Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Warning Signs of Christ's Second Coming


Grim Reaper 6

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

That is just a load of crap you tell yourself to feel superior. You are projecting that you are good/smarter which is highly subjective

Its just an observation, Jay.

And you are proving it perfectly well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Now?   I have heard that warning since I was a kid.   Always imminent and sometimes a specific date is given and an excuse when it doesn't happen.

I know, I was talking about this thread.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya know, I've read through a lot of the posts and truly hesitate to post this.

But I've come across some reasoning on some biblical verses that not only incorporate end times viewpoints, but also the concept of reincarnation. I don't plan anything other than presenting it, so I can't say I fully follow all of it, but it certainly intrigues me.

Here it is (I'm doing a cut/paste):

MATTHEW 13:49-52

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.

52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

These verses speak of things toward “the end of the world”. It speaks of those (world) groups considered more “wicked” as being somehow separated from those groups considered more “just”. And thus being severed from among the just, they would then be cast “into the furnace of fire”. In this regard, large munitions explosions of intense burning and destruction could easily be considered a furnace of fire that would cause wailing and gnashing of teeth.

He then asks those to whom he speaks if they are understanding what he is telling them? And when they tell him they understand, he then gives a strange reference about those who are scribes. And not just all scribes, but those who have been specifically instructed about and understand the Kingdom of Heaven and perhaps how it is spread. He further states that these scribes will be like a householder who brings forth out of all the treasures he has spent his time collecting, things new and old. These scribes will have access to new information that previous generations did not have. These scribes will be able to make comparisons of the new with the old. By such comparisons these scribes will be able to provide a clearer picture of world affairs and things that may be happening in the world.

The context for this discussion is after he has sent away the multitudes (Matthew 13:36) and he is now only speaking with his closest disciples. This chapter speaks of how Christ would speak to the crowds in parables that contained something of what he was declaring, but in such a manner that only those who contemplated on it would be able to come to a full understanding. However, in private, he would instruct his disciples more completely on what he was saying. This would logically mean that some of his close disciples would have a greater understanding about all his teachings on the Kingdom of Heaven and how things were being accomplished. I think it a good point to also say that though we may have some of what Christ may have taught his closest disciples, I think there could be much more his disciples had been taught than what we read about in the Bible.

In view of the possibility of reincarnation being a process of development for spiritual beings, and the possibility of Kingdom citizens to also be able to reincarnate for intended purposes (reference John 10:9 & 27-29), would it be too much of a stretch to consider that the scribes to which Christ refers might also be individuals who have also seen things both new and old, and have had much instruction and experience incorporated into their personalities? I like to think that each personality contains much, much more information than what appears on the surface. Perhaps it could be that such individuals would have some innate desire or pull to consider all the old and new to make the comparisons that need to be made to discover a fuller picture of things and then be able to provide a more coherent picture.

Compare to:

Daniel 12:1-10

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.

6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Its just an observation, Jay.

And you are proving it perfectly well.

Hi Crazy Horse

Look at how you word your post maybe it's not written in a manner that reflects your thoughts adequetely then. As it reads you are expressing that you are the smart one because of your subjective perspective of what is good.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

GOD gave you free will.

 

 

God gave me free will? Let me quote myself now concerning this bit.

17 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

All I ask is proof that a divine being exists (without the bible because the lord of the rings books don’t prove that Gandalf was a real person either) and then I will take in to consideration that this being just might return.

If you and your fellow evangelists here on the UM site can claim the existence of a deity and are so big brained, then by all means elucidate the rest of us about the actual existence of your deity. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence so sock it to me bucko.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sojo said:

Ya know, I've read through a lot of the posts and truly hesitate to post this.

But I've come across some reasoning on some biblical verses that not only incorporate end times viewpoints, but also the concept of reincarnation. I don't plan anything other than presenting it, so I can't say I fully follow all of it, but it certainly intrigues me.

Here it is (I'm doing a cut/paste):

MATTHEW 13:49-52

 

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

 

50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

 

51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.

 

52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

 

These verses speak of things toward “the end of the world”. It speaks of those (world) groups considered more “wicked” as being somehow separated from those groups considered more “just”. And thus being severed from among the just, they would then be cast “into the furnace of fire”. In this regard, large munitions explosions of intense burning and destruction could easily be considered a furnace of fire that would cause wailing and gnashing of teeth.

 

He then asks those to whom he speaks if they are understanding what he is telling them? And when they tell him they understand, he then gives a strange reference about those who are scribes. And not just all scribes, but those who have been specifically instructed about and understand the Kingdom of Heaven and perhaps how it is spread. He further states that these scribes will be like a householder who brings forth out of all the treasures he has spent his time collecting, things new and old. These scribes will have access to new information that previous generations did not have. These scribes will be able to make comparisons of the new with the old. By such comparisons these scribes will be able to provide a clearer picture of world affairs and things that may be happening in the world.

