Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Name of the Beast

Bluefinger

Hello everyone.  It's been a hot minute since I've been on this forum.  I had three kids, went to college for two degrees, and recently retired from the military.  Anyway, now that things are settling down, I have had time to engage in studying prophecy again and wanted to share some of the interpretations I have had.  One of them has to do with Revelation 13:18, which says:

"This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

I think it's possible that people may have been going about interpreting 666 the wrong way.  Previous interpretations have suggested that Gematria was intended to be used, providing a sleuth of candidates from Nero to Hitler to the Pope.  I was researching the Roman Empire (I guess it's normal nowadays for me to do so) and landed on the date 46 BC in Wikipedia (I know, not a scholarly source).  

The year 46 BC in the Iranian (Persian) Calendar is 666.  That was the year the Julius Caesar was declared dictator for life.  The call for wisdom could have been a nod to the Persian Wisemen called the Magi.  They calculated when the Messiah would be born and followed the star to Bethlehem.  I hypothesize, then, that the name of the beast is Caesar, a title used by every emperor of the Roman Empire, whether Roman, Byzantine, or Ottoman.  The title has even been used by the Russians (tsar) and Germans (kaiser).  It has been a very short amount of time that the title has not been used.

Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bluefinger said:

Hello everyone.  It's been a hot minute since I've been on this forum.  I had three kids, went to college for two degrees, and recently retired from the military.  Anyway, now that things are settling down, I have had time to engage in studying prophecy again and wanted to share some of the interpretations I have had.  One of them has to do with Revelation 13:18, which says:

"This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

I think it's possible that people may have been going about interpreting 666 the wrong way.  Previous interpretations have suggested that Gematria was intended to be used, providing a sleuth of candidates from Nero to Hitler to the Pope.  I was researching the Roman Empire (I guess it's normal nowadays for me to do so) and landed on the date 46 BC in Wikipedia (I know, not a scholarly source).  

The year 46 BC in the Iranian (Persian) Calendar is 666.  That was the year the Julius Caesar was declared dictator for life.  The call for wisdom could have been a nod to the Persian Wisemen called the Magi.  They calculated when the Messiah would be born and followed the star to Bethlehem.  I hypothesize, then, that the name of the beast is Caesar, a title used by every emperor of the Roman Empire, whether Roman, Byzantine, or Ottoman.  The title has even been used by the Russians (tsar) and Germans (kaiser).  It has been a very short amount of time that the title has not been used.

Thoughts?

Does Joe Biden add up to 666?

• Haha 4

The answer to this tired old Book of Revelations problem was discovered centuries ago.  It is Emperor Nero.  There is a lot of literature to back it up.  And frankly, the fall of the Roman Empire was something of an "End of the World" for those who lived thru it. 

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 5

Thoughts?  I think when one makes a thread about the Apocalypse of John, aka, the Revelation, or, The Revelation of Jesus Christ, you are discussing a two thousand year old failed prophecy that should have never made it into the Bible in the first place, but did…and so, the only reason it has any mention today is because of ignorance, superstition, and cultural/religious indoctrination.  If you think the Revelation has any relevance at all whatsoever in the world today, you should check out the prophecies of a guy named Nostradamus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The prophecy has characters riding on horseback and fighting with swords. Isn’t it interesting how that corresponds to current warfare at the time of the prophecy?  Do you think angry God will be coming back to take us out on horseback?

Really?  Why not just make it leprechauns?  The evil leprechauns will be unleashed by angry god, and they will mess you up!  That would actually be more scary than someone coming after me on horse with a sword, when I have a shotgun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluefinger said:

Thoughts?

Hi Blue

The mark of the beast isn't 666 though, it is 616. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Do you think angry God will be coming back to take us out on horseback?

Perhaps if you actually read the book you'd understand that when He returns, He will be doing so to keep the entire planet and all life on it from being destroyed BY MANKIND.  Yes, Christ will take vengeance on those who are killing His chosen but also - "them who destroy the earth".  IOW, He will be coming to save life on the planet, not just to harm innocent people.  Humanity has proven itself quite capable of killing every living thing if given the chance.  We have roughly half of America choosing to mock the idea that Russia might use a nuke.  No, we don't need to worry about God targeting innocent humans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and-then said:

No, we don't need to worry about God targeting innocent humans.

You don't worry when he does.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Bluefinger said:

I am also retired US Army, thank you very much for your service in our Nation's Military!!:tu:

According to most Christians today, what the bible calls the end times, Do, you think that Donald Trump is a false profit or is he the Beast in all his glory?

