Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A stressful time for Russell Brand

pellinore

On 9/19/2023 at 6:52 AM, and-then said:

Too right on that!  You never know when an opinion shared online might set you up to be a target and an investigation of your search habits can be used against you by a corrupt DA or other government entity.

I think, (but am not entirely convinced), that a judge or jury would make a distinction between actively searching for seditious or criminal stuff for use, and just fact checking. My search history would throw up lots of stuff relating to criminal activity ( can you 3-D print a gun?, what's the formula for gunpowder?, can you "accidently" download illegal material?, etc), but since my personal life is largely blameless, I think I would be okay. If I was charged with a crime though, I would be a little bit concerned. That's the downside with the internet- nothing is forgotten.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

You are quite right, Michelle. Yet I was convinced that I looked it up a few years ago and found there was no age of consent. My memory betrayed me, there is an age of consent, but no age limit on child marriages in some states. It was about a 13 year old who was married to a man in his 40s:

Although advocates have succeeded in getting seven states to ban child marriage with no exceptions, forty-three states still allow marriage under the age of eighteen, and seven states have no minimum age requirement for marriage so long as there is a parental or judicial waiver. 

It’s Time to End Child Marriage in the United States | Council on Foreign Relations (cfr.org)

It was quite normal for people to marry at 16 over here in my generation, I'm 60 and ones before. People grew up quicker and I started work at 15 and was drinking at the pub after work at this age. 13 and 40 is taking advantage of a kid and wrong imo but maybe not considered wrong in other cultures. 

25 minutes ago, openozy said:

It was quite normal for people to marry at 16 over here in my generation, I'm 60 and ones before. People grew up quicker and I started work at 15 and was drinking at the pub after work at this age. 13 and 40 is taking advantage of a kid and wrong imo but maybe not considered wrong in other cultures. 

If I was you I would delete this post. In some cultures it is considered acceptable to stone women to death for being raped. Not quite the same as being allowed to drink under age.

Edited by pellinore
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, pellinore said:

If I was you I would delete this post. In some cultures it is considered acceptable to stone women to death for being raped. Not quite the same as being allowed to drink under age.

I wasn't allowed to drink, I just did because I felt if I was mature enough to work 6 days a week I was old enough to drink too. Marrying someone isn't stoning them to death. I think the US has a major problem in that they can't show a nipple on TV yet can show people being blown up in wars, meaning violence, murder is ok and is more acceptable than sex. Also it's ok to go to war and get killed but illegal to have a beer at 18. Now that is a society with major moral dilemma problems and not one to pick on other cultures. I'm quite happy not to delete my post.

10 hours ago, pellinore said:

I just don't find him amusing. Childish and egotistical:

Seems you had a dislike of and an axe to grind against Russell before you started the thread and before the accusations. This is how people are crucified today in the media. 

6 hours ago, openozy said:

In the UK by the time someone is 16 they are expected to have reached a maturity level to handle an adult relationship. Sadly many haven`t but how would a state tailor the age to the individual?

American drinking habits are different than Europeans. They dont grow up having the occasional beer or glass of wine with a meal. I guess the US laws on alcohol take that into account.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, openozy said:

Seems you had a dislike of and an axe to grind against Russell before you started the thread and before the accusations. This is how people are crucified today in the media. 

He has convinced himself that Russel Brand is right wing when he is left, and is therefore totally against him.

• Like 1

Russell Brand: Rumble rejects MP's 'disturbing' letter over income

Video site Rumble has hit out at a UK Parliamentary committee that asked if it would cut Russell Brand's income in the wake of sexual assault allegations.

Dame Caroline Dinenage, chair of the House of Commons media committee, wrote to Rumble to say she was "concerned" that he could profit from his content.

But Rumble said that was "an extremely disturbing letter" and that the company would not "join a cancel culture mob".

Source for further reading. 

Three cheers for Rumble :clap: :clap: :clap: 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2023 at 10:44 AM, openozy said:

When this happens with celebs I instantly think these people are after a payout.

People don’t contribute to documentaries for a payout. They try to blackmail someone privately.

The way one of his staff replied to one of the women via email, immediately accusing her of wanting money, makes me think he’s likely already silenced victims with money.

Russel Brand is clearly a pervert and a predator, and anyone who thinks ‘The Elite’ and billionaires give enough of a **** about anything he says to stitch him up in this way is an idiot.

