Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chicago is so unpleasant migrants are fleeing BACK to Venezuela after being dumped in shelters


WVK

Recommended Posts

Chicago has become so unpleasant that migrants are fleeing back to Venezuela after being dumped in shelters and refused better paying jobs.

Since August last year, 20,700 migrants have arrived in Chicago from Texas. The Lone Star State's Governor Greg Abbott sent migrants to Chicago and other Democrat-run cities because of their proud status as 'sanctuary cities.' They offer enhanced protection against detention or deportation for undocumented migrants.

Now, Illinois' harsh winters, lack of migrant infrastructure, and ambivalent support from locals has made many people, who undertook the harsh US-Mexico border journey, actually turn around and go back home. 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12739955/Chicago-unpleasant-migrants-fleeing-Venezuela-shelters.html

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

That Chicago is worse than Venezuela?

It's a conservatives wet dream to imagine democratically run cities as literal hell on earth.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

That Chicago is worse than Venezuela?

The word will spread eventually.  If truly unlimited migration is allowed to continue, do you imagine America can absorb them all and the country NOT become as depressed and unlivable as the places they all came from?  How on earth would we avoid it?  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean - you really have to suck if people think Venezuela is actually better than you lol. Good lord, Chicago 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chicago has been nicknamed Chiraq because there's been more killings than in Iraq. Good job democrats. :wacko:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Chicago has been nicknamed Chiraq because there's been more killings than in Iraq. Good job democrats. :wacko:

Thank you.  Thank you very much.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's cold. And snowy. The Windy City. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

That Chicago is worse than Venezuela?

Nah, they aren't getting the handouts and shelter.  Most the progressives here in Chicago aren't so progressive when they have to actually live with the policies they support.

They keep trying to put the migrants in the black community and the residents are rightfully upset.  They miraculously can come up with millions of dollars for migrants, but have constantly ignored the concerns of the black community.  The people aren't having it.  Maybe they will stop voting for Democrats now...

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That would be a miracle on the order of the parting of the Red Sea.  I guess it could happen but it would only happen once the community could be educated that it was THEY who were being replaced as a voting cash cow for Dems.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, and-then said:

That would be a miracle on the order of the parting of the Red Sea.  I guess it could happen but it would only happen once the community could be educated that it was THEY who were being replaced as a voting cash cow for Dems.

Some are waking up and tired being played as the useful idiots of Democrats.  I really think this issue could cause Democrats to lose.  However, leave it to the loser Republican party to not take advantage.  They should be running TV ads and all kinds of media pointing out this fiasco and making Democrats own this...

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Some are waking up and tired being played as the useful idiots of Democrats.  I really think this issue could cause Democrats to lose.  However, leave it to the loser Republican party to not take advantage.  They should be running TV ads and all kinds of media pointing out this fiasco and making Democrats own this...

 

Yes, indeed.  The Republicans are a party that seems to enjoy playing the role of some kind of cuck to the Democrats.  It's like there is no pride or true committment to the principles they claim to espouse.  THAT is the element that allowed someone like Trump to enjoy the success he has found.  I doubt he'll ever hold the office again but his legacy will be the undoing of the DC status quo and they hate him for it with a never ending hate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Looks like they had to leave because of the cost of living crisis we are seeing for unskilled labor. 

Quote

Venezuela-born Michael Castejon, 39, and his family have been sleeping on the floors of police stations and shelters after he could not afford to pay rent in Chicago - because his work permit was taking so long to arrive. 

 

The family was renting an apartment through a city voucher program, that gives up to $15,000 for up to six months of rental assistance - but once it ran out, they had to give up their living space. 

 

The dad found a job in construction, and he was getting paid in cash, but it wasn't enough to sustain his family since they arrived in June. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

Nah, they aren't getting the handouts and shelter.  Most the progressives here in Chicago aren't so progressive when they have to actually live with the policies they support.

They keep trying to put the migrants in the black community and the residents are rightfully upset.  They miraculously can come up with millions of dollars for migrants, but have constantly ignored the concerns of the black community.  The people aren't having it.  Maybe they will stop voting for Democrats now...

 

 

They got 6 months of rent paid for.

Quote

The family was renting an apartment through a city voucher program, that gives up to $15,000 for up to six months of rental assistance - but once it ran out, they had to give up their living space. 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

 

Looks like they had to leave because of the cost of living crisis we are seeing for unskilled labor. 

 

Don't you dare present actual facts! You need to be outraged because democrats=crime=apocalypse!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Don't you dare present actual facts! You need to be outraged because democrats=crime=apocalypse!

Oh yeah sorry.

I mean, damn democrats scaring away the Venezuelan migrants back to their socialist nation :ph34r:.

Oh wait I think I'm still doing it wrong...

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Oh yeah sorry.

I mean, damn democrats scaring away the Venezuelan migrants back to their socialist nation :ph34r:.

Oh wait I think I'm still doing it wrong...

GOP: look at Chicago to see what socialism does to cities!

Everyone else: Literally just capitalism at work

Edited by Occupational Hubris
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

 

They got 6 months of rent paid for.

 

Right... and it ended, so now time to go back home.  Pretty sure a lot of struggling Chicagoans would have loved $15k in assistance.

The problem is the city is not equipped to deal with this influx of people who are largely indigent. It is a huge strain on resources.  Of course, this problem could be solved if we just made a significant effort to secure the border.   

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

Right... and it ended, so now time to go back home.  Pretty sure a lot of struggling Chicagoans would have loved $15k in assistance.

The problem is the city is not equipped to deal with this influx of people who are largely indigent. It is a huge strain on resources.  Of course, this problem could be solved if we just made a significant effort to secure the border.   

Migrant or citizen, unskilled labor can't afford to raise a family in the US. 

That's the real story here tbh. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Edumakated said:

They miraculously can come up with millions of dollars for migrants, but have constantly ignored the concerns of the black community.  The people aren't having it.  Maybe they will stop voting for Democrats now...

I agree.  Republicans are more fair, they want to cut benefits for everyone.  Not much of an alternative.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Migrant or citizen, unskilled labor can't afford to raise a family in the US. 

That's the real story here tbh. 

Which is why you don't put cart before horse and have children if you can't afford it....

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Which is why you don't put cart before horse and have children if you can't afford it....

That's why people aren't really having kids anymore. 

And also one of many reasons why abortion bans are dumb. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That's why people aren't really having kids anymore. 

And also one of many reasons why abortion bans are dumb. 

The lower classes still have kids too early.  The middle and upper class professionals delay children until they are settled and secure in their careers.  This is why urban areas are filled with fertility clinics as women aren't having kids until their mid 30s.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I agree.  Republicans are more fair, they want to cut benefits for everyone.  Not much of an alternative.

Both pick and choose where they want to spend money.  Neither are really good for the middle and upper class tax payers.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.