Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Name of the Beast

Bluefinger

2 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I think that you may have left out the Lend Lease agreement that enabled you to single-handedly defeat the Axis powers and save Europe.

And we loaned them Patton.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Piney said:

And we loaned them Patton.

My grandfather was a part of Patton’s command: 3rd Army, 2nd Armored Division, 41st Armored Infantry Battalion, Company C; tank driver. 

cormac

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

My grandfather was a part of Patton’s command: 3rd Army, 2nd Armored Division, 41st Armored Infantry Battalion, Company C; tank driver. 

cormac

My grandfather was one of his 3rd Army scouts.

If your registered with Military.com. his name is Wilbert W. Gould Jr. and was famous for being captured and escaped a death camp where he was sent in lieu of a POW camp because of the brown skin and kinky hair. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

My grandfather was one of his 3rd Army scouts.

If your registered with Military.com. his name is Wilbert W. Gould Jr. and was famous for being captured and escaped a death camp where he was sent in lieu of a POW camp because of the brown skin and kinky hair. 

Interesting. While not registered at Military.com I did have my Grandfather included here: 

From World War II Memorial Registry:
William Eddie Adams
BRANCH OF SERVICE: U.S. Army
HOMETOWN: Marytown, WV
Activity during WWII: Stationed in France from July 20, 1944 to September 5, 1944; Germany from September 6, 1944 to October 3, 1944. Wounded in chest on October 3, 1944 and sent stateside on convalescent leave. Medical discharge on July 26, 1945. Served in Patton's 3rd Army, 2nd Armored Division,
41st Armored Infantry Battalion, Company C. Received 2 Purple Hearts.

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Interesting. While not registered at Military.com I did have my Grandfather included here: 

cormac

I didn't know that grandfather well enough to know all the details. He was the father of my birth father who I didn't know until I was in my 30s.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Abramelin said:

So much for "turning the other cheek" then? Or foregiveness?

You are demonstrating the same mindset of most who really don't read the Bible or take it seriously.  Most today know only the "myth" of the baby Jesus and have no concept of His return and His character at that time.  He came to be a meek sacrifice for all who would accept His gift.  When He returns he will do so as a warrior King.  The Bible is quite clear about this and those who will perish will have CHOSEN to refuse His gift.  Choices always have consequences and that's why mockery of His reality is so damning for those who do it.  They have every right to spurn His gift but when they convince others to do likewise, they have the blood of others on their hands as well.  It is what it is.

If I'm wrong, I'll never realize it.  If you are wrong, that won't be the case.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Jay, 616 is not truly the mark of the Beast, the mark is a Mushroom stamp right between the eye's!!!!!!!!! :tsu::D

Hi Grim

What caliber mushroom :lol:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Grim

9mm! :w00t:

cormac

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Grim

Well, that depends upon the Mushroom Stamper, Contrary to popular belief it can be anywhere between a Micro Mushroom, all the way up to a Monster Mushroom. It all depends upon the specific species and if it's a Wild or Domestically grown!!!!!!!!:yes::tsu:

Peace Bro!!!!:tu:

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, superman73 said:

Why do you guys insist on using a fairytale as a credible source of history?? Where has your God been for the last few thousand years?? 

Well, to my limited knowledge on the subject he has been fighting Aliens waiting to return.:devil:

Image result for Space Jesus Yoda

• Haha 5

On 10/6/2023 at 6:42 AM, superman73 said:

Why do you guys insist on using a fairytale as a credible source of history??

That 'fairytale' is older than many history books today. That should count for something.  

12 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

That 'fairytale' is older than many history books today. That should count for something.  

So is the Ramayana and Mahabharata. Maybe the Hindu gods are real too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

Your Bible in its written form didn’t start until well AFTER the Babylonian Captivity and many of its ideas aren’t even original to Judaism as they’re taken from other unrelated cultures. You don’t really have a point with your above post. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2023 at 3:55 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Blue

The mark of the beast isn't 666 though, it is 616. 

It’s those GODDAMN MUTANTS!!

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

Yes and people who actually study the Bible rather than venerate it as unerring truth will tell you that it’s a collection of lore, genealogies, poems, songs, predictions, histories, myths, fairy tales, parables etc…. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

It’s far younger than the writing of ancient historians and the written records of the earliest civilizations, which are confirmed by centuries of archaeological discoveries.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

That 'fairytale' is older than many history books today. That should c

Not really! It's basically plaguerized from many other creation myths,fables,morality tales and stories from different cultures and societies.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, superman73 said:

Not really! It's basically plaguerized from many other creation myths,fables,morality tales and stories from different cultures and societies.