20 hours ago, openozy said:

I wasn't allowed to drink, I just did because I felt if I was mature enough to work 6 days a week I was old enough to drink too. Marrying someone isn't stoning them to death. I think the US has a major problem in that they can't show a nipple on TV yet can show people being blown up in wars, meaning violence, murder is ok and is more acceptable than sex. Also it's ok to go to war and get killed but illegal to have a beer at 18. Now that is a society with major moral dilemma problems and not one to pick on other cultures. I'm quite happy not to delete my post.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Apologies.

• Like 1

Oh no, its getting worse.

Be prepared to hear about how he got his willy out at a radio station to show one of the women before telling her what he was going to do to her. There are witnesses, people listening to him talking about it on the radio.

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Russel Brand is clearly a pervert and a predator, and anyone who thinks ‘The Elite’ and billionaires give enough of a **** about anything he says to stitch him up in this way is an idiot.

He's not clearly anything, he hasn't been to court and found guilty yet. People are innocent until proven guilty and anyone who says differently is a danger to our society.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, openozy said:

He's not clearly anything, he hasn't been to court and found guilty yet. People are innocent until proven guilty and anyone who says differently is a danger to our society.

He hasn't even been charged with anything yet. As far as I can tell there isn't even a police open investigation on the matter. 

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, openozy said:

Americans do have a weird obsession with some topics. I remember back when I used to watch The Walking Dead and there was that gay couple in one of the towns they end up staying in. Suddenly The Walking Dead was no longer family friendly entertainment for a lot of families. I can tell you for a fact that the house that I grew up in (and if I had kids the same rules would apply to my house) would not have shown The Walking Dead to kids, it's an adults show intended for adult audiences. But lots of conservatives were getting upset because two men kissed each other, but blood spurting from jugulars while literally being ripped to shreds by a zombie is perfectly acceptable for their kids :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Americans do have a weird obsession with some topics. I remember back when I used to watch The Walking Dead and there was that gay couple in one of the towns they end up staying in. Suddenly The Walking Dead was no longer family friendly entertainment for a lot of families. I can tell you for a fact that the house that I grew up in (and if I had kids the same rules would apply to my house) would not have shown The Walking Dead to kids, it's an adults show intended for adult audiences. But lots of conservatives were getting upset because two men kissed each other, but blood spurting from jugulars while literally being ripped to shreds by a zombie is perfectly acceptable for their kids :lol: 

Lol, yeah I can't see love being a bad influence on kids. That show started out good and got worse each episode. I watched it for years then gave it up. The best, or only decent character was Negan and his bat Lucille.

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Russel Brand is clearly a pervert and a predator,

Only thing that is nearly as bad as that is people who wrongly accuse someone of this.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, openozy said:

He’s admitted to a bunch of stuff live on air. Yes, he’s a pervert and denying he’s a predator at this point is almost on the level of defending Cosby.

But fire away, I guess.

• Haha 1

Any charges been brought yet?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He’s admitted to a bunch of stuff live on air. Yes, he’s a pervert and denying he’s a predator at this point is almost on the level of defending Cosby.

But fire away, I guess.

So you're a big fan of trial by media then. 

Hmm... I wonder if Brand was ever a frequent flyer to Epstein Island like er....Bill Gates & Clinton?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

But fire away, I guess.

I wasn't defending anyone, just the right to a fair trial before being hung.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

But fire away, I guess.

He admitted to a bunch of stuff 15 years ago when he was on Channel 4 and the BBC payroll, but funnily enough they weren't that interested back then. Wonder what changed...oh yes, his politics.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1

Oh no, another one has come forward.

This one said he ripped holes in her tights, its looking worse and worse for him by the day. I`m starting to say its going to all be true.

This is just a continuation of many between the "me too" and "you too" that was interrupted by wars, conflicts, unrests and social upheaval across the world the past few years. 

Much much more to come 

~

On 9/21/2023 at 7:41 PM, Paranoid Android said:

He hasn't even been charged with anything yet. As far as I can tell there isn't even a police open investigation on the matter. 

The truly insidious part of cancel culture is that there is no real attempt at understanding.  It's all about destroying those you disagree with - without due process of law.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

He admitted to a bunch of stuff 15 years ago when he was on Channel 4 and the BBC payroll, but funnily enough they weren't that interested back then. Wonder what changed...oh yes, his politics.

2 hours ago, and-then said:

The truly insidious part of cancel culture is that there is no real attempt at understanding.  It's all about destroying those you disagree with - without due process of law.

He's just released his first response to the allegations. Not to respond to them, but to rant about the deep state and conspiracies. His whole bull**** is just saying 'question everything' and he uses it to undermine things without providing any actual evidence. His audience feels like they're very clever because they can't be tricked by the mainstream media, and yet he's tricking them into believing there's some kind of conspiracy against him.

Edited by pellinore
  • Thanks 1