’t.  Sigh.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Nice!  They even covered the clothing.  Yeah, you’re right about that recording.  It was terrible, I should take it down, with some of my other early attempts that failed.  We don’t have any new band stuff yet.  We’ve only played three shows together, and I didn’t even think I wanted to keep the band going after my boy left.  But, we found a new bass player named Cody, and he has been doing a real good job.  But, or old band used to have three part harmonies, and now we don’t.  Sigh.

Challenge or opportunity, your choice.

lol

It's fine I think according to what I have heard so far I'd say you need to make more a point of 'every note at its time and place' than giving it more shred and volume? But that's just me. It takes a certain bravery to reduce music, but that is the real 'art' in it, you know?

 

I'm just smart-mouthing don't mind me, do your thing, looks like you're doing great 👍🫶

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrsGently said:

Challenge or opportunity, your choice.

lol

It's fine I think according to what I have heard so far I'd say you need to make more a point of 'every note at its time and place' than giving it more shred and volume? But that's just me. It takes a certain bravery to reduce music, but that is the real 'art' in it, you know?

 

I'm just smart-mouthing don't mind me, do your thing, looks like you're doing great 👍🫶

I receive your criticism, thank you.  I need to work on vocal inflection rather than pure power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I receive your criticism, thank you.  I need to work on vocal inflection rather than pure power.

It wasn't really intended as 'criticism' just me babbling away. You most of all need to stay true to yourself, maybe experiment with what 'others' tell you but the most important thing in making music is not necessarily who has the best technique and voice and all of that, but who 'projects/expresses/embodies the feeling' the most/best.

Which is why I felt I can say some points I needed to learn too, as you have had your 'connecting with the crowd' moments already. That's the magic, that's where it is really at these days, because any possible success will only be live and not by 'sells' I am afraid.

 

...sorry I just love that gif too much

magic-meme.gif

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

It wasn't really intended as 'criticism' just me babbling away. You most of all need to stay true to yourself, maybe experiment with what 'others' tell you but the most important thing in making music is not necessarily who has the best technique and voice and all of that, but who 'projects/expresses/embodies the feeling' the most/best.

Which is why I felt I can say some points I needed to learn too, as you have had your 'connecting with the crowd' moments already. That's the magic, that's where it is really at these days, because any possible success will only be live and not by 'sells' I am afraid.

 

...sorry I just love that gif too much

magic-meme.gif

Wow.  This is twice I’ve been speaking to a woman, and she doesn’t understand my use of the word criticism in this context?  Maybe I’m the problem?  I view criticism as either negative or positive, and when someone suggests something to me that can make me better, I consider that a positive.  Is that weird?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.