Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mothman sightings in London

UM-Bot

news icon rOne of the most well known cases of a supernatural creature is that of the Mothman. In the small town of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, there were over a hundred sightings of this creature in a little over a year, yet it had seemingly never been heard of before or since.

New research has revealed that there is a strong possibility that this assumption was incorrect and that the Mothman did not simply disappear.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Book of Thoth

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• htrn3000

• Hoagy

• UM-Bot

• Neo2005

whaaaaat????

the Mothman related to The Highgate Vampire? ludicrous! How are there similarities??? The Highgate Vampire was a (supposedly)supernatural being that caused a lot of unrest in the local area. This was mostly due to Sean Manchester and other 'characters' running about the place allegedly staking and burning the body of the vampire and its cohorts, oh, and the satan worshippers that got in on the act...

..it certainly did'nt forewarn of any catastrophies. How did they draw similarities???

This I want to hear more about....

go to this SPOOKY LINKY to see supposed pictures of the Vampire before and after it was 'exorcised' - WARNING could be unpleasant for the easily spooked.

Hoagy alien.gif

Edited by Hoagy

I guess whomever did the researsh for the above article, must not have watched ANIMAL X just last week.Nor could they have watched,The Mothman Prophecies.Or they would have known the incident took place near Point Pleasent West Virginia.Not Ohio.And if someone already, caught the mistake. Let's just say I Affirmed the truth.... htrn3000

We must now watch for any disasters in london now

HEY NEO, I think we've all got a lot more to think about, than what may or may not happen in London.And that is assuming that what is being seen is a Mothman at all. I really think that, what we really need to worry about is the possibility that the earth may be headed for it's next E.L.E. ( EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT)..Wheather it's Yellowstone finally blowing,or the New Madrid fault line cutting loose again,or the big one finally hitting California.Or all the above,and anyone with a I.Q. over a hundred, if they are well informed at all.Know that it's just a matter of time.Catch you later, if the earth does'nt go bang first. htrn3000

• 1 month later...

Animal-X is preety good but they never even try to make the creatures real looking, it's always a dude in a suit or a cheesy animation. I just thought I would say that.

Loves these stories like this I just love to hear about anything having to do with Cryptozoology!

• 1 year later...

i posted this in forum but i think it should be here

well heres my theory i think its a lil more solid than high gate

i think mothman surfaced again alright around 1995

in brazil under the assumed identity "chupacabra"

1. mothman footprint >>

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...ost&id=5346 chupacabra footprint>> http://z.about.com/d/paranormal/1/0/m/N/chups_prints.jpg

2.the dead animals 3.the red eyes

3.the batlike wings

user posted image

maybe we shoulda been watchin for something to happen there?

Same creature, different names. Would be interesting to know if these are connected.