Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization

Mama Cluck Cluck

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

I've spent 28 years out in the deep woods of N. America (both US and Canada). This doesn't include my work related "camping" trips in the Army. Throughout my various expeditions I have never seen anything that could be attributed tot he mythical creature(as described). No racks, no hair ,no scat, howls/screams, no rocks thrown at me, no wood knocks, nothing. Several factors when considered objectively have led me to believe that the animal simply does not and has never existed.

BFRO goofs are grifters and hoaxers that are truly scummy people I would never associate myself with. Only had contact with them once and they reinforced my belief they are simply around to sensationalize and monetize the "phenomenon".

Maybe you don't have the right ju-ju. Critters pick up on that kind of thing, ya know?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mama Cluck Cluck said:

Maybe you don't have the right ju-ju. Critters pick up on that kind of thing, ya know?

Well, I don't know about that. I've had the fortune to catch a look at several other animals that folks normally don't see.

The problem with BF will always come down to breeding population and that populations' geographic dispersal. Based off of those factors other , harder questions arise. It all points to the animal (as described) simply not being real.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Well, I don't know about that. I've had the fortune to catch a look at several other animals that folks normally don't see.

The problem with BF will always come down to breeding population and that populations' geographic dispersal. Based off of those factors other , harder questions arise. It all points to the animal (as described) simply not being real.

Not to mention the complete lack of any evidence in the fossil record.

For me, what made the idea of Sasquatch and the Abominable Snowman possibly being more believable as a kid in the 70s/80s was that up until then all of the alleged sightings were located in remote areas of the Pacific Northwest and the Himalayas. You could entertain the possibility of a rare creature as yet unknown to science might still exist.  But now ever since the rise of reality TV and social media they’re supposedly being spotted everywhere in all 50 states, in people’s backyards and neighborhoods, like they’re an invasive species similar to the cane toad problem in Australia. 

Yet despite this, there is no physical evidence of a single specimen of a giant hominid, and though the fact that everyone’s walking around with their own personal camera these days taking clear pictures of every mundane thing imaginable, nobody has gotten one decent photo of this thing, with cellphones suddenly and mysteriously taking blurry or constantly inconclusive photos and videos. 

It’s just the need to keep the mystery alive at this point, the same attitude that fuels people’s belief in “government disclosure of aliens”. Another relic of the 1950s. There are millions of amateur astronomers and skywatchers all over the world. In this day and age, if some UFOs really are alien craft, why would anyone need to wait for their government of all things to tell them?

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Trelane said:

I've spent 28 years out in the deep woods of N. America (both US and Canada). This doesn't include my work related "camping" trips in the Army. Throughout my various expeditions I have never seen anything that could be attributed tot he mythical creature(as described). No racks, no hair ,no scat, howls/screams, no rocks thrown at me, no wood knocks, nothing. Several factors when considered objectively have led me to believe that the animal simply does not and has never existed.

BFRO goofs are grifters and hoaxers that are truly scummy people I would never associate myself with. Only had contact with them once and they reinforced my belief they are simply around to sensationalize and monetize the "phenomenon".

As I've stated before, my absolute fave bfro "credible report" was a claim of footie stealing a fresh-baked pie through a kitchen window as a bear did in a scene in  Three Stooges short.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

No, no, no, I have it on very good authority that bigfoot skeptics never get out into the great outdoors,

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I have been wandering the Bridgewater Triangle in my ghillie suit hooting and banging on trees with a stick.  How come everyone sees BFs but me?

You pro'ly scared the poor thing half way up into Quebec!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Guyver said:

You know, if you’re really into bigfoot, you should prefer Sasquatch because it is a derivative from a Native American people who had named the creature as had many other North American/Canadian native peoples, way before the piece in the paper that gave rise to the name bigfoot.  It’s quite an interesting phenomenon.  

On the one hand you have Native American tales with pictographic art displaying a creature that modern day people report, and it has shoulders that are different from a bear.  I mean, let’s get real…all the studied skeptics believe that it’s grizzly bears and black bears mistaken for sasquatch.  Here’s the problem with that theory.  

No bears have shoulders like that.  When they stand upon their feet, their shoulders come down and they display a long neck.  It doesn’t matter which bear you choose, from the greatest of all living bears, the polar bear, to the North American grizzly, or even the Kodiak island brown bear, perhaps the actual deadliest of all living bears?  They all have shoulders that slope down when they stand up.  The sasquatch is said to be identified because its shoulders are wide and they extend up to the cranium.  That is a distinguishable physical characteristic that an eyewitness could distinguish.  I say this because I have been in the wilderness many times, and I have seen bears many times.

Here's another argument you can add to the fire: There are states with no bears that have BF sightings. 

I've read numerous reports on the BFRO site. And was impressed that they'd send people to talk to those making reports to get more info.

I don't know that it's scientific, but it is a organized system of reports and follow up.

I have used the site many times when people say things like, "Bigfoot has never been hit by a car", or, "Bigfoot has never been shot and killed", as the site has several examples of such. Often the poster said such out of ignorance, unaware of the depth of reports that is available. 

