Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yowie researcher believes wild boar was 'torn in half' by Bigfoot-like cryptid

UM-Bot

Wild boars in East Texas and Louisiana are also getting torn apart by unknown predators in the woods. Boars are also tough apex predators so whatever is doing to this is strong and powerful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As usual, it will be explained  by very normal and natural behaviour of known animals.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tonedog45 said:

Wild boars in East Texas and Louisiana are also getting torn apart by unknown predators in the woods. Boars are also tough apex predators so whatever is doing to this is strong and powerful. 

I was in West LA this past summer visiting and took a boat tour on Caddo lake.  The guide mentioned that their trail cameras are routinely picking up jaguars, which are apparently following the proliferate wild boars.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Catch one, and I'll believe they exist.

If no one is able to catch one, then we have a creature that is nothing but an imaginairy being, òr.. one that has superior intelligence and knows how to fool us.

I think it's bs.

• Like 4

Well, it’s an interesting story and the trackway is quite pronounced.  It shows what appears to be typical Yowie/sasquatch prints which were well preserved.  So, those are not the tracks of a known animal.  I’d say it must be a hoax or the pathway of an undocumented creature.  The problem I have with the story is that the animal remains were not discussed.  If there is such a thing as a Yowie, why would it rip the boar in two but not eat it?  I mean, it has been observed that orcas will kill a great white shark and consume only the liver, leaving the rest of the corpse to rot, but there was no discussion of behavior like that in this account.  So, IMO….this is just more fuel to fire the legend.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cho Jinn said:

I was in West LA this past summer visiting and took a boat tour on Caddo lake.  The guide mentioned that their trail cameras are routinely picking up jaguars, which are apparently following the proliferate wild boars.

Yes I heard the same thing along with a small population of bears but hogs travel in packs and I have seen them fight off coyotes and mountain lions and they are the same size as jaguars. I have come across a jaguar in South Texas in 2005 and treed it but did not shoot it and they are shy and very evasive for sure. I seriously doubt they can fight off what we call razorback boars which are the alpha males. 

• Like 3

"Evidence of a large creature  HOAX in a remote part of Queensland," 

Don't take the word of a long-time bigfoot hunter. And yes, there are things I see that spell "FAKE". just not a very good one.

• Like 2

So bigfoot likes to rip critter in half for what purpose? Kicks?

• Like 2

It can rip it and half, but then have to drag it???   Clearly they added the dragging for effect, but because of that--a HOAX.

Edited by ercbreeze
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tonedog45 said:

Yes I heard the same thing along with a small population of bears but hogs travel in packs and I have seen them fight off coyotes and mountain lions and they are the same size as jaguars. I have come across a jaguar in South Texas in 2005 and treed it but did not shoot it and they are shy and very evasive for sure. I seriously doubt they can fight off what we call razorback boars which are the alpha males. 

Do you use coonhounds hunting the big cats? I'm in Oz and used to be a keen pig hunter using mastiff crosses to hold the pigs.

• Like 2

I don't know how any animal apart from a huge croc maybe could do this. I've had a 100kg feral boar drag six huge pig dogs down a hill with me on it's back and the mrs getting dragged holding the tail. You'd need two Landcruisers to rip one in half, lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Crap, this is nothing!  I've seen BFRO reports termed "credible" in which the North American Footie-Foo-Foo tossed wild pigs into the air  before . . . knocking them in the head, or tearing them in half.  I forget which.

So yeah, nah, yeah.

• Like 4

On 11/7/2023 at 6:03 PM, openozy said:

Do you use coonhounds hunting the big cats? I'm in Oz and used to be a keen pig hunter using mastiff crosses to hold the pigs.

No we did night time hunts using night vision and they are all over the place them hogs. We do not hunt the Mountain lion nor Jaguars but will shoot coyotes because their numbers is very high. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2023 at 6:18 PM, openozy said:

I don't know how any animal apart from a huge croc maybe could do this. I've had a 100kg feral boar drag six huge pig dogs down a hill with me on it's back and the mrs getting dragged holding the tail. You'd need two Landcruisers to rip one in half, lol.

Hogs can easily fight off pack of dogs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, yes all well and good. Dead hogs ripped apart and drag marks and such. No samples identified or collected? No corresponding photos of the alleged attacked hogs or "drag marks". Nothing?

That's exactly what this story is, nothing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

Yes, yes all well and good. Dead hogs ripped apart and drag marks and such. No samples identified or collected? No corresponding photos of the alleged attacked hogs or "drag marks". Nothing?

That's exactly what this story is, nothing.

The hog would most certainly have drawn it's attackers blood providing DNA. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tonedog45 said:

Hogs can easily fight off pack of dogs. 

We used very hard and smart dogs, mostly mastiff with bull terrier in them. Two could handle any boar over here but we don't have the genuine European wild boar, just very feral pigs. We did had two mastiff/dane crosses, huge dogs that would crush most pig's skulls so you didn't even need a knife.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yowies are devolved bestial Egyptians who colonized Australia thousands of years ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/7/2023 at 12:48 PM, Abramelin said:

As usual, it will be explained  by very normal and natural behaviour of known animals.

If the animals are human, yes.

Looks like a nice job on the pig with a "saws all" and someone wearing a fake foot (the anatomy there in the footprint is not of anything that could actually walk.) 

Aussies are known practical jokers, and this one is an amusingly staged joke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, openozy said:

We used very hard and smart dogs, mostly mastiff with bull terrier in them. Two could handle any boar over here but we don't have the genuine European wild boar, just very feral pigs. We did had two mastiff/dane crosses, huge dogs that would crush most pig's skulls so you didn't even need a knife.

Mastiffs are totally huge dogs and yes they can do lots of damage to another animal. 

• Like 2