The year 46 BC in the Iranian (Persian) Calendar is 666.  That was the year the Julius Caesar was declared dictator for life.  The call for wisdom could have been a nod to the Persian Wisemen called the Magi.  They calculated when the Messiah would be born and followed the star to Bethlehem.  I hypothesize, then, that the name of the beast is kaiser), a title used by every emperor of the Roman Empire, whether Roman, Byzantine, or Ottoman.  The title has even been used by the Russians (tsar) and Germans (kaiser).  It has been a very short amount of time that the title has not been used.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, and-then said:

Yes, Christ will take vengeance on those who are killing His chosen but also - "them who destroy the earth". 

So much for "turning the other cheek" then? Or foregiveness?

• Thanks 6

Perhaps if you actually read the book you'd understand that when He returns, He will be doing so to keep the entire planet and all life on it from being destroyed BY MANKIND.  Yes, Christ will take vengeance on those who are killing His chosen but also - "them who destroy the earth".  IOW, He will be coming to save life on the planet, not just to harm innocent people.  Humanity has proven itself quite capable of killing every living thing if given the chance.  We have roughly half of America choosing to mock the idea that Russia might use a nuke.  No, we don't need to worry about God targeting innocent humans.

The thought that one of Putty's half assed and currently hacked nukes managing to get in American airspace is kinda hilarious. 

^_^

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bluefinger said:

Thoughts?

First. Revelations is a Greco-Alexandrian satire which even Eusebius, Constantine's pet apologist and historical liar called bull**** on and rejected. 

Second. The Zoroastrian Magi added to Matthew was a Christian "nut shot" to the Jews suggesting that a bigger religion then Judaism acknowledged the Messiah they rejected. They are known as "literary devices" or simply "imaginary characters". 

• Thanks 4

That whole Jesus returns thing sounds like revenge pron to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why do you guys insist on using a fairytale as a credible source of history?? Where has your God been for the last few thousand years?? 

• Thanks 5

6 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Blue

Does Joe Biden add up to 616?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

Joe Biden's full name is Joseph Robinette Biden Junior.  I tried all possible phonetic Hebrew Gematria combinations, the full name, the name without the Junior, without the Robinette, with and without the R and none of it comes up as 666 or 616.  Simply put, you are barking up the wrong tree.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I am also retired US Army, thank you very much for your service in our Nation's Military!!:tu:

According to most Christians today, what the bible calls the end times, Do, you think that Donald Trump is a false profit or is he the Beast in all his glory?

The USA doesn`t have the man power for the 300 million man army in the Bible.

The EU does, China does, and India does. As the anti-Christ is supposed to lead a revitalised Roman Empire that means the EU. Its the Franco-Prussians who cause Armageddon!!! No doubt us Brits will have to save Europe yet again.

25 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

I don't know about Biden adding up to 616, however, your username adds up to 66!!!!!!!!:devil:

00100000 01000101 01101100 01100101 01100011 01110100 01110010 01101001 01100011 00100000 01010011 01100011 01101111 01101111 01110100 01100101 01110010

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

The USA doesn`t have the man power for the 300 million man army in the Bible.

The EU does, China does, and India does. As the anti-Christ is supposed to lead a revitalised Roman Empire that means the EU. Its the Franco-Prussians who cause Armageddon!!! No doubt us Brits will have to save Europe yet again.

Um actually your wrong the United States has those numbers and more. The United States is not only the face of but it also controls NATO,!!!!!!!;) 

I don't know what you're referring too, but hopefully it's not WWII. Because England or as you put it the Brits certainly didn't save Europe!!!:no:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

Hi Cookie

No not exactly but it does add up to Electric Cookie Scooter Monster.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Um actually your wrong the United States has those numbers and more. The United States is not only the face of but it also controls NATO,!!!!!!!;) 

I don't know what you're referring too, but hopefully it's not WWII. Because England or as you put it the Brits certainly didn't save Europe!!!:no:

Of course us Brits saved Europe in WW2.

We took the brunt of their air force, manufactured 1000s and 1000s of tanks and aircraft for the Russians to keep them in the fight, broke their encryption, and developed the USA armed forces who at that stage were a backwards power who would have turned up on horseback otherwise.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, superman73 said:

Why do you guys insist on using a fairytale as a credible source of history?? Where has your God been for the last few thousand years?? 

Defending us from Aliens!!!!!!

Since religion is in decline globally, he has spare time to work as a cosmic defender know as Space Jesus!:lol:

Here I am to save the day!:devil:

Image result for space jesus

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Electric Scooter said:

We took the brunt of their air force, manufactured 1000s and 1000s of tanks and aircraft for the Russians to keep them in the fight, broke their encryption, and developed the USA armed forces who at that stage were a backwards power who would have turned up on horseback otherwise.  

Man you are the king of revisionist history, thanks for the laugh chucky!!!!!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Blue

Jay, 616 is not truly the mark of the Beast, the mark is a Mushroom stamp right between the eye's!!!!!!!!! :tsu::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

I think that you may have left out the Lend Lease agreement that enabled you to single-handedly defeat the Axis powers and save Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1