Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Cost of Illegal Immigrants

__Kratos__

it dosen't, but yall charge as much as a Mexican makes in a YEAR to get citizenship.

It just America makes it to expensive for a normal Mexican

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• ForRizzle

• Babs

• Deception

I am all for Mexican citizens to come here legally like everyone else. But America is not the enternally rich country that can sustain the economic impact of millions of illegals coming each and every year, using public services. It has come to the breaking point in CA,AZ,TX and AZ. If they want to come they need to go through the correct immigration channels and save up like everyone else to bring thier family here. If they do that, then Mexicans are welcome like everyother nationality.

My Mexican part is Spanish/Chi-Chi Mecca indian from my mother's side. My mother was a 2nd generation American... so going from that side I guess I'm 3rd generation...

From what I understand, my grandfather's parents came legally and applied for citizenship... my grandfather rode with pancho villa and later became a preacher, and my mother and her siblings were extremely poor cotton pickers... from what I understand, money wasn't an issue to get in, but it was the reason for leaving.

I'm curious... I should know... I should know where to look it up... but... how much does it cost to become a US citizen? What's the fee/bribe that needs to be paid? I do know you need to take an oath, and renounce previous citizenship, and I think live here for a period of time... but what's this exorbitant fee we're talking about?

Edited by Celumnaz

All america has to do is lower the fees for citizenship. Hell i couldn't afford the fee and i jumped the border.

Yes i was an illegal Immigrant. I jumped the Mexican-American border 5 times. I used the money i made in america to open a bar in Mexico City. Now i am doing just fine. And this is way we jump the border. For a chance.

Border Patrol adds 500 agents in Arizona.

[World News] TUCSON : The U.S. Department of Homeland announced Wednesday the second phase of the Arizona Border Control Initiative, known as the ABC Initiative.

The program, unveiled in Tucson, will effectively increase the number of Border Patrol personnel by 500 along the Arizona border with Mexico to reduce the flow of illegal migrants, human-smuggling operations, migrants' deaths in the desert, and crime in the region.

"The Department of Homeland Security is determined to gain operational control of our nation's borders," Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Robert Bonner said in a statement."Today we are increasing our boots on the ground and assets in the air because, in a post 9/11 era, securing our borders is a national security issue."

The announcement came only two days before the vigilante Minuteman Project group is to begin monitoring and reporting migrant crossings.

The Minuteman Project is composed of volunteers who say they will gather Friday in Tombstone, Ariz.,, near the border, to speak against the "illegal alien invasion crisis."

The group's volunteer members will then camp along the border during the entire month to "help" border law enforcement officials catch illegal border crossers, according to Minuteman Project founder Jim Gilchrist.

- -- Copyright 2005 by United Press International.

when i tried it was nearly 6000 pesos. That is roughly about 600 American dollars.

And thats the exact reason we need to end it. You came here, didnt pay income tax, used our services, and then left with the under the table money to take back to mexico. We call that theft.

No 90% of Mexicans are decended from both Aztec (or other tribes)

So native Americans then... who are decendents of Asians

and Spainish.

Who like I said are Europeans

I have no gripe with the hard work ethic of Mexicans and will for a better life. But I am paying for it. Mabe Fox should pay the immigration fee to the US?

i wouldn't had to have if it was cheaper to get into your country. And i didn't use any services. No welfare and no Medicare. I went to work, made my money, and went back. I would have been happy to pay taxes, but if i would have tried i would have been deported.

I think Americans need to chill out on the whole terrorist thing. Every damn non-American that enters this country is looked on with suspicion, all because of one attack. I like the idea of immigrants. I believe in diversity and mixing different cultures. Everyone should be able to live where they choose. I don't believe it should be "legal" and "illegal" to live anywhere; you should just be able to live where they please.

We are also sick of the illegals that come here and murder and then cross back. Mexico wont even deport them back to face trial for thier crimes. Then they want us not to enforce the border and allow illegal immigration. You are very lucky that us big business has lobbied hard to allow the lack luster enforcement that has permitted crossing to this extent. Big business here has abused illegals. But that too is coming to and end as they are going to be fined huge fines for employing illegals then they will decide against doing it.

Where have you been, its not all about terrorism, its about the economic impact its having and paying for it. And Deception, just because you personally didnt use public services doenst change the fact its costing California taxpayers alone 10+ billion a year for supporting illegals.

Edited by ForRizzle

Illegal Immigration Costs California $10.5 Billion Annually

From Robert Longley,

Your Guide to U.S. Gov Info / Resources.

FREE GIFT with Newsletter! Act Now!

State's "cheap labor" costs average household $1,183 a year

Dateline: December, 2004

In hosting America's largest population of illegal immigrants, California bears a huge cost to provide basic human services for this fast growing, low-income segment of its population. A new study from the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) examines the costs of education, health care and incarceration of illegal aliens, and concludes that the costs to Californians is $10.5 billion per year.

Among the key finding of the report are that the state's already struggling K-12 education system spends approximately $7.7 billion a year to school the children of illegal aliens who now constitute 15 percent of the student body. Another $1.4 billion of the taxpayers' money goes toward providing health care to illegal aliens and their families, the same amount that is spent incarcerating illegal aliens criminals.