Not plgariesd, that makes it sound sordid. 
Assimilated. Assimilated from other cultures. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Not plgariesd, that makes it sound sordid. 
Assimilated. Assimilated from other cultures. 

Israelites = the original Borg! :w00t:

cormac

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/6/2023 at 2:36 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well, to my limited knowledge on the subject he has been fighting Aliens waiting to return.:devil:

Image result for Space Jesus Yoda

With some 50mm mushroom stamps.:)

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, razman said:

With some 50mm mushroom stamps.:)

Yea, we can't forget those Mushroom Stamps!!!!:lol:

• Haha 2

My thinking is that if there is any kind of second coming , it would not be physical , but energetically , kinda like i interpret the lyrics to this old Judas Priest song ( Exciter) ,  as about the second coming more metaphorical , the exciter of energies.

Racing' cross the heavens
Straight into the dawn
Looking like a comet
Slicing through the morn
Scorching the horizon
Blazing to the land
Now he's here amongst us
The age of fire's at hand
Stand by for Exciter
Salvation is his task
Stand by for Exciter
Salvation bids to ask
Everything he touches
Fries into a crisp
Let him get close to you
So you're in his trip
First you'll smoke and smoulder
Blister up and singe
When ignition hits you
The very soul of your being will cringe
Stand by for Exciter
Salvation is his task
Stand by for Exciter
Here he comes now
Fall to your knees and repent if you please
Who is this man?
Where is he from?
Exciter comes
For everyone
You'll never see him
But you will taste the fire upon your tongue
He's come to make you snap out
Of the state that you are in
Looks around and make you
See the light again
So much self-indulgence
Results in shattered eyes
Predominant complacency
Leads to beguiling lies
Stand by for Exciter
Salvation is his task
Stand by for Exciter
Salvation bids to ask
When he leaps amidst us
With combustive dance
All shall bear the branding
Of his thermal lance
Cauterising masses
Melting into one
Only when there's order
Will his job be done
Stand by for Exciter
Salvation is his task
Stand by for Exciter
Here he comes now
Fall to your knees and repent if you please
Who is this man?
Where is he from?
Exciter comes
For everyone
You'll never see him
But you will taste the fire upon your tongue
Racing past the heavens
Straight into the dawn
Looking like a comet
Slicing through the morn
Scorching the horizon
Blazing to the land
Now he's here amongst us
The age of fire's at hand
Stand by for Exciter
Stand by for Exciter
Stand by for Exciter
Stand by for Exciter
Edited by razman
  • Like 3

The name of the Beast? Dr. Henry Philip McCoy.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 8:53 PM, Bluefinger said:

"This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark—the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18Here is a call for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and that number is 666

The mark is in reference to being able to buy or sell. No mark no deal. The mark can actually be the name itself, or the number corresponding to the name. Therefore there can be no mystery since the name itself will be the mark. I suppose it's an option for those who will freely get the mark, whether to have the name or the number on their hand or forehead. If it ever comes to fruition, then it does not matter at that time, since many will have the mark (name or number). It's like 007, the name is Bond. This calls for wisdom? Since God only is wise, the name of the beast is IGNORANCE, if it pertains to man.

But here is the essence. To what purpose will knowing the name of the beast serve? Is it not the intent of the warning (call to wisdom) rather to not receive the mark?  But since revelation also states that all will be receiving the mark, it's really a moot point, as far as the name and the number corresponding to the name. 

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Bottom line. My thought is that, if there is any truth in Revelation, the mark is symbolic; Tattoos?  The popularity of tattoos has never been so grand as it is today, a cultural icon, of being in vogue, and accepted in society, where nearly a third of the world population have at least one tattoo somewhere on their bodies, visible or not, and the numbers are increasing. Again, if there is any truth in the book Revelation, I'm speculating that the mark serves as a time marker, indicating that we are living in the end times. However, without belief in the God of the Abraimic religions (Hebrew, Christian, and Islamic) it's all nonsense.

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

The name of the Beast? Dr. Henry Philip McCoy.

Revelations certainly shows signs of editing out the blue, furry and physicist part. 

6 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

However, without belief in the God of the Abraimic religions (Hebrew, Christian, and Islamic) it's all nonsense.

Not necessarily. Episcopal, Mainstream Methodists, Presbyterians, Orthodox Quakers, Unitarians and Mainstream Catholics consider it all nonsense when it comes to Revelations. 

As for Liberal Jews. They are just waiting for the Messianic Age when mankind gets along. 

• Like 3