Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens when an AI inevitably passes the Turing test ?

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to What happens when an AI inevitably passes the Turing test ?

I thought they already could pass it. In any event, intelligent machines are the future that’s for sure.  Did anyone watch the film I,Robot?  It proposed that in the future most people will have intelligent robots as servants… you know, doing the cleaning and cooking?  Perhaps other functions that are not G-rated?

Anyway, that seems really likely to occur in the not-too-distant future as I see it.

43 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I thought they already could pass it. In any event, intelligent machines are the future that’s for sure.  Did anyone watch the film I,Robot?  It proposed that in the future most people will have intelligent robots as servants… you know, doing the cleaning and cooking?  Perhaps other functions that are not G-rated?

Anyway, that seems really likely to occur in the not-too-distant future as I see it.

I was thinking more The Sixth Day, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Michael Rooker, along with Jennifer Gareis billed as the Virtual Girlfriend.  If our techno-overlords develop AI capable of making a decent sandwich, we're doomed.

• Like 1

The important question is once we have created a program so intelligent that it must be judged to be sentient what rights will it be given? If an intelligence is not limited in scope to be only as intelligent as it takes to do a specific task such as manufacturing certain items or maybe building security but have the ability to choose for itself how it wishes to relate with the world will it have representation in government, freedom of speech and movement, citizenship? Could it be incarcerated? Married?