"California's addiction to 'cheap' illegal alien labor is bankrupting the state and posing enormous burdens on the state's shrinking middle class tax base," stated Dan Stein, President of FAIR.

Sponsored Links

How to Get a Green Card

Learn what you need to apply, and how to get a work permit.

www.Ineed2know.org

Immigration Problem

Fast, Inexpensive Legal Help from US Immigration Lawyer

www.ineedvisahelp.com

Undocumented Students

Up to date info on the Dream Act and the Student Adjustment act.

www.cosaonline.org

"Most Californians, who have seen their taxes increase while public services deteriorate, already know the impact that mass illegal immigration is having on their communities, but even they may be shocked when they learn just how much of a drain illegal immigration has become."

The Costs of Illegal Immigration to Californians focuses on three specific program areas because those were the costs examined by researchers from the Urban Institute in 1994. Looking at the costs of education, health care and incarceration for illegal aliens in 1994, the Urban Institute estimated that California was subsidizing illegal immigrants to the tune of about $1.1 billion. The enormous rise in the costs of illegal immigrants over the intervening ten years is due to the rapid growth in illegal residents. It is reasonable to expect those costs to continue to soar if action is not taken to turn the tide.

"Nineteen ninety-four was the same year that California voters rebelled and overwhelmingly passed Proposition 187, which sought to limit liability for mass illegal immigration. Since then, state and local governments have blatantly ignored the wishes of the voters and continued to shell out publicly financed benefits on illegal aliens," said Stein. "Predictably, the costs of illegal immigration have grown geometrically, while the state has spiraled into a fiscal crisis that has brought it near bankruptcy.

"Nothing could more starkly illustrate the very high costs of ‘cheap labor' than California's current situation," continued Stein. "A small number of powerful interests in the state reap the benefits, while the average native-born family in California gets handed a nearly $1,200 a year bill."

The Federation for American Immigration Reform is a nonprofit, public-interest, membership organization advocating immigration policy reforms that would tighten border security and prevent illegal immigration, while reducing legal immigration levels from about 1.1 million persons per year to 300,000 per year.

Link:

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigrationn.../caillegals.htm

Illegal aliens threaten U.S. medical system

Articles

by WorldNetDaily.com, March 13, 2005

Cristobal Silverio emigrated illegally from Mexico to Stockton, Calif., in 1997 to work as a fruit picker.

He brought with him his wife, Felipa, and three children, 19, 12 and 8 – all illegals. When Felipa gave birth to her fourth child, daughter Flor, the family had what is referred to as an "anchor baby" – an American citizen by birth who provided the entire Silverio clan a ticket to remain in the U.S. permanently.

But Flor was born premature, spent three months in the neonatal incubator and cost the San Joaquin Hospital more than $300,000. Meanwhile, oldest daughter Lourdes married an illegal alien gave birth to a daughter, too. Her name is Esmeralda. And Felipa had yet another child, Cristian.

The two Silverio anchor babies generate $1,000 per month in public welfare funding for the family. Flor gets $600 a month for asthma. Healthy Cristian gets $400. While the Silverios earned $18,000 last year picking fruit, they picked up another $12,000 for their two "anchor babies."

While President Bush says the U.S. needs more "cheap labor" from south of the border to do jobs Americans aren't willing to do, the case of the Silverios shows there are indeed uncalculated costs involved in the importation of such labor – public support and uninsured medical costs.

In fact, the increasing number of illegal aliens coming into the United States is forcing the closure of hospitals, spreading previously vanquished diseases and threatening to destroy America's prized health-care system, says a report in the spring issue of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons.

"The influx of illegal aliens has serious hidden medical consequences," writes Madeleine Pelner Cosman, author of the report. "We judge reality primarily by what we see. But what we do not see can be more dangerous, more expensive, and more deadly than what is seen."

According to her study, 84 California hospitals are closing their doors as a direct result of the rising number of illegal aliens and their non-reimbursed tax on the system.

"Anchor babies," the author writes, "born to illegal aliens instantly qualify as citizens for welfare benefits and have caused enormous rises in Medicaid costs and stipends under Supplemental Security Income and Disability Income."

In addition, the report says, "many illegal aliens harbor fatal diseases that American medicine fought and vanquished long ago, such as drug-resistant tuberculosis, malaria, leprosy, plague, polio, dengue, and Chagas disease."

While politicians often mention there are 43 million without health insurance in this country, the report estimates that at least 25 percent of those are illegal immigrants. The figure could be as high as 50 percent.

Not being insured does not mean they don't get medical care.

Under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1985, hospitals are obligated to treat the uninsured without reimbursement....

According to the report, between 1993 and 2003, 60 California hospitals closed because half their services became unpaid. Another 24 California hospitals verge on closure, the author writes.

"American hospitals welcome 'anchor babies,'" says the report.... Anchor babies are citizens, and instantly qualify for public welfare aid: Between 300,000 and 350,000 anchor babies annually become citizens because of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside."