I used to be a big BF supporter, and still hold out some hope of a wild man being found somewhere. But I don't buy into the videos and pictures, posted online anymore without a ton of skepticism. So many stumps. So many bears. So many hobo-sapiens. So many Flir blobs. So many blob-squatches....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2023 at 10:56 AM, DieChecker said:

I've read numerous reports on the BFRO site. And was impressed that they'd send people to talk to those making reports to get more info.

I don't know that it's scientific, but it is a organized system of reports and follow up.

I have used the site many times when people say things like, "Bigfoot has never been hit by a car", or, "Bigfoot has never been shot and killed", as the site has several examples of such. Often the poster said such out of ignorance, unaware of the depth of reports that is available. 

I used to be a big BF supporter, and still hold out some hope of a wild man being found somewhere. But I don't buy into the videos and pictures, posted online anymore without a ton of skepticism. So many stumps. So many bears. So many hobo-sapiens. So many Flir blobs. So many blob-squatches....

You have search for and find something before you can re-search it. They're just collecting tales and will, no doubt, write more lurid speculation.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You have search for and find something before you can re-search it. They're just collecting tales and will, no doubt, write more lurid speculation.

That's not strictly true. You can research dragons, unicorns, and leprechauns, and they don't exist.

Though I suppose it depends on what kind of "research" you're talking about. :whistle:

If we're talking their biology, ecological impacts, and reproductive status... obviously that's not going to happen other then as fiction based speculation. 

So a Bigfoot research wildlife study would, at this point, be impossible. :tu:

14 hours ago, DieChecker said:

That's not strictly true. You can research dragons, unicorns, and leprechauns, and they don't exist.

Though I suppose it depends on what kind of "research" you're talking about. :whistle:

If we're talking their biology, ecological impacts, and reproductive status... obviously that's not going to happen other then as fiction based speculation. 

So a Bigfoot research wildlife study would, at this point, be impossible. :tu:

That corpus of fiction exists and you can research it. You can research bigfoot writings and stories, too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 10:30 PM, Mama Cluck Cluck said:

I was able to pull some amazing information from this website when writing Episode 10: Bigfoot - Closer Than Ever for The Dark Oak Podcast. There are some awesome sound files that I just had to incorporate into the episode, too. I'm so glad they are out there putting in the work to SCIENTIFICALLY find Bigfoot. Is anyone in this forum part of BFRO?

Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (bfro.net)

Episode 10: Bigfoot - Closer Than Ever

The Dark Oak Podcast

I invited Mike Argano on trips and guided him around a bit about 16-18 years ago. Then my stepfather's cancer metastasized, I was his sole caregiver, my sister died and knocked out my wind and we lost contact. He is a good guy and honest researcher.

Don't know if he's still connected with Matt or not. 

On 9/27/2023 at 11:15 PM, Guyver said:

Have done sasquatching way before Bobo, and now that he is known, I’m a bit embarrassed about it, truth be told.

I'm not embarrassed. It was fun and annoyed my biologist older sister to no end. :yes: Even clogged up several of @Iilaa'mpuul'xem company towers with tons of pictures annoying him. 

Did it since the 80s all over the Pine Barrens. Followed up every report I found and I discovered lots of other cool stuff. I also talked to Tennessee Bigfoot Lady Mary Green and Dallas Gilbert on Paltalk all the time and hung out with Mary in person a couple of times. She was a honest believer too and a dear friend I miss sorely. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Piney said:

I invited Mike Argano on trips and guided him around a bit about 16-18 years ago. Then my stepfather's cancer metastasized, I was his sole caregiver, my sister died and knocked out my wind and we lost contact. He is a good guy and honest researcher.

Don't know if he's still connected with Matt or not. 

I'm not embarrassed. It was fun and annoyed my biologist older sister to no end. :yes: Even clogged up several of @Iilaa'mpuul'xem company towers with tons of pictures annoying him. 

Did it since the 80s all over the Pine Barrens. Followed up every report I found and I discovered lots of other cool stuff. I also talked to Tennessee Bigfoot Lady Mary Green and Dallas Gilbert on Paltalk all the time and hung out with Mary in person a couple of times. She was a honest believer too and a dear friend I miss sorely. 

You could never annoy me brother, god knows you have tried :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 12:44 AM, Antigonos said:

Not to mention the complete lack of any evidence in the fossil record.

For me, what made the idea of Sasquatch and the Abominable Snowman possibly being more believable as a kid in the 70s/80s was that up until then all of the alleged sightings were located in remote areas of the Pacific Northwest and the Himalayas. You could entertain the possibility of a rare creature as yet unknown to science might still exist.  But now ever since the rise of reality TV and social media they’re supposedly being spotted everywhere in all 50 states, in people’s backyards and neighborhoods, like they’re an invasive species similar to the cane toad problem in Australia. 

