Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stonehenge was built when Britain was a 'black country'


pellinore

Recommended Posts

Stonehenge was built by black people, a new children's history book has claimed. 

Readers of Brilliant Black British History, by the Nigerian-born British author Atinuke, are told the neolithic monument in Wiltshire was built while Britain was a 'black country'. 

The book, which is aimed at children aged seven and above, also tells readers that 'every single British person comes from a migrant' and that the 'very first Britons were black'.

The introduction adds that Britain has been 'mostly a white country for a lot less time than it has been mostly a black country'.

Atinuke also claims that the remains of the 10,000-year-old Cheddar Man belonged to someone who had 'skin as dark as dark can be'.

Stonehenge was built when Britain was a 'black country', new children's book claims | Daily Mail Online

Edited by pellinore
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Electric Scooter said:

This is inverted racism.

Racism is racism regardless of who spews it. On another note, I wonder if the UK will sue this person like Egypt is suing Netflix for their mocumentory claiming Cleopatra was a subsaharan African queen .

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems to me that a new wave of ideological racism based on unproven and unfactual stories is taking place. Not that we never really got ridd of it ( bible, old/ new testament, quran and other scriptures ) but this is something new for our generation mainly.

I have no issues about movies, books or documentaries with the WHAT IF remark but pushing agendas as the "truth" is going to far.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like a wild claim like Ancient Aliens where aliens built the pyramids. :wacko:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Racism is racism regardless of who spews it. On another note, I wonder if the UK will sue this person like Egypt is suing Netflix for their mocumentory claiming Cleopatra was a subsaharan African queen .

Cleopatra was Greek, a member of the Ptolemaic dynasty, she was a descendant of its founder Ptolemy I Soter, a Macedonian Greek general and companion of Alexander the Great. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/cheddar-man-mesolithic-britain-blue-eyed-boy.html

Cheddar Man lived around 10,000 years ago and is the oldest almost complete skeleton of our species, Homo sapiens, ever found in Britain. 

'Until recently it was always assumed that humans quickly adapted to have paler skin after entering Europe about 45,000 years ago,' says Tom. 'Pale skin is better at absorbing UV light and helps humans avoid vitamin D deficiency in climates with less sunlight.'

However, Cheddar Man has the genetic markers of skin pigmentation usually associated with sub-Saharan Africa.  This discovery is consistent with a number of other Mesolithic human remains discovered throughout Europe.

He is just one person, but also indicative of the population of Europe at the time,' says Tom. 'They had dark skin and most of them had pale colored eyes, either blue or green, and dark brown hair.'

'Cheddar Man subverts people's expectations of what kinds of genetic traits go together,' he adds.  'It seems that pale eyes entered Europe long before pale skin or blond hair, which didn't come along until after the arrival of farming.'

'He reminds us that you can't make assumptions about what people looked like in the past based on what people look like in the present, and that the pairings of features we are used to seeing today aren't something that's fixed.' Like all humans across Europe at the time, Cheddar Man was lactose intolerant and was unable to digest milk as an adult. At the time Cheddar Man was alive, Britain was attached to continental Europe and the landscape was becoming densely forested.  'Cheddar Man belonged to a group of people who were mainly hunter gatherers,' says Tom. 'They were hunting game as well as gathering seeds and nuts and living quite complex lives.  Modern-day British people share approximately 10% of their genetic ancestry with the European population to which Cheddar Man belonged, but they aren't direct descendants.

Current thinking is that the Mesolithic population that Cheddar Man belonged to was mostly replaced by the farmers that migrated into Britain later.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pellinore said:

Stonehenge was built by black people, a new children's history book has claimed. 

Readers of Brilliant Black British History, by the Nigerian-born British author Atinuke, are told the neolithic monument in Wiltshire was built while Britain was a 'black country'. 

The book, which is aimed at children aged seven and above, also tells readers that 'every single British person comes from a migrant' and that the 'very first Britons were black'.

The introduction adds that Britain has been 'mostly a white country for a lot less time than it has been mostly a black country'.

Atinuke also claims that the remains of the 10,000-year-old Cheddar Man belonged to someone who had 'skin as dark as dark can be'.

Stonehenge was built when Britain was a 'black country', new children's book claims | Daily Mail Online

Rowan University actually has a "Afro-centric library" where Black supremacists have erased thousands of years of Greek, Egyptian and Native American history and written their own made up crap. 