 

The context for this discussion is after he has sent away the multitudes (Matthew 13:36) and he is now only speaking with his closest disciples. This chapter speaks of how Christ would speak to the crowds in parables that contained something of what he was declaring, but in such a manner that only those who contemplated on it would be able to come to a full understanding. However, in private, he would instruct his disciples more completely on what he was saying. This would logically mean that some of his close disciples would have a greater understanding about all his teachings on the Kingdom of Heaven and how things were being accomplished. I think it a good point to also say that though we may have some of what Christ may have taught his closest disciples, I think there could be much more his disciples had been taught than what we read about in the Bible.

 

In view of the possibility of reincarnation being a process of development for spiritual beings, and the possibility of Kingdom citizens to also be able to reincarnate for intended purposes (reference John 10:9 & 27-29), would it be too much of a stretch to consider that the scribes to which Christ refers might also be individuals who have also seen things both new and old, and have had much instruction and experience incorporated into their personalities? I like to think that each personality contains much, much more information than what appears on the surface. Perhaps it could be that such individuals would have some innate desire or pull to consider all the old and new to make the comparisons that need to be made to discover a fuller picture of things and then be able to provide a more coherent picture.

 

Compare to:

 

Daniel 12:1-10

 

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

 

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

 

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

 

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

 

5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.

 

6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

 

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

 

8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

 

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

 

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

 

Matthew, which was based on Mark was written by someone who didn't know Jesus and written after the destruction of Jerusalem. It borrowed a lot from Greco-Buddhist and quite possibly Greco-Hindu writings. We don't know what the historical Jesus taught at all.

Daniel was written close to the end f the Ptolemaic Era and borrows from the Greeks also. It is a historical fiction "novel" written to give Joshua Maccabees "Messiah props" and has to be viewed through that lense. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2023 at 3:47 PM, Piney said:

You can't judge the present without knowing the past.

How can you trust the consensus? Some of us don't. Does that make us wrong? They say prophecy is to warn us? Is that really true? Or is it like planting seeds that are so logical they come true? From my relativity I have numerous reasons to doubt mainstream consensus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2023 at 11:51 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Donald Trump is a false prophet and why I believe this to accurate is because he openly said I AM THE CHOSEN ONE.

Many took his comments as a joke, but Christians should have realized then what and who he is.

 

He only caters to the gullible and thumpers that spend their waking breaths,that they were right and the end is coming! Remember when openly said he could kill someone in the street and get away with it? And he was freaking right!

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2023 at 4:17 PM, Guyver said:

It's too bad Ronnie James Dio is no longer with us, I feel he could crush a heavy rock number on the topic of Revelations.

day will turn to night, night will turn to day - stars won't give their light and the sun refused to shine

moon will turn to blood, as the rocks begin to fall

run and hide with no where to go the powers of the heavens are shakin

loose the dragon and the little lamb hail are the burning rocks that fall and you are done

Or something along those lines lol.

 

Iron Maiden could do this justice!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2023 at 11:29 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Look at how you word your post maybe it's not written in a manner that reflects your thoughts adequetely then. As it reads you are expressing that you are the smart one because of your subjective perspective of what is good.

Its not only my subjective perspective..

It is because I know the law of cause and effect.

That means that I already know, have already realised that an open mind, a warm heart, an inquisitive attitude, an honest nature, and a friendly disposition etc, will make one smarter.

Cause and effect..

How many times do you have to be told?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2023 at 4:14 AM, newbloodmoon said:

God gave me free will? Let me quote myself now concerning this bit.

If you and your fellow evangelists here on the UM site can claim the existence of a deity and are so big brained, then by all means elucidate the rest of us about the actual existence of your deity. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence so sock it to me bucko.

The thing is..

If this Universal Principle of Cause and Effect is proven, which it is, then the ideal that a universe, life, intelligence etc are nothing but a mere accident, is seen as the complete and utter nonsense that it is, which leaves what?

GOD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

The thing is..

If this Universal Principle of Cause and Effect is proven, which it is, then the ideal that a universe, life, intelligence etc are nothing but a mere accident, is seen as the complete and utter nonsense that it is, which leaves what?

GOD.

The thing is…

It leaves us with people who understand how the universe, life, intelligence, etc came about through the scientific method which continues to advance through better understanding and application of such sciences. Granted not everyone understands these sciences equally but thats besides the point.
 

On the flip side of that coin, there are people who don’t understand, either through lack of education (or a diminished capacity to understand said education through no fault of their own) or willful ignorance once they have been educated in order to fit their narrative of “Blah, blah, blah, the science ain’t real cause god did it”. 

I on the other hand accept that there are things that I don’t understand or lack the capacity to explain it in adequately. But what I will never do again is say “I don’t understand so ‘deity x’ did it. Tada! Me big brained the meaning of everything”.

Cosmology, Abiogenesis, Evolution, and the other sciences explain more then adequately how we currently understand things. What these science’s don’t teach is, accidents happened and here we are, they explain the processes of how we got here.

 

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, newbloodmoon said:

The thing is…

It leaves us with people who understand how the universe, life, intelligence, etc came about through the scientific method which continues to advance through better understanding and application of such sciences. 
 

On the flip side of that coin, there are people who don’t understand, either through lack of education (or a diminished capacity to understand said education through no fault of their own) or willful ignorance once they have been educated in order to fit their narrative of “Blah, blah, blah, the science ain’t real cause god did it”. 

