Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Warning Signs of Christ's Second Coming

Grim Reaper 6

On 11/17/2023 at 7:29 AM, newbloodmoon said:

I disagree. I find that recognizing your own faults and foibles, and making an earnest attempt at correcting those issues when they are pointed out to you, to be far more courageous, and having a higher degree of internal strength than say pointing out the faults of others. Sure helping others is good as well but pointing out others faults while ignoring your own or outright denying you have any as you fix” the problems of others on the other hand is cowardly and unloving.

Looking at ones own faults and foibles is a lot easier, at least for me.

There is only an up-lift, only a positive result, only a road to redemption, peace and happiness.

In other words looking inwards, being mindful, and taking responsibility should be a piece of cake.

Pointing out the stupid/ignorant behaviour of someone else, especially someone you know and love, risks everything and should be undertaken with a delicate carefulness. Its tricky, its risky, but if one has already done some work upon themselves, then the chances of a success is greatly enhanced.

• Like 1

I feel that both traditional Christianity and Islam are death cults obsessed with everyone dying as punishment for having the wrong faith and their own religion encompassing the whole world.  I don't believe in the end of the world.  Not like that anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I feel that both traditional Christianity and Islam are death cults obsessed with everyone dying as punishment for having the wrong faith and their own religion encompassing the whole world.  I don't believe in the end of the world.  Not like that anyway.

Christianity started as a doomsday cult and Mohammed was a warlord who hated the fact the Arabs were ruled by a Goddess and women. 

Nothing I want...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I have heard quite a few people on here describe Christianity as a death cult, but it was never explain as to why?

I mean, I see Christ talking about love, forgiveness, blessed are the peacemakers etc..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I have heard quite a few people on here describe Christianity as a death cult, but it was never explain as to why?

I mean, I see Christ talking about love, forgiveness, blessed are the peacemakers etc..

Yes if you just go by what is attributed to coming out of Jesus's mouth I feel you are right, but once you accept the Book of Revelations as a legitimate part of the new testament then it becomes what I feel is a death cult waiting for and somewhat excited about the end of the world as we know it through war, famine and plague all so that only the true believers will remain in a brand new kingdom making Christians right and the rest of the world wrong.  Islam, pretty much the same.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yes if you just go by what is attributed to coming out of Jesus's mouth I feel you are right, but once you accept the Book of Revelations as a legitimate part of the new testament then it becomes what I feel is a death cult waiting for and somewhat excited about the end of the world as we know it through war, famine and plague all so that only the true believers will remain in a brand new kingdom making Christians right and the rest of the world wrong.  Islam, pretty much the same.

And a death cult that was supposed to come to completion 2000 years ago but failed, miserably. And just like other end times prophecies every time it doesn’t happen excuses are made and new dates proposed. 

cormac

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And a death cult that was supposed to come to completion 2000 years ago but failed, miserably. And just like other end times prophecies every time it doesn’t happen excuses are made and new dates proposed. 

cormac

Remember all the people convinced the Rapture would occur in 2011?  There were parents that disowned their children convinced they would go to heaven without dying while their children underwent the apocalypse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Remember all the people convinced the Rapture would occur in 2011?  There were parents that disowned their children convinced they would go to heaven without dying while their children underwent the apocalypse.

People have been told the lie so often they’ve bought into it. The Bible has Jesus telling people the end times would occur WITHIN THEIR GENERATION. It can’t be any more direct than that. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Attributed is the key word. The Gospels were written after Jesus was long dead by people who never knew him and a lot of Alexandrian Greco-Buddhist teachings were put into his mouth. 

My theory is the historic Jesus was Ben Ananias. A two bit uneducated doomsday prophet. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Attributed is the key word. The Gospels were written after Jesus was long dead by people who never knew him and a lot of Alexandrian Greco-Buddhist teachings were put into his mouth. 

My theory is the historic Jesus was Ben Ananias. A two bit uneducated doomsday prophet. 

I'll have to look that up.  