Yet despite this, there is no physical evidence of a single specimen of a giant hominid, and though the fact that everyone’s walking around with their own personal camera these days taking clear pictures of every mundane thing imaginable, nobody has gotten one decent photo of this thing, with cellphones suddenly and mysteriously taking blurry or constantly inconclusive photos and videos. 

It’s just the need to keep the mystery alive at this point, the same attitude that fuels people’s belief in “government disclosure of aliens”. Another relic of the 1950s. There are millions of amateur astronomers and skywatchers all over the world. In this day and age, if some UFOs really are alien craft, why would anyone need to wait for their government of all things to tell them?

David Attenborough thought the yeti was a possibility…..doesn’t mean much but the man has seen a lot….😀

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 1:59 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Here's another argument you can add to the fire: There are states with no bears that have BF sightings. 

Texas comes to mind although some bears have been spotted in East Texas. Bigfoot sightings have been reported in most parts of South, central, and west Texas where no bears are reported. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 2:59 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Bears are not common in many states. But only Hawaii has no bears.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

Bears are not common in many states. But only Hawaii has no bears.

Around 2010 in my first such discussion of this in UM, there were 8 states that did not have bears, But times changed and then bear population expanded all over.

examining the US fir bear at around 2000, you will find the no-bear states and that will prove that "bear" is not a solution

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Around 2010 in my first such discussion of this in UM, there were 8 states that did not have bears, But times changed and then bear population expanded all over.

examining the US fir bear at around 2000, you will find the no-bear states and that will prove that "bear" is not a solution

Are there bears in Tennessee?  I just went to the Great Smokey Mountains and all I saw was one racoon.

• Haha 1

A quick reminder that not all BF sightings are bear misidentifications. However, there are areas where "bears don't exist/live" yet boom, there they are exceptions. One summer about 12 years ago I had to cease fire on a qualification range when I was DS in MO because a bear had wandered onto the range. According to range ops, the nearest tagged bear was allegedly 15 miles away and none were located ever on installation. Yet, there he was, mucking about near the 300m line.

There are the usual exaggerations of what is sometimes observed or spotted. Let's not forget that there are many factors to take into account that affect influence an individual when they make these things up. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, joc said:

Are there bears in Tennessee?  I just went to the Great Smokey Mountains and all I saw was one racoon.

Yes, saw a black bear while on vacation in Gatlinburg back in 2012.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Yes, saw a black bear while on vacation in Gatlinburg back in 2012.

That would explain why every gift shop has black bear paraphernalia.  Gatlinburg was pretty cool...too many people though.  But the Smokey's is like the number one vacation destination in the country. 

I didn't see any bears, but I did see Baskin Robbins and we went through the drive through.  One scoop in a waffle cone... $8.50.  I had no idea...I really don't get out enough.

5 hours ago, joc said:

That would explain why every gift shop has black bear paraphernalia.  Gatlinburg was pretty cool...too many people though.  But the Smokey's is like the number one vacation destination in the country. 

I didn't see any bears, but I did see Baskin Robbins and we went through the drive through.  One scoop in a waffle cone... $8.50.  I had no idea...I really don't get out enough.

Brutal, isn't it? this is in Darien Connecticut: customers were being asked to pay $18 for a Big Mac combo meal,

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Brutal, isn't it? this is in Darien Connecticut: customers were being asked to pay $18 for a Big Mac combo meal,

And I went to a Popeyes and ordered a Spicy Chicken Breast...which comes with a biscuit.  I asked for a cup of water as well and she said she couldn't give me one.  Only a bottle of water for $2.59.   I asked for 4 honeys which she handed me.  I said, I can't get a cup of water but you give me honey?  That's just stupid.  And I left...without a bottle of water.  

Geeez...

And ...gas around Dallas is about $2.80 a gallon.  We have Iran threatening Israel, and war going on...and the gas prices are stable?   In the past if Iran even rattled a saber gas shot up fifty cents a gallon over night.  Something is not quite right.

• Like 3

On 11/1/2023 at 4:25 AM, Trelane said:

A quick reminder that not all BF sightings are bear misidentifications. However, there are areas where "bears don't exist/live" yet boom, there they are exceptions. One summer about 12 years ago I had to cease fire on a qualification range when I was DS in MO because a bear had wandered onto the range. According to range ops, the nearest tagged bear was allegedly 15 miles away and none were located ever on installation. Yet, there he was, mucking about near the 300m line.

There are the usual exaggerations of what is sometimes observed or spotted. Let's not forget that there are many factors to take into account that affect influence an individual when they make these things up. 

We got our shard of homeless here in Northern Oregon and I've seen a few that could easily be mistaken for a bear. Crawling around under a shaggy tattered blanket. Living in "dens" out in the various remote areas of city parks.

One if those poor souls, out in the deeper woods, wearing all black, and covered in layers of muddy cloth, easily is mistaken for BF, or a bear.

• Like 3

In Indiana, we have a small bear population, but they are here.  None around me, I don't think.   I seen a cougar kill a chicken a couple weeks ago.  That is worrisome.  

• Like 3