Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Warning Signs of Christ's Second Coming

Grim Reaper 6

We're  not even remotely close to the violence, poverty, famine and perverse mass killings performed in medieval times 500 years ago. 

These are actually luxurious times comparing to what our ancestors have been through.  I do hope for better though!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Guyver said:

Jewish Temple, on its proper mount, making animal sacrifices daily.

Where in the world did you get this stuff from? 

8 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

Where in the world did you get this stuff from? 

From the Bible.  I’m surprised you don’t know it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 4:17 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

The frequency and intensity of such calamities as hurricanes, earthquakes, and disease outbreaks have surged, drawing parallels with biblical predictions and prompting discussions regarding their possible significance in the context of the Second Coming.

From the same chapter - 

Definitely... with the threat of nuclear war always hanging in the balance (it's talking about something else tho). 

Edited by ReadTheGreatControversyEGW
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

Haven't seen a lot of this yet -->  

Donald Trump is a false prophet and why I believe this to accurate is because he openly said I AM THE CHOSEN ONE.

Many took his comments as a joke, but Christians should have realized then what and who he is.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Donald Trump is a false prophet and why I believe this to accurate is because he openly said I AM THE CHOSEN ONE.

Many took his comments as a joke, but Christians should have realized then what and who he is.

What? 

A moron who owes more than he owns who's mortgages are held by the Saudis and Russians?

A wannabe dictator clown who's speeches are just senseless ramblings? 

A pathological liar? 

"Prophecy is superstition"- Zen maxim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2023 at 11:17 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

For centuries, the concept of the Second Coming has been central to Christian beliefs. Adherents frequently turn to the Bible to understand potential signs of this anticipated event. The Bible, specifically in Matthew 24:6, mentions the forewarning of wars and rumors of wars as signs of the end times. Recent global events, particularly the heightened conflicts in countries like Israel and Ukraine, are seen by some as the manifestation of these biblical prophecies. Matthew 24:7, wherein Jesus prophesied the advent of famines, pestilences, and earthquakes, resonates in the context of today’s increased natural disasters. 

The frequency and intensity of such calamities as hurricanes, earthquakes, and disease outbreaks have surged, drawing parallels with biblical predictions and prompting discussions regarding their possible significance in the context of the Second Coming.

See the slide show for the rest of the story: Warning Signs of Christ's Second Coming (msn.com)

So it doesn't have anything to do with Jesus' second orgasm?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Piney said:

What? 

A moron who owes more than he owns who's mortgages are held by the Saudis and Russians?

A wannabe dictator clown who's speeches are just senseless ramblings? 

A pathological liar? 

"Prophecy is superstition"- Zen maxim

Actually he fits the description perfectly, just look at the way his followers (MAGA) bend the knee and kiss his ring. The mark of the beast is his retail gear, I mean every single MAGALITE has one of his hats, seriously Piney this is some scary **** dude!!👺 😁

• Haha 1

Just now, Abramelin said:

So it doesn't have anything to do with Jesus' second orgasm?

I wouldn’t know about those intimate details, I think you should contact Mary Magdalene!:yes:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, razman said:

Well , wars and diseases have been going on for a heck of a long time.

Exactly.  Which is why wars, rumors of war, famine, earthquakes and pestilence are not signs of the end of the world, or the signs of Jesus' second coming.....which BTW, according to the Bible, in the words of Jesus himself was to have occurred within one generation after his alleged resurrection, and that did not occur, except in the beliefs of Preterists.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Matthew 24 also says this.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

True, no man knows the day or the hour, according to Jesus.  But that same Jesus said we could know the season.

Matthew 25:13 =  “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour [b]in which the Son of Man is coming."

Matthew 24 - The Parable of the Fig Tree shows that people may know the season these things occur.  That's Bible talk for about the time.

"32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

It's not there. 

It's there and you have missed the key to understanding.  It is the Abomination of Desolation as spoken by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand) and confirmed again by Jesus that proves my point.

Here is my point once again for those who may be doubting.  The Second Coming of Christ, the Tribulation Period, the End of the World as we know it, hinges upon one central point of bible prophecy.....namely the Abomination of Desolation.  It is after the Abomination of Desolation occurs that the Tribulation begins, according to the prophecies of Jesus and Daniel.  

Matthew 24:29 and following.  "“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. "

Now, the bible actually calls this the signs of the End Times, and you can see it for yourself in Matthew Chapter 24.

" “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the [c]elect’s sake those days will be shortened."

So, what is the Abomination of Desolation - that important thing which must occur prior to the Tribulation Period and Christ's Second Coming?  Well, I will give all our forum Bible believers a chance to explain it.....or anyone else who thinks they have it figured out....and then I will come back and explain it myself for anyone who is interested.  