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/cheddar-man-mesolithic-britain-blue-eyed-boy.html

Cheddar Man lived around 10,000 years ago and is the oldest almost complete skeleton of our species, Homo sapiens, ever found in Britain. 

'Until recently it was always assumed that humans quickly adapted to have paler skin after entering Europe about 45,000 years ago,' says Tom. 'Pale skin is better at absorbing UV light and helps humans avoid vitamin D deficiency in climates with less sunlight.'

However, Cheddar Man has the genetic markers of skin pigmentation usually associated with sub-Saharan Africa.  This discovery is consistent with a number of other Mesolithic human remains discovered throughout Europe.

He is just one person, but also indicative of the population of Europe at the time,' says Tom. 'They had dark skin and most of them had pale colored eyes, either blue or green, and dark brown hair.'

'Cheddar Man subverts people's expectations of what kinds of genetic traits go together,' he adds.  'It seems that pale eyes entered Europe long before pale skin or blond hair, which didn't come along until after the arrival of farming.'

'He reminds us that you can't make assumptions about what people looked like in the past based on what people look like in the present, and that the pairings of features we are used to seeing today aren't something that's fixed.' Like all humans across Europe at the time, Cheddar Man was lactose intolerant and was unable to digest milk as an adult. At the time Cheddar Man was alive, Britain was attached to continental Europe and the landscape was becoming densely forested.  'Cheddar Man belonged to a group of people who were mainly hunter gatherers,' says Tom. 'They were hunting game as well as gathering seeds and nuts and living quite complex lives.  Modern-day British people share approximately 10% of their genetic ancestry with the European population to which Cheddar Man belonged, but they aren't direct descendants.

Current thinking is that the Mesolithic population that Cheddar Man belonged to was mostly replaced by the farmers that migrated into Britain later.

Light skin Anatolian farmers built Stonehenge.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Piney said:

Rowan University actually has a "Afro-centric library" where Black supremacists have erased thousands of years of Greek, Egyptian and Native American history and written their own made up crap. 

Light skin Anatolian farmers built Stonehenge.

Yeah. I think Cheddar man was about 5,000 years earlier than Stonehenge.  Dark skin and light eyes, but he was 30,000+ years out of Africa I think.  So it seems that a lot of humans were dark skinned for quite a while  in  Europe and other places.  

Somebody picked up the first part of article on Cheddar man and used it  as a stick to poke white people.  I think even in that piece it says he was not related to the people that built Stonehenge. 

Human features and coloring have changed over time.  I don't buy the African Centrist argument, and neither does it seem white people have always been lily white.  Mostly I get tired of anybody trying to bask in reflected glory of nebulous ancestors for a reason to feel superior..

 

But by the time Stonehenge was built, Britain was not a  "Black country".  Anatolian farmers built it you say?   Did they use Polish subcontractors like they do today in Britain?:D

 

Edited by Tatetopa
addition
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Piney said:

Rowan University actually has a "Afro-centric library" where Black supremacists have erased thousands of years of Greek, Egyptian and Native American history and written their own made up crap. 

Didn't know about that place.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Didn't know about that place.  

I talked about it in John's "Let's Talk History" thread. Some of the Cabal who are more connected are wrote letters. 

 

30 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yeah. I think Cheddar man was about 5,000 years earlier than Stonehenge.  Dark skin and light eyes, but he was 30,000+ years out of Africa I think.  So it seems that a lot of humans were dark skinned for quite a while  in  Europe and other places.  

Somebody picked up the first part of article on Cheddar man and used it  as a stick to poke white people.  I think even in that piece it says he was not related to the people that built Stonehenge. 

Human features and coloring have changed over time.  I don't buy the African Centrist argument, and neither does it seem white people have always been lily white.  Mostly I get tired of anybody trying to bask in reflected glory of nebulous ancestors for a reason to feel superior..

 

But by the time Stonehenge was built, Britain was not a  "Black country".  Anatolian farmers built it you say?   Did they use Polish subcontractors like they do today in Britain?:D

 

All hunter-gatherers had dark skin. Farming diets and evolution lightened it because of vitamin D issues which comes from a high grain diet. 

Edited by Piney
brain fart
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

I talked about it in John's "Let's Talk History" thread. Some of the Cabal who are more connected are wrote letters. 