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this video (which I haven't seen in years) but I think it has some good arguments for Jesus being an actual person alive when the NT says he was (if I remember correctly)

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this video (which I haven't seen in years) but I think it has some good arguments for Jesus being an actual person alive when the NT says he was

Metatron knows his stuff and I agree with his opinions and videos which are fact accurate, but we disagree on this. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this video (which I haven't seen in years) but I think it has some good arguments for Jesus being an actual person alive when the NT says he was (if I remember correctly)

A Jew named Jesus isn’t really the problem, the problem arises from the Biblical Jesus called Christ and his alleged teachings and miracles. There is absolutely zero evidence that the Biblical Jesus existed and everything written about him was, as Piney said, written long after his death by people who never knew him. Christianity is therefore based on hear-say. 

cormac

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

A Jew named Jesus isn’t really the problem, the problem arises from the Biblical Jesus called Christ and his alleged teachings and miracles. There is absolutely zero evidence that the Biblical Jesus existed and everything written about him was, as Piney said, written long after his death by people who never knew him. Christianity is therefore based on hear-say. 

cormac

There is not zero proof that biblical Jesus lived as evidenced in that video in which are written fairly contemporary accounts that there was indeed a real person that inspired the religion.  Miracles and resurrections aside of course, that's not tough to believe at all.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

There is not zero proof that biblical Jesus lived as evidenced in that video in which are written fairly contemporary accounts that there was indeed a real person that inspired the religion.  Miracles and resurrections aside of course, that's not tough to believe at all.

No they’re not fairly contemporary sources. Jesus allegedly died circa 33 AD. Tacitus, as an example, wasn’t born until circa 56 AD, 23 years later and his Annals wasn’t written until early 2nd century AD. 

Jesus, the man, also wouldn’t have been anointed as Christ by anyone qualified to do so as the Jews of the 1st century were expecting a warrior-priest to defeat the Romans. THAT was their idea of Christ/Messiah. 

cormac

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

No they’re not fairly contemporary sources. Jesus allegedly died circa 33 AD. Tacitus, as an example, wasn’t born until circa 56 AD, 23 years later and his Annals wasn’t written until early 2nd century AD. 

So 23 years then.  He having access certainly to the contemporary records.  That's pretty contemporary over more than 2,000 years. Are you saying that if he didn't personally see him then there was no actual human that inspired the worlds largest religion?  I guess we will probably just have to disagree.

Edited by OverSword

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So 23 years then.  He having access certainly to the contemporary records.  That's pretty contemporary over more than 2,000 years. Are you saying that if he didn't personally see him then there was no actual human than inspired the worlds largest religion?  I guess we will probably just have to disagree.

Seriously? Did you not understand what I just said? Tacitus’ Annals weren’t even written until the 2nd century, by some accounts by 116 AD. That’s 83 years later. There’s nothing contemporary about that. 

No I’m not saying that. Many separate Jesus, the man, from Jesus the Christ as there is nothing contemporary to suggest the latter ever existed. The former though is entirely likely but nothing can be known about him beyond what would have been expected of a 1st century AD Jew. 

BTW, Paul himself admits he never met Jesus in the flesh but merely in a dream

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 4

If a person is curious and really wants to know, a lot can be known about Jesus beyond what would have been expected of a 1st century AD Jew. 

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

If a person is curious and really wants to know, a lot can be known about Jesus beyond what would have been expected of a 1st century AD Jew. 

Religious fiction doesn’t count. 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Religious fiction doesn’t count. 

cormac

Spiritual truth is what counts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Spiritual truth is what counts.

I haven’t seen any so far and your oft-quoted UB isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. It and used TP should be disposed of for the same reason. 

cormac

• Like 4

Most people who know, recognize the truth about Jesus (beyond him being a first century Jew) by just looking around and observing it practically everywhere.

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Most people who know, recognize the truth about Jesus (beyond him being a first century Jew) by just looking around and observing it practically everywhere.

Confirmation bias.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Confirmation bias.

Exactly! 

cormac

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Confirmation bias.

Negative attitude.

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Negative attitude.

Nah, I just know a reality tunnel when I see one. You've got Jesus juice everywhere.

MjAxMi1kNjM0NWFmOWZhOGJhNDlj.png

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2