Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Investigators claim to have solved mystery of Pentagon UFO footage

UM-Bot

33 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Where you and your mind go is on you.

It's interesting the person falling behind the "on brand" balloon response (especially after they say in the video that they cannot say what it is) quotes the person querying it as being "on brand". Those in the asylum never knew they were crazy.

Where my mind goes is where the evidence, facts and logic take me. I know, I know how reasonable of me to think that way.

Clearly, you are one of those folks who decides to live in make believe and that's just fine. Again though, your brand is to contribute nothing outside of complaining about others' posts that debunk, disprove or explain items in various threads. So, thus far you've remained on brand.

You didn't answer my question though. If it's not a balloon, what is your first, best guess as to what it is then?

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 5:58 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I can possibly believe "mylar balloon" if it weren't for the speed. 27 mph...? Ha! I doubt that.

Why are your doubts important?  Do you have relevant expertise and do you understand relative velocities?  Hints - how fast (and in what direction) was the camera-aircraft moving?  What was the camera doing (panning/rotating?) and how would that affect the relative (apparent) velocity of the tracked object over the background scenery?  How does the distance to the object versus the distance to the background affect the calculation?

'Ha!' indeed.  Is it short for half-assed?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Why are your doubts important?  Do you have relevant expertise and do you understand relative velocities?  Hints - how fast (and in what direction) was the camera-aircraft moving?  What was the camera doing (panning/rotating?) and how would that affect the relative (apparent) velocity of the tracked object over the background scenery?  How does the distance to the object versus the distance to the background affect the calculation?

'Ha!' indeed.  Is it short for half-assed?

1. ChrLzs:  "Why are your doubts important? " -  troll troll troll your boat..

2. ChrLzs:  "'Ha!' indeed.  Is it short for half-assed?" - and what a wonderful troll you are.

Where's the link you're supposed to get???

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

1. ChrLzs:  "Why are your doubts important? " -  troll troll troll your boat..

If you think I'm trolling, 2 things:

1. Report me, don't whine on thread.

2. Trolls don't normally happily explain why they take a particular view.  And they don't generally ask a series of leading questions (ya know, the ones you completely ignored) that will help you to understand why you are so dead wrong.  So your recognition skills for trolls seem to be similar to your UFO recognition abilities..  

2. ChrLzs:  "'Ha!' indeed.  Is it short for half-assed?" - and what a wonderful troll you are.

Thanks, I guess.

Where's the link you're supposed to get???

Sorry.. in english please?  Obviously I don't get whatever it is you are referring to.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

If you think I'm trolling, 2 things:

1. Report me, don't whine on thread.

You shifted the conversation to make *me*, being held in ridicule, to be the focal point of the thread, and not the solving of a UFO incident.. That's trolling. You need to be told?? 

2. Trolls don't normally happily explain why they take a particular view.  And they don't generally ask a series of leading questions (ya know, the ones you completely ignored) that will help you to understand why you are so dead wrong.  So your recognition skills for trolls seem to be similar to your UFO recognition abilities..  

Ohhhhhhh, the ones that I completely ignored! Ya got me on that one, eh.  When you answer MY question that has been out there for a long while, we can converse again. OK?

Thanks, I guess.

Sorry.. in english please?  Obviously I don't get whatever it is you are referring to.

You  made a statement in here that I called you out on. You said that the belief that UFOs are controlled by Aliens is just about non-existent, or words to that affect.
I immediately asked for a link, and you have been in denial about the request ever since. More requests by me for such a link followed, all ignored.

So get the link. 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

Ok then, since one is too afraid to engage in reasonable adult debates, how about you @Earl.Of.Trumps? You game to make a claim what this is? I mean you also seem incredulous at the balloon explanation as well. 

So if you like, what is your first best guess at what he item might be? What factors and evidence lead you to your conclusion?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Ok then, since one is too afraid to engage in reasonable adult debates, how about you @Earl.Of.Trumps? You game to make a claim what this is? I mean you also seem incredulous at the balloon explanation as well. 

So if you like, what is your first best guess at what he item might be? What factors and evidence lead you to your conclusion?

The context is completely lost and I don't what you are talking about (this??)

Speaking of games, you have steadfastly refused to name what the 4 objects are in the Salem Coast Guard UFO photo. And...? You expect me to jump??

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The context is completely lost and I don't what you are talking about (this??)

Speaking of games, you have steadfastly refused to name what the 4 objects are in the Salem Coast Guard UFO photo. And...? You expect me to jump??

The subject of the OP is the what i am talking about (Mylar balloon). Please try to keep up.

I don't expect anything from you. No need to get lathered up son. You take this far too seriously I think.

However in response to the other part, I answered and you ignored it.  I'll gladly answer again, lights from an aircraft. Not something affixed to an extraterrestrial craft.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/7/2023 at 6:58 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You  made a statement in here that I called you out on. You said that the belief that UFOs are controlled by Aliens is just about non-existent, or words to that affect.
I immediately asked for a link, and you have been in denial about the request ever since. More requests by me for such a link followed, all ignored.

So get the link. 

Thank you for the reply.  I expressed an opinion, and that opinion was NOT the subject of the thread.  That opinion (which you could have refuted by posting a link, I presume...?) could have simply been ignored by you, so as to focus on the claim in the thread.  But anyway, it was not an important claim, just based on my experience here, at metabunk, at astronomy forums and other worldwide publicly accessible 'venues'.  There are only a few hangers-on here (check your 'likes' for an example of one.. or two... :D )

So, no I don't have a link - and on that topic if you want to claim a victory, I'll gladly concede it - yes, the place is just overrun by brilliant and eloquent believers, just like you.  What a shame that they never post their best evidence or analysis (see above).  Now, can we get back ontopic, please?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As expected, Earl has no adult response. Just an emoji to signify the immature nature of his thought process and inability to hold a reasonable discussion. Stay golden pony boy.

Don't worry others and myself will be here to help others understand the complexities of this topic. Because while there are unidentified items being observed, none are intelligently controlled extraterrestrial craft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1