I on the other hand accept that there are things that I don’t understand or lack the capacity to explain it in adequately. But what I will never do again is say “I don’t understand so ‘deity x’ did it. Tada! Me big brained the meaning of everything”.

Cosmology, Abiogenesis, Evolution, and the other sciences explain more then adequately how we currently understand things. What these science’s don’t teach is, accidents happened and here we are, they explain the processes of how we got here.

 

But none of that address' the observation that the Universe cannot be an accident if the Law of Cause and Effect is real.

And if its not an accident, then what was the Cause?

Personally I would put forward the Ideal of GOD, Spirit, Mind and then only afterwards, matter.

If you have another idea then fine, I don't actually care what you think, I only hope your beliefs bring you peace and happiness.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

But none of that address' the observation that the Universe cannot be an accident if the Law of Cause and Effect is real.

And if its not an accident, then what was the Cause?

Personally I would put forward the Ideal of GOD, Spirit, Mind and then only afterwards, matter.

If you have another idea then fine, I don't actually care what you think, I only hope your beliefs bring you peace and happiness.

 

Here’s your chance to prove that what you believe is correct. If you can do such a simple task as you seem to believe it is, then I see a Nobel prize, sainthood, and the accolades of believers and non believers alike as they rush to pat you on the back while saying “Well done chap, you’ve revolutionized the sciences as we formerly knew them and you will forever stand head and shoulders above past giants”.

Anyway lets steer this ship back to the topic at hand, which to my understanding is the warning signs of the second coming. If you wish to prove your claims outside the OP’s topic than start that thread and I’ll see you there.

Edited by newbloodmoon
Grammer etc.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Its not only my subjective perspective..

It is because I know the law of cause and effect.

That means that I already know, have already realised that an open mind, a warm heart, an inquisitive attitude, an honest nature, and a friendly disposition etc, will make one smarter.

Cause and effect..

How many times do you have to be told?

Hi Crazy Horse

You are vane, ill informed with a superiority complex that talks down to people because they hold a different view than you..the cause and effect is that you alienate the majority of people that are willing to talk to you productively.

20 years of claimed mindfulness yup sure shows.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

You are vane, ill informed with a superiority complex that talks down to people because they hold a different view than you..the cause and effect is that you alienate the majority of people that are willing to talk to you productively.

20 years of claimed mindfulness yup sure shows.

I just hold a mirror up to other folks actions.

If you don't like it, then don't do it in the first place, and please stop whinging, too.

Nobody is forcing you to communicate with me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I just hold a mirror up to other folks actions.

Because that’s so much easier than looking at your own actions. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, newbloodmoon said:

Because that’s so much easier than looking at your own actions. 

No its not easier, it takes courage and strength, two traits of a loving person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Its not only my subjective perspective..

It is because I know the law of cause and effect.

That means that I already know, have already realised that an open mind, a warm heart, an inquisitive attitude, an honest nature, and a friendly disposition etc, will make one smarter.

Cause and effect..

How many times do you have to be told?

What you know you show. Talking about semantics is not the same as behaving in a way of the ideas you espouse. It doesn’t come across you have 20 years of a mindfulness practice. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No its not easier, it takes courage and strength, two traits of a loving person.

Over on another thread, CH is triggered and lashing out. How do you explain this? 

  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Over on another thread, CH is triggered and lashing out. How do you explain this? 

No one is triggered, or lashing out, simply telling my truth as the mirror demands.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

I just hold a mirror up to other folks actions.

If you don't like it, then don't do it in the first place, and please stop whinging, too.

Nobody is forcing you to communicate with me.

 

Hi Crazy Horse

It's a discussion forum so if you quote me I willl respond. I am not whining as I am callling a spade a spade. You come here fulll of yourself mindlessly flapping your gums like a sheet in the wind. You start most of the friction you get with how you talk to others so own your actions like a man.

  • Thanks 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No one is triggered, or lashing out, simply telling my truth as the mirror demands.

It doesn't appear you can identify cause and effect? How do you explain this?

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Several of our more illogical and rambunctious posters display strong inclinations for the magical thinking fallacy.

Wikipedia.

Magical thinking, or superstitious thinking,[1] is the belief that unrelated events are causally connected despite the absence of any plausible causal link between them, particularly as a result of supernatural effects.[1][2][3] Examples include the idea that personal thoughts can influence the external world without acting on them, or that objects must be causally connected if they resemble each other or have come into contact with each other in the past.[1][2][4] Magical thinking is a type of fallacious thinking and is a common source of invalid causal inferences.[3][5] Unlike the confusion of correlation with causation, magical thinking does not require the events to be correlated.[3]

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

No its not easier, it takes courage and strength, two traits of a loving person.

I disagree. I find that recognizing your own faults and foibles, and making an earnest attempt at correcting those issues when they are pointed out to you, to be far more courageous, and having a higher degree of internal strength than say pointing out the faults of others. Sure helping others is good as well but pointing out others faults while ignoring your own or outright denying you have any as you fix” the problems of others on the other hand is cowardly and unloving.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.