Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What alien languages might sound like

Eldorado

4 minutes ago, Trelane said:

He's also conveniently omitting the outer gas giants that act as magnets for life destroying impact events, sparing earth for 100's of millions of years aiding evolution. Also, as you've pointed out in multiple threads, our beautiful (and unusually large for our size planet) tidally locked moon.

Which keeps the oceans moving and prevents the planet itself from tidally locking with the sun creating a "eyeball" planet or a Venus situation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:

Remember their beliefs in gods. Some of them believed their leaders were gods on earth. If a god tells you we need a pyramid you are not going to question it. If you are told that building a monument bigger and better will assure your future security then it would be something they would want to do. To them it wasn't just a silly pile of rocks. It was an assurance that the gods would look upon them favorably and they would reap the benefits of just that. If a god tells you that you must sacrifice people in order for the sun to come up you are going to sacrifice people. Thankfully (for the most part) those sort of beliefs have passed. To pretend that our sensibilities applied to people of those times is ludicrous. 

I simply asked a question.  What was their motivation.  How you get from that to me pretending that our sensibilities apply to them is itself ludicrous.  I mean, come on Toad...we do not know what their motivations were.  We don't even know whether or not they actually built them.  It seeeeeems like maybe they did...but we don't know that.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Not with the right chemical composition. You need certain metals for life. 

Population III stars are mostly hydrogen and helium. They go boom create heavier elements and form population IIs  with more elements. They go boom and create population Is which have the metals to create life and I use the term "metals" in the biochemistry sense.

Population IIs which are the ones that you call "billions" of years old just don't have the elements to create any form of advanced life in their systems. 

Now that, my friend. is truly unproven. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

That's because the periodic table is not complete....It's missing the alien elements.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Spectroscopy doesn't work? That's news to me. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pettytalk said:

That's because the periodic table is not complete....It's missing the alien elements.

Stick to Greek philosophy. Science isn't your forte. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Piney said:

Spectroscopy doesn't work? That's news to me. 

Oh, dear, I opened the box, now, didn't I. lol

Piney, I am sure spectroscopy works fine but conclusions that they draw looking at waves that are billions of years old can only tell us what it was billions of years ago, not now. MO

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Oh, dear, I opened the box, now, didn't I. lol

Piney, I am sure spectroscopy works fine but conclusions that they draw looking at waves that are billions of years old can only tell us what it was billions of years ago, not now. MO

Yeah...billions of years ago...when they were formed. B)

you gotta know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em  You losin the battle here son

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Stick to Greek philosophy. Science isn't your forte. 

Greek philosophy isn’t either.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2