All hunter-gatherers had dark skin. Farming diets and evolution lightened it because of vitamin D issues which comes from a high grain diet. 

The weather too in Europe in 30,000 BC, its was mostly overcast in the Baltic states which is where the vitamin D issues are thought to have arisen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

The weather too in Europe in 30,000 BC, its was mostly overcast in the Baltic states which is where the vitamin D issues are thought to have arisen.

It was overcast at the edge of all glaciers. Which is why Neanderthals were light and Northern Native Americans leaned on the light side.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Portre said:

Cleopatra was Greek, a member of the Ptolemaic dynasty, she was a descendant of its founder Ptolemy I Soter, a Macedonian Greek general and companion of Alexander the Great. 

Yup, that’s why Egypt is suing Netflix (not sure if they’re still pressing the issue). They were pretty cheesed that the creators of the Cleopatra show were trying to rewrite Egyption history and pass it off as fact instead of just making a story for entertainment purposes.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a way this whole concept is off.

What creates a culture?  Probably practices used to create tools, the environment, metal working, agriculture, clothing, certainly language, invasions, probably some other things too.  And how many times have cultures changed in the last 10,000 years?  At least a dozen?   

The point is,  color was not a factor in determining culture, and whatever color we are now, our ancestors might not have been.  The most important thing we inherit from our ancestors is the knowledge and history that makes our current culture.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

In a way this whole concept is off.

What creates a culture?  Probably practices used to create tools, the environment, metal working, agriculture, clothing, certainly language, invasions, probably some other things too.  And how many times have cultures changed in the last 10,000 years?  At least a dozen?   

The point is,  color was not a factor in determining culture, and whatever color we are now, our ancestors might not have been.  The most important thing we inherit from our ancestors is the knowledge and history that makes our current culture.

Westerners have a poor concept of culture because culture has been eroded away to make immigrants feel happier.

Culture is the collection of words, symbols, practices, beliefs, and social norms, unique to a society.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2023 at 2:55 PM, Electric Scooter said:

I wonder why we have no laws in this country to sensor scientifically invalid claims made to support political ideologies.

Big pharma won't allow the governoment to do that. They'd be vilified over recent years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Big pharma won't allow the governoment to do that. They'd be vilified over recent years.

More like the Chiropractic Lobby, who protects all the alternative medicine cranks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Big pharma won't allow the government to do that. They'd be vilified over recent years.

Ah yes, university standard research.

Everyone wanting their undergraduate or postgraduate degree in whichever subject including medicine needs to research something and present their dissertation. Of course, a lot of it is based on opinion. You decide what is wrong with a model, you form your opinion on how to improve it, you conduct and present your research findings. Then in a few years time a future student comes along and does the same to your new model. They point out the obvious flaws and weaknesses and improve it. Then a few years later someone does it to them too.

But heck, when you have letters after your name everyone looks up to you as some kind of all knowing God. Lets just pretend that doctors are only confident 40% of treatments actually improve a patient.

Edited by Electric Scooter
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2023 at 1:49 PM, pellinore said:

Stonehenge was built by black people, a new children's history book has claimed. 

Readers of Brilliant Black British History, by the Nigerian-born British author Atinuke, are told the neolithic monument in Wiltshire was built while Britain was a 'black country'. 

The book, which is aimed at children aged seven and above, also tells readers that 'every single British person comes from a migrant' and that the 'very first Britons were black'.

The introduction adds that Britain has been 'mostly a white country for a lot less time than it has been mostly a black country'.

Atinuke also claims that the remains of the 10,000-year-old Cheddar Man belonged to someone who had 'skin as dark as dark can be'.

Stonehenge was built when Britain was a 'black country', new children's book claims | Daily Mail Online

The problem here is that the earliest stages of Stonehenge are thousands of years apart from the dark skinned and BLUE eyed Cheddar Man.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the rest  I don't care at all what color my ancient ancestors had.

Those who do are narrow minded retards.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

The problem here is that the earliest stages of Stonehenge are thousands of years apart from the dark skinned and BLUE eyed Cheddar Man.

Its an attempt to revise British history to make Africans feel better about themselves.

But in doing so it is in fact racist towards British people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

Its an attempt to revise British history to make Africans feel better about themselves.

But in doing so it is in fact racist towards British people.

Heh, well, the Africans want to get even.

They've endured racist remarks and opinions for centuries, so now they want us to feel like they do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.