Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Warning Signs of Christ's Second Coming

Grim Reaper 6

9 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Your opinion doesn’t make it true. But then whatever story helps you sleep at night. 

cormac

It really wouldn't be a wonder that you don't sleep very well at night if you think spiritual comprehension is just a story.

Just now, Will Due said:

It really wouldn't be a wonder that you don't sleep very well at night if you think spiritual comprehension is just a story.

I sleep very soundly thank you very much and without your fiction too. 

cormac

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Hey, how old are you going to be before you pull yourself out of the idea that you have to live in a tunnel?

you've lost me there

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I sleep very soundly thank you very much and without your fiction too. 

cormac

What about your fiction that spiritual comprehension is just somebody's story?

Just now, Will Due said:

grow up 🥱

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

you've lost me there

I jumped the gun. I thought you were Xeno the tunneler.

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

It’s not fiction as it’s not relevant to my belief or understanding of reality. You are dependent on it, I’m not. 

cormac

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

grow up 🥱

You're a musician. Are you really going to tell me that you haven't spiritually comprehended many things while involving yourself a musically?

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

It’s not fiction as it’s not relevant to my belief or understanding of reality. You are dependent on it, I’m not. 

cormac

So how do you comprehend that Deity is the Creator if you don't do it spiritually?

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You're a musician. Are you really going to tell me that you haven't spiritually comprehended many things while involving yourself a musically?

yep i'm going to tell you that- plus i stopped hanging up a christmas stocking 60 years ago

Just now, Will Due said:

So how do you comprehend that Deity is the Creator if you don't do it spiritually?

They are two words for the same thing and not remotely limited to your “spiritual” understanding. They are only Deity/Creator in the sense that that’s where our knowledge base starts, NOT that we can know anything prior to that with any specificity. 

cormac

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

They are two words for the same thing and not remotely limited to your “spiritual” understanding. They are only Deity/Creator in the sense that that’s where our knowledge base starts, NOT that we can know anything prior to that with any specificity. 

cormac

So you do comprehend something about God. That he's deity and that he's the creator. So why do you keep going on and on that God is incomprehensible? Don't you realize your contradiction?

On 10/18/2023 at 6:22 PM, XenoFish said:

I think the worst is "knowing" yet not trying to prevent. Becoming agents of peace instead of avatars of destruction. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

Hi Will

I can't answer for Cormac or anyone else but for me spirituallity is the attitude that I face life with and not dependent on having a god construct.

When I was young my dad told be that he trained horses and didn't break them. He took his time starting with putting the halter on so the horse would get used to having a bit in it's mouth. Then he would get the horse used to having a blanket on it's back, when the horse was used to it he would then get it used to having a saddle put on and off without cinching it. Each step was about building trust as dad said if you break a horse you are breaking it"s spirit and the horse would never give you it's best.

Humans are not so different when it comes to building trust as it is a process so if you take your time to build that relationship people will follow you to the ends of the earth if you don't then they will not give you their best nor will there be trust.

Religion can work the same way and has nothing to do with god really as religions are an influence of man on man about a god idea.

My dads words to me about breaking a horse played a big part in how I trusted anyone as well as how to earn the trust of others and no man has ever been able to break my spirit.

Cormac gave a fair explaination of his position that he sees the potential for a creator undefined. I don't see him as emotionally weak or needy and more of a rational intellect that has compassion and empathy for others without demanding it in return which for me is an expression of his spirit in life.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Looking at ones own faults and foibles is a lot easier, at least for me.

There is only an up-lift, only a positive result, only a road to redemption, peace and happiness.

In other words looking inwards, being mindful, and taking responsibility should be a piece of cake.

Pointing out the stupid/ignorant behaviour of someone else, especially someone you know and love, risks everything and should be undertaken with a delicate carefulness. Its tricky, its risky, but if one has already done some work upon themselves, then the chances of a success is greatly enhanced.

I on the other hand work on my own faults, perhaps in doing so it would encourage others to look inward and work on their own issues. Some things though do need addressing through a trained professional and not by some internet do gooder who might offer “help” that is far worse. I do agree with you concerning the part about one pointing out the faults of others is risky, far too often people take that as persecution and sometimes will double down on their bad behavior. One must take care when helping others so as not to push those people away, unless their actions are detrimental to your own and families mental health and safety.

• Like 3

The problem is that there isn't an increase in the "frequency and intensity of such calamities as hurricanes, earthquakes, and disease outbreaks".

It's only the media makes you think so.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

The problem is that there isn't an increase in the "frequency and intensity of such calamities as hurricanes, earthquakes, and disease outbreaks".

It's only the media makes you think so.

Twisters ripping up the Northern Plains never use to be national news.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Piney said:

Twisters ripping up the Northern Plains never use to be national news.

Yeah, back in the '60s, in the three Network days before communication satellites, you had a half hour of local news and a half hour of national news two or three times a day. After midnight, television broadcasts ceased until dawn. Local news was the primary interest and national news, except for crises, was spotty at best. Newspapers, in an era prior to the information age, were much more important, then than now. They were equal parts news and entertainment. Magazines, periodicals and radio fills out the extent of information input available to the average citizen. The local community was much tighter then, more insular and something that happened in the far corners of one's own State, even, was over the hills and far away. You rarely heard about such things as a bus falling off a mountain in Ecuador or a train wreck in India.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, back in the '60s, in the three Network days before communication satellites, you had a half hour of local news and a half hour of national news two or three times a day. After midnight, television broadcasts ceased until dawn. Local news was the primary interest and national news, except for crises, was spotty at best. Newspapers, in an era prior to the information age, were much more important, then than now. They were equal parts news and entertainment. Magazines, periodicals and radio fills out the extent of information input available to the average citizen. The local community was much tighter then, more insular and something that happened in the far corners of one's own State, even, was over the hills and far away. You rarely heard about such things as a bus falling off a mountain in Ecuador or a train wreck in India.

I was shocked to see the Philadelphia News start talking about happenings in Ocean County and the Pine Barrens. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was shocked to see the Philadelphia News start talking about happenings in Ocean County and the Pine Barrens. 

Exciting, wasn't it? They talked about us on Television! Ah, the days on innocence.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Exciting, wasn't it? They talked about us on Television! Ah, the days of domestic meth labs.

Fixed it....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Piney said:

Fixed it....

Wasn''t no meth in the sixties. Got any 'ludes? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

100% this. I miss that world.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Will Due said:

I'm not sure what spiritual comprehension is but I assume it's like faith then why bother arguing about it with people who it seems are bullying you simply for the way you feel about something?  Are they worth it? They seem to have an irrational hostility toward you or probably Christianity.  I wonder, would they treat a Hindu with such vehemence if they were on here speaking about why they have belief in their religion?  I doubt it sincerely.  

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I'm not sure what spiritual comprehension is but I assume it's like faith then why bother arguing about it with people who it seems are bullying you simply for the way you feel about something?  Are they worth it? They seem to have an irrational hostility toward you or probably Christianity.  I wonder, would they treat a Hindu with such vehemence if they were on here speaking about why they have belief in their religion?  I doubt it sincerely.  

Will has repeatedly preached his space jesus religion. It isn't that he believes, it's the forced expectation that others should too. Or else.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Thanks 2