Among the organizations directing illegal aliens into America's medical systems, according to the report, are the Ford Foundation-funded Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, the National Immigration Law Center, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association's Commission on Immigration Policy, Practice, and Pro Bono, the Immigrant Legal Resource Center, the National Council of La Raza, George Soros's Open Society Institute, the Migration Policy Institute, the National Network for Immigration and Refugee Rights and the Southern Poverty Law Center....

Many illegals entering this country have tuberculosis, according to the report.

..."TB's swift, deadly return now is lethal for about 60 percent of those infected because of new Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis. Until recently MDR-TB was endemic to Mexico. This Mycobacterium tuberculosis is resistant to at least two major anti-tubercular drugs.... Latent disease explodes later....

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ascribed 42 percent of all new TB cases to 'foreign born' people who have up to eight times higher incidences apparently, 66 percent of all TB cases coming to America originate in Mexico, the Philippines and Vietnam."

Other health threats from illegals include, according to the report:

Chagas disease, also called American trypanosomiasis or "kissing bug disease," is transmitted by the reduviid bug, which prefers to bite the lips and face.... The disease also infiltrates America's blood supply... No cure exists....

Leprosy, also known as Hansen's disease... is endemic to northeastern states because illegal aliens and other immigrants brought leprosy from India, Brazil, the Caribbean and Mexico.

Dengue fever is exceptionally rare in America... Recently, according to the report, there was a virulent outbreak of dengue fever in Webb County, Texas, which borders Mexico....

Polio was eradicated from America, but now reappears in illegal immigrants as do intestinal parasites, says the report.

Malaria was obliterated, but now is re-emerging in Texas.

The Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons report includes a strong prescription for protecting the health of Americans:

Closing America's borders with fences, high-tech security devices and troops.

Rescinding the U.S. citizenship of "anchor babies."

Punishing the aiding and abetting of illegal aliens as a crime.

An end to amnesty programs.

Link:

http://www.theamericanresistance.com/artic...t2005mar13.html

oh snap...theres other races in this place .....

Edit; removed vulgar comment. Caffene, this is an English language forum, all posts are to be submitted that way. Additionally, your earlier concern about being banned will be quickly realized if you continue to post obscenities in any language.

Edited by Magikman

Well all that would be settled if yall would just make it CHEAPER. Give us passage to work and make money in your country.

Hell i wouldn't have to become an illegal if i could've paid the fees. I even had 500 pesos to pay the fees i was sure it wouldn't have been more then that. BUT NO. i needed 5500 more pesos to be able to pay the fees.

Hey i do have an idea how yall can stop illegal immigration. Make it where we can enter your nation. Put us in apartments stationed at the border. Let us work and pay for the apartments. Then gives us time to pay the fees. And after we become american citizens Let us enter America.

Simple and to the point. And i have no idea what to do with Mexican murders. I suggest you give an eye for an eye.

Not a completly bad idea Deception. A guest worker program also has drawbacks. It encourages more to come and the ones here dont usually leave permantely. But there is some sense to worker visas through proper channels leading to legal immigration. I think it would make sense if the border was sealed to illegals and then you have a properly documented and monitored guest worker program that leads to citizenship. But with the border not secured it wont work.

thats what we need is to work toghter. Let us work and payoff the fees of while in your country. Set a payment plan or something.

I only agree if the border was closed to illegals so the program could really work. Do you agree that would be a vital component?

hell if you could do that you could dam the rio for all i care. Take and build a 14 foot high wall.

Only thing i ask is americans make it cheaper for Mexicans to become citizens.

Sorry i didn't answer you sooner.

Britian is not far behind America ,the only diference is that the Torrie party are going to do some thing that Labour have put their heads in the sand about ,and certain people jump on the band wagon and call them opertunists

I notice you gloss over the fact that this was happening under the Tories as well, your party' leader is himself the son of illegal immigrants

well assuming you want to close the borders entirely, i disagree with sending people back to their home country, when they are likely to be victims of torture or barbaric deaths for the opinions they hold regarding the strict regimes they are living by.

Actually statistics show that most asylum seekers are economic refugees, not political ones.

Our kids are not getting the skills needed in school to fill the job market,who`s fault is that ,labour have had 8 years to fix it and havent

The Tories ruled for 18 years and didn't fix it, whats your point?

very true and these people in general percieve the UK and the US as the lands of golden opportunity, learning the language while in school if they were lucky enough to have the opportunity.

Actuality its because the UK gives welfare to anyone, and will give them housing at the expense of our own homeless and doesn deport you if you manage to avoid authorities for long enough. Other EU members aren't this stupid and don't do all that.

And there are plenty who con't speak the language and don't intend to, lets remember 6% of the Netherlands population is Arab and can't speek a word of Dutch, don't intent to learn Dutch, don't even know the name of the country in Dutch.

550510[/snapback]

My party? wacko.gifblink.gifrofl.gif and how without me telling any one who my so called party is you can tell 15.000 thousand people the answer

Well done Talon

My party?    and how without me telling any one who my so called party is you can tell 15.000 thousand people the answer

I think you've love of Howard quite clearly shows when you reach voting age, it'll be the tories. tongue.gif Although, you have stated in the past who think the Nazis are an acceptable replacement for Blair huh.gif