Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Name of the Beast

Bluefinger

14 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

how do you study prophecy?

Some craps die, a deck of Tarot cards and a Magic Eight Ball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Piney said:

oh that easy...silly me, thanks 😉

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

how do you study prophecy?

Ouija board? 😂

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Ouija board? 😂

cormac

hmmm? that's not studying, cormac IMO.. that's being told what's going to happen by dead people, i think? i could be wrong 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

hmmm? that's not studying, cormac IMO.. that's being told what's going to happen by dead people, i think? i could be wrong 😉

Depends on who you’re asking and Read will believe anything as long as it’s BS! :w00t:

cormac

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Depends on who you’re asking and Read will believe anything as long as it’s BS! :w00t:

cormac

'some' people love fantasy/ need fantasy.

'some' people love/ need narcotics.

'some' people love/ need alcohol.

'some' people love/ need to be in charge. The list can go on I guess.

We are all human with our wants, loves & needs.

If folk believe in god, for example, then great- just don't annoy me/ give me problems because of it!

Same for all the above. Just saying 😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Only Orthodox Jews and Evangelicals are waiting for a Messiah/ return.

Yes, and there’s a collaboration between some Evangelicals and the Ultra-Orthodox Jews in building the Third Temple in Jerusalem.

I’m sure you know this already, but for those who don’t, the majority of Jews seem to prefer the term ‘Mashiach’, which is different than the Christian concept of a spiritually-redemptive Messiah. This quote from Chabad Rabbi Tzvi Freeman explains it well:

“What’s missing is a singular voice of wisdom, universally respected, a voice for the human soul. A very human, modern-day Moses. No, we don’t expect a Messiah. We want, need, pray in every prayer: Mashiach now!”

https://momentmag.com/ask-the-rabbis-are-jews-still-expecting-a-messiah/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Yes, and there’s a collaboration between some Evangelicals and the Ultra-Orthodox Jews in building the Third Temple in Jerusalem.

I’m sure you know this already, but for those who don’t, the majority of Jews seem to prefer the term ‘Mashiach’, which is different than the Christian concept of a spiritually-redemptive Messiah. This quote from Chabad Rabbi Tzvi Freeman explains it well:

“What’s missing is a singular voice of wisdom, universally respected, a voice for the human soul. A very human, modern-day Moses. No, we don’t expect a Messiah. We want, need, pray in every prayer: Mashiach now!”

https://momentmag.com/ask-the-rabbis-are-jews-still-expecting-a-messiah/

And since many of the Ultra-Orthodox are on Israel's **** list that isn't going to happen. Over half the Ultra-Orthodox in Lakewood, New Jersey were kicked out of Israel.

The Jewish term was always Mashiach. They were expecting a mortal warrior priest-king since the Ptolemaic Era. That's why the Book of Daniel gives Judas Maccabees Messiah props. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, simplybill said:

This quote from Chabad Rabbi Tzvi Freeman explains it well:

when religion is finally no more on this planet (which is inevitable over time) history will look back & laugh at words of this nature.

Just as history looks back & laughs at the likes of Zeus to pick one of many as an example.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll see this in my life time but hey== hope springs eternal 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, simplybill said:

but judging by what I see happening in the world today, it now appears to me that many of the conditions spoken of in biblical end-times prophecies are gradually falling into place. 

Fair enough, it's just weird from a non-religious point of view to note the difference between a measure of 'how bad is the world today' and end-of-world alignment with biblical prophecies.  Today is not nearly as dangerous as the Cuban Missile Crisis, we are objectively several orders of magnitude less on the 'danger' scale compared to WWII, I'd argue just within America that what we are experiencing today is hardly in the ballpark of even the late 1960's.  What is of course happening in the world today is a large scale change in the amount and sources of information we all consume, including those that either want people to believe the end times may be occurring and/or want to sell us something related to it.

Even leaving that aside and thinking simply about it the Bible has already gotten many prophecies wrong, hell in my view the main guy was wrong about the fairly immediate future to him, so there's little reason then to worry about it happening maybe to get some right.  I'm more concerned about a self-fulfilling prophecy here than anything else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Piney said:

I know everyone already thinks I’m crazy, so…I’m just going to say this.  I kinda believe in the magic 8 ball?  I mean, one time for a joke we used it as a band to determine our future, and it seemed pretty right one.  I know, that was prolly just luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t really believe in the magic 8 ball.  But, I can see how people would.  

• Like 2