Edited by Guyver
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Guyver said:

So, what is the Abomination of Desolation - that important thing which must occur prior to the Tribulation Period and Christ's Second Coming?  Well, I will give all our forum Bible believers a chance to explain it.....or anyone else who thinks they have it figured out....and then I will come back and explain it myself for anyone who is interested.  

In Daniel it was Antiochus Epiphanes. I would guess in the New Testament it was Titus because he didn't leave too much left of Jerusalem. 

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Actually he fits the description perfectly, just look at the way his followers (MAGA) bend the knee and kiss his ring. The mark of the beast is his retail gear, I mean every single MAGALITE has one of his hats, seriously Piney this is some scary **** dude!!👺 😁

Hitler was scarier, so was Vlad Tepes. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to wonder why believers would take the word ταχυς (tachus), meaning quickly or swiftly, in relation to when Jesus allegedly claimed the events of Revelation would occur and misrepresent it as some later point far into the future. It was meant for a first century audience, that should have been enough.

cormac

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Piney said:

In Daniel it was Antiochus Epiphanes. I would guess in the New Testament it was Titus because he didn't leave too much left of Jerusalem. 

100%.  Well done Piney.  Problem is, you have expressed what is known as the "Secular" view, which is also accepted by Preterists.  The problem is that Bible Believers do not accept this view.  Bible believers have a special way of viewing the Bible that allows them to believe that prophecies, and other words written in the Bible have more than one meaning and often more than one way to interpret or apply.  Some sayings from the Bible can be interpreted and used in several different ways.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

I have to wonder why believers would take the word ταχυς (tachus), meaning quickly or swiftly, in relation to when Jesus allegedly claimed the events of Revelation would occur and misrepresent it as some later point far into the future. It was meant for a first century audience, that should have been enough.

cormac

Correct.  This is a perfect example of how Bible believers flex the meanings of Bible words to accommodate their own belief systems. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

100%.  Well done Piney.  Problem is, you have expressed what is known as the "Secular" view, which is also accepted by Preterists.  The problem is that Bible Believers do not accept this view.  Bible believers have a special way of viewing the Bible that allows them to believe that prophecies, and other words written in the Bible have more than one meaning and often more than one way to interpret or apply.  Some sayings from the Bible can be interpreted and used in several different ways.  

None of the real Christians I know believe Revelations to be anything more than garbage, including the Presbyterian minister I was a sawyer for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Correct.  This is a perfect example of how Bible believers flex the meanings of Bible words to accommodate their own belief systems. 

Unfortunately it’s caused nearly 2000 years of fear and paranoia on the part of Christian believers. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Guyver said:

The NIV was purposely twisted so the Old Testament prophecy applies to Jesus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right to both of you gentlemen above.  In the following posts, I will attempt to demonstrate why I was so confident in my assertions in this thread, and in any thread where people are confused into thinking that Jesus could return any time soon, or that the Tribulation Period may be about to occur, or that it is the End of the World as we know it.  However, unlike Bible believers, I will be using proper Biblical Exegesis based upon on fundamental Bible principle to establish truth - namely, the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Beginning with the law of Moses, this Biblical principle means that it takes two or three witnesses to confirm the truth of a matter, and it is  important in understanding the Bible because many people will take one verse out of context, and use it to establish a doctrine, as Christians in the Modern World have been doing for hundreds of years, if not more.....famously in America, where many groups of people since the foundation of our country, have mistakenly thought that Jesus would be returning soon.  In recent times it was done by a popular radio broadcast preacher who made headlines with his prophecy of Jesus' return, and he convinced many people to sell their belongings and prepare for the end of the world.....this obviously did not happen.  

• Like 1

So, lets get right to it, shall we?  As I said earlier, it is the Abomination of Desolation that is the key to understanding Bible prophecy related to the End of the World, and the Second Coming of Christ which occurs AFTER the Tribulation Period.  

So, what is the Abomination of Desolation as spoken by Daniel and Jesus standing in the Holy Place?

Well, the Holy Place, aka, the Holy of Holies, is a place within the innermost sanctum of the Jewish Temple, standing on the Temple Mount - aka - Jerusalem, where God himself was believed to reside.  The High Priest of the Jews was only allowed in there once per year, and that was only after a lengthy and involved purification process.  Anyone else who tried to go in there would be killed instantly by God, or an angel.  Even the High Priest, if he did not follow the proper protocol would be killed.  That's why they attached a rope to him -not her BTW- and this rope had bells on it.  When the bells stopped ringing, it meant that the priest had died during service, and they would drag his lifeless body out from beneath the curtain, or veil, and they would need to appoint a new high priest and start again.

So, first necessary and undeniable point of the Abomination is that it occurs within the inner sanctum of the JEWISH TEMPLE in Jerusalem.  

Edited by Guyver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1