Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meta Quest 3

pallidin

I recently bought the Meta Quest 3 VR/MR headset, and wondering if anyone else here also has that or any other type, or might in the future.

I had a Meta Quest 2. Fun to use. Half Life Alyx was the only game I used it for. How does no. 3 compare?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I had a Meta Quest 2. Fun to use. Half Life Alyx was the only game I used it for. How does no. 3 compare?

Well, this is my first, so the only comparisons are from what I've read.

I will say that Quest headsets for their price rocks!

Half Life Alyx is definitely on my list! Just bought Red Matter 2 (yet to play)

I also found that I like not only the games, but also the theater screens and the movies, the social interactions, multiple monitors (working on it) through the display, a virtual office with desk, meeting table, whiteboard. 

Also 3D design, mixed reality, musical instruments one can play, etc... And I can both record and cast what I'm viewing and doing.

So much to do it's amazing.

• Like 1

I've dabbled with a few headsets over the years, the Quest 3 is a significant step up from the Quest 2 - the lenses are a lot better.

• Like 2

It's great that you got the Meta Quest 3 VR/MR headset! Virtual reality is an exciting and rapidly evolving technology, and many people are embracing it for various purposes, such as gaming, education, and social interaction.

• Like 1